• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Old Hack

Things you have no idea how to feel about

516 posts in this topic

What is the big deal about avocado on toast (or avocado sandwiches)? People are talking about it lately like it's something left over from the Yuppie era from the 80s. I don't eat the stuff (I'm smart enough to make guacamole out of them first), but what's wrong with it?

16 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

What is the big deal about avocado on toast (or avocado sandwiches)? People are talking about it lately like it's something left over from the Yuppie era from the 80s. I don't eat the stuff (I'm smart enough to make guacamole out of them first), but what's wrong with it?

Well, for starters, it is avocado.  One of the few veggies I don't eat.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

From what I've seen, avocado on toast is the reason why the economy is messed up so bad.

Or to be more specific, economists are blaming millenials for trying to live a high end lifestyle on low income.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

From what I've seen, avocado on toast is the reason why the economy is messed up so bad.

Or to be more specific, economists are blaming millenials for trying to live a high end lifestyle on low income.

Exactly. WTF is wrong with that? It sounds more like fodder for comedians to me than anything anyone should really be concerned about.

On 7/9/2017 at 0:46 PM, mlooney said:

Well, for starters, it is avocado.  One of the few veggies I don't eat.

My wife loves avocado. And I don't get that. I cannot stomach the consarned things. She especially loves a Quik-Chek sandwich thing called an Avocado Supreme, and I can hardly bear to look at one of these. I have nicknamed them Avocado Supremacy and suspect them of a plot aimed at placing avocados in charge of the world.

mlooney likes this

What's wrong with Avocados?

Any fruit that the Aztecs compared to testicles and the conquistadors named after lawyers must be good for you.

Zorua likes this

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Guacamole.

The defense rests.

Are you saying that is good or bad?  Cause it's gross.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:
3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Guacamole.

The defense rests.

Are you saying that is good or bad?  Cause it's gross.

One man's sensory input vs. another's. Mine tells me to say, "Yes, please," and eat it when it is appropriately offered.

Guacamole is to avocado as bread is to wheat.  Just because you like whole wheat bread, doesn't mean you also have to like chewing on raw kernals of wheat.  The world would be boring if everyone liked the same things.

ProfessorTomoe likes this

We recently did an experiment and learned two things:

1) avocado does nothing for egg salad - nothing bad, but nothing good either

2) adding black pepper to avocado-egg salad is a bad idea. I suspect, but haven't confirmed, that this applies to avocado in general.

5 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

We recently did an experiment and learned two things:

1) avocado does nothing for egg salad - nothing bad, but nothing good either

2) adding black pepper to avocado-egg salad is a bad idea. I suspect, but haven't confirmed, that this applies to avocado in general.

Avocado in terms of flavour doesn't do much, but in terms of nutritional value, it's pretty good stuff.

Avocado plus this makes for very tasty stuff. Penzeys Salsa & Pico comes in very handy for other things as well.

26 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Avocado plus this makes for very tasty stuff. Penzeys Salsa & Pico comes in very handy for other things as well.

Do they make a version without that icky cilantro?

Probably not. If you're a cilantro supertaster, you're going to have trouble in the world of salsas. It is part and parcel of the best Tex-Mex food. Sorry.