• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Things you have no idea how to feel about

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

I think that the phrase would mean "used" in the sense of "previously owned", not in the sense of "this unit has already been employed in a Doomsday attempt". In other words, it would be like a gun that has not actually seen combat yet was reasonably-well maintained by its previous owner.

Ah, fair enough. Maybe Dr. Insano is holding a clearance sale.

Feelin' a little bittersweet. That happy-sad feeling where something a little upsetting happens but it still has a good outcome.

Like giving a kitten we rescued a month ago to a new family.

We really bonded with this kitten, ya know?

I wish we could've kept her, but we already have five cats, we just got a dog that's bigger and more energetic than we were expecting, and we're packing up to move soon. It's really not a good time to get another cat.

Still, we made sure she was fed, clean, sheltered, and played with. Her time here was a good one. And in the end, we made sure she's going to a good home.

How do you do this for a living, Prof? You just bond with them so easily, you don't wanna give 'em up!

Yeah, we had a kitten at work for at least a month.  A client found him inside her engine -- she said they had to take the battery out to get to him.  No harm done despite the ride, so we took him in, and he gradually went from people petting him, to holding him, to getting loose occasionally, to being let loose to have the run of the place just likethe cat who lives there.  Several staff members considered taking him, but it wasn't quite right for any if them, and eventually he was adopted and went to his new home.  Miss the little furball!

On 10/29/2018 at 5:19 AM, CritterKeeper said:

Yeah, we had a kitten at work for at least a month.  A client found him inside her engine -- she said they had to take the battery out to get to him.  No harm done despite the ride, so we took him in, and he gradually went from people petting him, to holding him, to getting loose occasionally, to being let loose to have the run of the place just likethe cat who lives there.  Several staff members considered taking him, but it wasn't quite right for any if them, and eventually he was adopted and went to his new home.  Miss the little furball!

I had a kitten get inside my engine compartment once. It went on a wild ride for almost a mile before I figured out that there was a strange noise coming from up front. Fortunately, it was in the part of my Ridgeline in front of the radiator—no moving parts (as I'd learn later).

Now, this happened at about 5:30 a.m. after I got off work at the traffic reporting company, so animal control wasn't open yet. I had no choice but to call the police. They sent a unit out, but two others responded as well after hearing the report over their radios. In all, six police officers showed up to help get the kitten out of the truck.

After I eliminated the possibility that the kitten was caught in the engine proper (before the police arrived), I started looking elsewhere. I'd narrowed it down to the radiator area by the time the police got there. They finally pinpointed the kitten on a shelf-like extension of my front bumper just before the radiator. No one could reach it, however.

Finally, one police officer popped the plastic aero skirt off of the bottom of my bumper and managed to reach the shelf. He had hell getting the kitten to let go: it was entrenched with all 20 claws, which it turned and used on the officer's hand. The kitten did relent at last, and the officer came up with a charcoal grey kitten with deep blue eyes in his scratched hand.

I had to let the kitten go with the police. Lost a good canvas zip bag in the process, too. We put the kitten in the zip bag and zipped it shut so they could take it back to the station. I hope that one of the dispatchers adopted it, because the only other option was to send it to animal control. I never did find out.

5 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I had a kitten get inside my engine compartment once. It went on a wild ride for almost a mile before I figured out that there was a strange noise coming from up front. Fortunately, it was in the part of my Ridgeline in front of the radiator—no moving parts (as I'd learn later).

Now, this happened at about 5:30 a.m. after I got off work at the traffic reporting company, so animal control wasn't open yet. I had no choice but to call the police. They sent a unit out, but two others responded as well after hearing the report over their radios. In all, six police officers showed up to help get the kitten out of the truck.

After I eliminated the possibility that the kitten was caught in the engine proper (before the police arrived), I started looking elsewhere. I'd narrowed it down to the radiator area by the time the police got there. They finally pinpointed the kitten on a shelf-like extension of my front bumper just before the radiator. No one could reach it, however.

Finally, one police officer popped the plastic aero skirt off of the bottom of my bumper and managed to reach the shelf. He had hell getting the kitten to let go: it was entrenched with all 20 claws, which it turned and used on the officer's hand. The kitten did relent at last, and the officer came up with a charcoal grey kitten with deep blue eyes in his scratched hand.

I had to let the kitten go with the police. Lost a good canvas zip bag in the process, too. We put the kitten in the zip bag and zipped it shut so they could take it back to the station. I hope that one of the dispatchers adopted it, because the only other option was to send it to animal control. I never did find out.

Gotta wonder about the radio chatter would be to result in 6 police officers arriving.

"I'm en route to investigate a kitten trapped in a vehicle's engine compartment, there's a possibility of cuteness, requesting backup."