• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Things you have no idea how to feel about

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I've never heard of sleep shopping.

I've heard of drunk shopping.

Several people I knew in EVE ended up with supercaps and faction ships that way.

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sleep walking, and performing various tasks without remembering, is a side effect of several medications.

I've never heard of sleep shopping.
Was it an item you would have bought normally?
Is this something that Amazon will recognize as a valid reason for a return?
Are you stuck paying shipping both ways?

Yes, it was a book about blowing things up...  "How to make War".  Actually I have the 3 previous editions of it.  Just this is month with less money due to the bike.

I'm keeping the book, so don't know if they would take "I was on drugs" as a reason.  I also suspect that the return shipping would be more than the cost of the book, so it's a wash.

This isn't the first time I did this, for what it's worth.  My current epee was bought while asleep.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

My current epee was bought while asleep.

Sleep Swashbuckling?

This sounds like the premise for ZZZorro!  The story of a hero to the oppressed people of Spanish California who doesn't even know that he is the mysterious vigilante because he dons the mask only when sleepwalking.

I just read the owners manual for the bike.  The high points are:

1. Do not expose battery to 104 degrees F or higher. That might make life tricky at times.
  2. Store the bike indoors
  3. Don't charge the battery in your bed room
  4.  Don't charge the battery for more than 12 hours.

All said and done, well, I have a bike in the kitchen. And I need to set a timer for when I put the battery on charge.

35 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Do not expose battery to 104 degrees F or higher. That might make life tricky at times.

It's okay, there is no global warming. Some politician said the rising water levels are caused by rocks falling into the ocean.

The problem with waking up at oh three hundred, for reasons that made sense at the time, is that by oh nine thirty you feel like it should be the middle of the afternoon.  Bleh

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

The problem with waking up at oh three hundred, for reasons that made sense at the time, is that by oh nine thirty you feel like it should be the middle of the afternoon.  Bleh

Well I figured out why my head hurts.  Big honking storm front rolling in.  The claim 60% chance of rain, but it's 60%ing fairly hard right now

Today is a busy morning. We have people here to fix the roof, we have people here to remove a tree, and a kitten. And it's not even nine a.m.!

(note 1: the tree has nothing to do with the roof)

(note 2: we have to call the SPCA for the kitten. we're not keeping it, no matter how badly I want to)

(note 3: no, seriously, this is adorable)

Oh advice of the lady I got to do some house cleaning, the living room floor is now quite wet with a "has bleach" cleaner.  Until we get done with cleaning the rest of the house Susan, my cat, is in the closed off bathroom.  She is less than happy about this.  Her food and water plus the litter box is in there with her, so she can get over it...

7 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Oh advice of the lady I got to do some house cleaning, the living room floor is now quite wet with a "has bleach" cleaner.  Until we get done with cleaning the rest of the house Susan, my cat, is in the closed off bathroom.  She is less than happy about this.  Her food and water plus the litter box is in there with her, so she can get over it...

Locked in one room, a stranger in the house, and a really weird unpleasant smell coming under the door.  Sounds like she'd justified in being less than gruntled.  Despite what she thinks she wants, may I suggest keeping her in there until the smell fades, even after the floors are dry?

15 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Locked in one room, a stranger in the house, and a really weird unpleasant smell coming under the door.  Sounds like she'd justified in being less than gruntled.  Despite what she thinks she wants, may I suggest keeping her in there until the smell fades, even after the floors are dry?

Well, I realized that I have  door into the bed room1 and shut it, and let her out of the bathroom (which off of the bed room) so she could sleep with me last night.  She seems better, but I'm not letting her out into the rest of the house until I think it's safe, which would be after the smell is gone.

1Yes, I forget I have a bed room door some days.

8 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I hope that the Waterdeep:Dragon Heist book has a lot of detail in it, updated to 5e, because converting the dozen or so books about Waterdeep to 5e is going to be a pain.

Arrrrgh, edition conversions! Pure agony. It was bad enough from AD&D to Second Edition, and when 3.0 came out I just threw my hands into the air and created my own game setting. :doom:

And then there's 4E, which broke what some people loved about earlier editions and instead did stuff that other people loved...

... I watched the development of 5E for a while, and when I concluded that they were carefully picking out everything that the folks who liked 4E better specifically preferred about that edition and making 5E as much UNlike it as possible - in the direction of earlier editions but even more so - I gave up on it.

(4E was not a complete success in every regard. I don' t know of anyone who preferred 4E's limited alignment "grid" over what was in 3E. I mean, the notion that Lawful can never be Evil is absurd on its face.)

7 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

And then there's 4E, which broke what some people loved about earlier editions and instead did stuff that other people loved...

... I watched the development of 5E for a while, and when I concluded that they were carefully picking out everything that the folks who liked 4E better specifically preferred about that edition and making 5E as much UNlike it as possible - in the direction of earlier editions but even more so - I gave up on it.

Personally I did not like 4E but I felt that its popularity fully justified its existence. I had a ton of 3.0 stuff and even 3.5 stuff that I loved and no law kept me from continuing to use it. So I nodded to 4E, wished the people who liked it much happy gaming and continued on my old fashioned way. For me it was far more important that people got to enjoy roleplaying in general than the exact version or flavour they did it with. ^_^

I was part of the 3.0, 4 and 5 play tests.  The 3 and 4 the private play tests, the open test for 5.  I come by my feelings for 4th and 5th ed honestly.   I think 5th is the best version ever put out and that 4th was the worse.  YMMV of course.

YMMV indeed. I thought that 4E was the best up until then (that is until rather late in its lifecycle when the "Heroes Of..." books demanded that the architecture be broken so non-compliant new races and classes could be jammed in - which ticked off many 4E fans and didn't interest many 4E haters), and was so disgusted at the direction 5E development seemed to be going that I stopped watching partway through and have never yet looked at the end result.