• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Things you have no idea how to feel about

At some point in the last 12 hours my smaller frying pan got washed, it was on the rack drying.

I have no memory of doing that and I suspect that Susan the cat wouldn't wash it, even if she had thumbs, she would just leave it in the sink for me to deal with, she is that kind of person.

I just checked my eggs, I have the number I think I should have, which means I haven't made the pan dirty either. I have a confused.

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

Have you done any favors for fairies or brownies lately?

Not that I can think of.  Unless leaving a bowl of water down for the cat (as well as the cat food) counts.

Chris A Field is redoing large chunks of the "Black Tokyo"  game setting.

Good point:  If you have bought the old version of a book he puts the updated version where you can download it from RPGNow.com

Bad Point:  I have to read them to see if he has any thing worth using.    Why is this a problem?  Well the sub title of the latest book is now "Catgirls, Sex Toys and Powered Armor".

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well the sub title of the latest book is now "Catgirls, Sex Toys and Powered Armor".

Don't laugh. The weaponized and fusion-powered depleted-uranium armour piercing dildo for anti-Kaiju mechas has a penetration capacity that is not to be underestimated, and it comes with a nice synthetic catfur slipcover as an optional accessory.

10 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Don't laugh. The weaponized and fusion-powered depleted-uranium armour piercing dildo for anti-Kaiju mechas has a penetration capacity that is not to be underestimated, and it comes with a nice synthetic catfur slipcover as an optional accessory.

Ohmydearlord.

Things that make you feel some...positive emotion like anticipation and possibly eagerness.

I was watching YouTube videos on my phone and one of them opened with an ad. It was a trailer for something sci-fi virtual reality thing. And I'm like, okay, this is kinda interesti- And then the frikkin' IRON GIANT shows up, and I'm like 'Okay, I've got to keep watching.' And then there's the T. rex, King Kong, a team of SPARTANs from Halo, and The DeLorean!

So yeah, Ready Player One is getting a movie, and even though I've never read the book, I'm kinda interested.

Looks like Wreck-It Ralph's more actiony older brother.

4 hours ago, Zorua said:

Things that make you feel some...positive emotion like anticipation and possibly eagerness.

I was watching YouTube videos on my phone and one of them opened with an ad. It was a trailer for something sci-fi virtual reality thing. And I'm like, okay, this is kinda interesti- And then the frikkin' IRON GIANT shows up, and I'm like 'Okay, I've got to keep watching.' And then there's the T. rex, King Kong, a team of SPARTANs from Halo, and The DeLorean!

So yeah, Ready Player One is getting a movie, and even though I've never read the book, I'm kinda interested.

Looks like Wreck-It Ralph's more actiony older brother.

I think it's more like a cross between Tron and Hunger Games with Pixel's overuse of pop culture references.

I never read the book either but that's the vibe I got from the trailer.

Ready Player One is notorious for its male protagonist repeatedly and persistently cyber-stalking the female main character, later tracking her down in real life too despite repeatedly being told to leave her alone, and it being portrayed as romantic instead of creepy.  It's like Twilight only closer to real life.  In the end, when they meet face to face, she mysteriously transforms from a strong, confident, powerful woman to a needy, insecure trophy for him to win by swearing he's really a nice guy, honest, if she'll just give him a chance.

The only thing that was at all progressive or even humanizing about her in the book was that she was plus-size.  Guess what Hollywood just couldn't bring themselves to do, no matter how big a part of her character it was in the book?  Google images of Olivia Cooke if you need a hint....

I just saw the most inappropriate banner ad ever. Seriously.

For one thing, it was in a Youtube ad and I do not understand how it was even judged safe for work. For that reason I am setting it behind a spoiler tag.

But the worst part of it was the timing.

This video had just in great detail described the utter failure of the romance plots of a TV series. Cue appearance of the ad banner.

DONATE SPERM.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

It's shrink day.  It's cold wet and nasty out side.   I'm sure that will make the whole experience a win-win.

Medication change and another visit in 2 weeks.

7 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Ah. Keep us posted, changes in meds are so often rocky going. :/

Yep.  I think I'll be posting in the "changing meds" thread for every thing that happens over the next 2 weeks.

Susan, my cat, seems to have a love/hate relationship with my boots. She does the cat chin marking thing on them daily and she some times uses them as a scratching post. But when ever I take them off, she runs and hides in her cat cave for several minutes to an hour. She likes the boots but there is something about me taking them off the freaks her out.

35 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Susan, my cat, seems to have a love/hate relationship with my boots. She does the cat chin marking thing on them daily and she some times uses them as a scratching post. But when ever I take them off, she runs and hides in her cat cave for several minutes to an hour. She likes the boots but there is something about me taking them off the freaks her out.

She is clearly being a cat, engaging in arcane feline thought processes whose nature are not for mere humans to understand.

16 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

She is clearly being a cat, engaging in arcane feline thought processes whose nature are not for mere humans to understand.

Could be.  Or she just could be a bit of a spaz.

20 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Could be.  Or she just could be a bit of a spaz.

Maybe the boots have to air out a bit before she can get close enough to them?

I often wonder how animals actually view human conventions like clothes, vehicles, and other pets or livestock.

Except for cats, of course.

For cats?

Laundry is something on which you nap.
Cars are something under which you nap.
And dogs are things that interrupt your nap.

I have spent sparse time on the forum lately. Unfortunately, due to that, I committed a faux pas against @mlooney yesterday, quite unwittingly, for which I again apologize.

I don't know how to react to my absence here. I've spent a lot of time on Facebook, chatting with one particular friend, trying to get my mind set in the right position for the struggle to produce an album cover at zero cost. That's gone about as well as you'd think it would. My Facebook friend has been part of a support system lately, mainly because he suggested the first attempt at getting a cover done. That failed completely. The second attempt, started by Mrs. Prof, has not gone much better, but at least by the end of the day I'll have a copyright-cleared CD front cover, ready to slide into place for Disc Makers. The other pages and the CD art will need to be done by Disc Makers, but I can't produce a cut-and-paste copy of what goes on what page. I'm racked with nervousness and anxiety over the whole thing,  which I need to get done so I can start a music writing project on March 15th.

This is my lame excuse for not being around as much as I should have been, and for that I apologize as well. If anyone has any help they can offer with the order of what goes where on the inside cover, back cover, and CD itself, please lead me to it.

Susan, the cat,  caught and killed mouse number 3 or 4.  She left it in the middle of the living room this time, which is better than the bedroom.

They started yesterday at demolishing the house to the immediate  west of me.   It's pretty much gone now.