• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Things you have no idea how to feel about

Recommended Posts

Black Susan, the cat I have while my sister in law paints her house, just caught and killed one of the mice I have.   This is good.  She also didn't eat it, which is better.  What isn't so good is leaving the body in the middle of the bed room floor for me to find.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Black Susan, the cat I have while my sister in law paints her house, just caught and killed one of the mice I have.   This is good.  She also didn't eat it, which is better.  What isn't so good is leaving the body in the middle of the bed room floor for me to find.

All-natural pest control!  As long as you or landlord or neighbors that share mice haven't put out any poisons, predation is probably the best solution.  As for putting it out in the middle of the floor, from what clients say, there are far worse options.  Like dropping it on you in bed (possibly still alive), or leaving it somewhere out of sight and you don't find it until the smell leads you to it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Black Susan, the cat I have while my sister in law paints her house, just caught and killed one of the mice I have.   This is good.  She also didn't eat it, which is better.  What isn't so good is leaving the body in the middle of the bed room floor for me to find.

The problem with telling her where you would like her to leave them is, of course, that cats don't listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2017 at 0:15 PM, The Old Hack said:

Nonsense. Cats always listen. If they didn't listen, they couldn't deliberately ignore you.

Mine operate the opposite way. They listen so that they'll know exactly when to get in our way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumour has it that Quentin Tarantino might be collaborating with J.J. Abrams on the next Star Trek film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Rumour has it that Quentin Tarantino might be collaborating with J.J. Abrams on the next Star Trek film.

If true, I hope Harvey Keitel shows up as a major character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mlooney said:

The "way too convenient store" is closing on the 18th.  Meh.  Really not sure what I think about that.

My condolences. How far away does this move the next such not-quite-as-convenient store?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

My condolences. How far away does this move the next such not-quite-as-convenient store?

Not really sure.  About a half mile, maybe?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mlooney said:

Not really sure.  About a half mile, maybe?

 

The Google maps says about .7 miles.  Meh.  Save me money in the long run if I have to send 30 minutes round trip vs 2 minutes, if that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mlooney said:

The Google maps says about .7 miles.  Meh.  Save me money in the long run if I have to send 30 minutes round trip vs 2 minutes, if that.

I'm assuming you have to walk. I won't press the question further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I'm assuming you have to walk. I won't press the question further.

I have to walk most places, I don't have a car or a license.  Long story as to why on both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quartzsite's Christmas parade had, as one float, a dragon - that was pretty much it - playing "O Little Town of Bethlehem" followed by "O Holy Night".

Immediately behind it was a flatbed truck advertising Jesus and one of the local churches, filled with a bunch of kids singing "Jingle Bells" followed by "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer".

Somehow that doesn't seem to line up right in my mind. Shouldn't the church float have been the one with the religious songs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some how, between my last trip to the Laundromat and today's I seemed to have either gained 4 items or lost 4 hangers.   I would have bet any amount of money that I had a hanger for all my shirts and pants.  After today's load, I have 2 shirts and 2 pair of sweatpants that don't have a hanger.  Call me confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Some how, between my last trip to the Laundromat and today's I seemed to have either gained 4 items or lost 4 hangers.   I would have bet any amount of money that I had a hanger for all my shirts and pants.  After today's load, I have 2 shirts and 2 pair of sweatpants that don't have a hanger.  Call me confused.

Whenever something like that happens to us, we usually blame the cat. Can't find the TV remote? "Oh, the cat ate the remote again."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Whenever something like that happens to us, we usually blame the cat. Can't find the TV remote? "Oh, the cat ate the remote again."

Suzi's favourite place to hang out is in the closet where the items in question live, so there is that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Some how, between my last trip to the Laundromat and today's I seemed to have either gained 4 items or lost 4 hangers.   I would have bet any amount of money that I had a hanger for all my shirts and pants.  After today's load, I have 2 shirts and 2 pair of sweatpants that don't have a hanger.  Call me confused.

Sounds like you need to buy a box of safety pins....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this