• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
partner555

Story: Wednesday October 5, 2016

"At his house", not "with him". Logic :demonicduck:

So many things to do, so many friends to delegate to. And it might as well leave Elliot with naught.

1 hour ago, Stature said:

So many things to do, so many friends to delegate to. And it might as well leave Elliot with naught.

Elliot get's to talk with his girlfriend just about her cover story.  Would certainly say he is getting the easy job here. 

Yeah Ellen may not be too keen on getting to Susan of that awkward conversation and that they had been withholding information from her.  But to be perfectly fair, Ellen did try to tell Susan about it immediately when she first met Diane.

2 hours ago, Stature said:

It is, this means that Pandora didn't change what she said about Edward and Sarah still believes that bad things could happen to her if he found out she had such an easily exploitable spell. So she wants to talk to someone about it, and all of the Main 8 would be fine, she just happened to call Elliot first because she might be in a panic at the moment and dialed the first number on her phone, which was likely Elliot considering they dated, are are still best friends despite breaking up.

Looking at Grace in the last panel of this one and in the last panel of the page before, I'm wondering why Grace volunteered to call Sarah. It would seem that Grace wants Elliot to see Ashley instead, or at least first. But why? As far as we know, Grace hasn't even met Ashley at this point. I believe the only time Grace has even talked about Ashley was when she told Ellen she thought it was too soon for Elliot to start dating someone after breaking up with Sarah.

In the last panel of this page, we see part of Sarah's text message, which confirms, along with Grace's closed eyes as she talks, that Grace is lying to Tedd's dad. I don't think there's any way Tedd's dad isn't going to know this, though he may not call Grace on it. Or maybe he will, seeing that Tedd will be involved in whatever secret Grace is concealing.

If Grace's maneuver comes off, our group is going to split up into three elements: Nanase and a reluctant Ellen to Susan (maybe with Diane?); Elliot back to Ashley; and Grace and Tedd to Sarah. Justin seems to be still on the bench.

Anyone remember Magus? He could have been listening in all the time.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Looking at Grace in the last panel of this one and in the last panel of the page before, I'm wondering why Grace volunteered to call Sarah. It would seem that Grace wants Elliot to see Ashley instead, or at least first. But why? As far as we know, Grace hasn't even met Ashley at this point. I believe the only time Grace has even talked about Ashley was when she told Ellen she thought it was too soon for Elliot to start dating someone after breaking up with Sarah.

In the last panel of this page, we see part of Sarah's text message, which confirms, along with Grace's closed eyes as she talks, that Grace is lying to Tedd's dad. I don't think there's any way Tedd's dad isn't going to know this, though he may not call Grace on it. Or maybe he will, seeing that Tedd will be involved in whatever secret Grace is concealing.

If Grace's maneuver comes off, our group is going to split up into three elements: Nanase and a reluctant Ellen to Susan (maybe with Diane?); Elliot back to Ashley; and Grace and Tedd to Sarah. Justin seems to be still on the bench.

Grace might have just wanted to be helpful, she might have thought the urgency was to do with what happened to Elliot last night and Grace could have easily enough filled Sarah in on what's happened since. We only saw the last text Sarah sent but I'm guessing when Sarah got the initial text from Grace she figured that since Grace was the one that had the prophetic dreams about marks, her and Tedd would be even better to talk to about her mark.

Grace isn't technically lying, she might not know exactly what Sarah wants to talk about, Sarah's texts might have been intentionally vague in case Edward saw them. Sarah's mark does count as a personal matter and Grace and Tedd would very likely be advising Sarah about what she should do, they might say that Edward needs to know and convince her to tell him, we won't know until the time comes though.

This is just Sunday, the arc is likely to take several comic days, I'm sure we'll see Justin at some point, likely at school though but still, he's not really required for any of what's going on right now.

Magus might be around, but he might also still be laying low until he's sure Helena and Demetrius are sufficiently distracted.

Oh hey, just realized, Sarah knows Tedd can see magic spells in action, she's probably wants to show him her spell as well.

Mainly though I think she wants to talk more about fixing the energy clog.

Also it occurred to me that maybe she texted Elliot first because Pandora mentioned Elliot being in danger from another Immortal?

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

It is, this means that Pandora didn't change what she said about Edward and Sarah still believes that bad things could happen to her if he found out she had such an easily exploitable spell. So she wants to talk to someone about it, and all of the Main 8 would be fine, she just happened to call Elliot first because she might be in a panic at the moment and dialed the first number on her phone, which was likely Elliot considering they dated, are are still best friends despite breaking up.

... is it normal in English to talk about "calling" and "dialing" when it was obviously text message?

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

In that case, he knows he won't have chance to have Ellen zap Elliot now when they will be separated ...

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Oh hey, just realized, Sarah knows Tedd can see magic spells in action, she's probably wants to show him her spell as well.

Mainly though I think she wants to talk more about fixing the energy clog.

Definitely, but she will need to mention the spell just to explain WHY Pandora appeared to her.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Also it occurred to me that maybe she texted Elliot first because Pandora mentioned Elliot being in danger from another Immortal?

Pandora wants to handle THIS herself. She might not even mention it.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... is it normal in English to talk about "calling" and "dialing" when it was obviously text message?

It might be for people who were around back when contacting someone over phone was referring to as "dialing" and it carried over even if referring to texting because you still need to select a person in your contact list to text or call.

At least in North America it could be.

Or maybe just me.

I'm not a cell phone user.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe, but if she does care about any friends Tedd has, she might want to give him a heads up.

Or maybe she wants to try to set up a situation where she can catch Voltaire doing something. Though she missed out on a very good chance by visiting Sarah first.

8 hours ago, WR...S said:

...er, why would Tedd's father be suspicious of this again?

I think it's just Dan baiting the OTT shippers with a hint Edward suspects something. 

There's no reason for him to be suspicious of Sarah wanting to talk to Tedd or Grace, she's one of Tedd's oldest friends, has taken to spending hours at his house again lately, and Edward basically introduced her to Grace.  Though he might be worried about her personally - parents do tend to extend a bit of parental concern to their kids friends.

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:
34 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe, but if she does care about any friends Tedd has, she might want to give him a heads up.

Or maybe she wants to try to set up a situation where she can catch Voltaire doing something. Though she missed out on a very good chance by visiting Sarah first.

She might assume she will tear Voltaire to shreds before he has chance to do anything else to Elliot.

9 minutes ago, malloyd said:

I think it's just Dan baiting the OTT shippers with a hint Edward suspects something. 

There's no reason for him to be suspicious of Sarah wanting to talk to Tedd or Grace, she's one of Tedd's oldest friends, has taken to spending hours at his house again lately, and Edward basically introduced her to Grace.  Though he might be worried about her personally - parents do tend to extend a bit of parental concern to their kids friends.

... he might be worried Tedd made Sarah pregnant. The "Sarah is pregnant and is contacting potential fathers" scenario.

... I know that I would be worried that if teenagers spends hours together some sex may be happening. Which might easily be true :)

(The sex, not the pregnancy. Tedd spends so much time as a girl he likely wouldn't make Sarah pregnant even if he tried. And Sarah might also be on the "using transformations to reset menstruation cycle" instead of using contraceptive pills.)

24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
31 minutes ago, malloyd said:

... he might be worried Tedd made Sarah pregnant. The "Sarah is pregnant and is contacting potential fathers" scenario.

... I know that I would be worried that if teenagers spends hours together some sex may be happening. Which might easily be true :)

(The sex, not the pregnancy. Tedd spends so much time as a girl he likely wouldn't make Sarah pregnant even if he tried. And Sarah might also be on the "using transformations to reset menstruation cycle" instead of using contraceptive pills.)

Or, Edward is suspicious that what Sarah wants to talk about is related to everything that's happened so far. I mean, Elliot gets 3 texts within seconds of each other and Sarah's happens to be vague but urgent that she contacted Elliot first but has no problem talking to Grace and Tedd. Edward just can't help but wonder if there's more going on that might require him to broaden the coverup plan.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Or, Edward is suspicious that what Sarah wants to talk about is related to everything that's happened so far. I mean, Elliot gets 3 texts within seconds of each other and Sarah's happens to be vague but urgent that she contacted Elliot first but has no problem talking to Grace and Tedd. Edward just can't help but wonder if there's more going on that might require him to broaden the coverup plan.

Or these high school kids aren't as good at maintaining operational security as they think they are and Ed Verres is letting them think they're successfully keeping stuff from him.

34 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Or these high school kids aren't as good at maintaining operational security as they think they are and Ed Verres is letting them think they're successfully keeping stuff from him.

In a way I find this sad. Tedd's reason for keeping personal matters from his father is to avoid the pain of his father's inevitable transphobic backlash. Mr. Verres might not understand why Tedd is starting to distance himself but I am certain it is nonetheless both concerning and painful for him as well.

9 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

In a way I find this sad. Tedd's reason for keeping personal matters from his father is to avoid the pain of his father's inevitable transphobic backlash. Mr. Verres might not understand why Tedd is starting to distance himself but I am certain it is nonetheless both concerning and painful for him as well.

This is the sad place people find themselves in from time to time.  We all think differently.  Sometimes there's conflict and difficulty that come from that.  Ed Verres is not an innately prejudiced man and Tedd for all his issues is not consumed by his anger and alienation.  There's every reason to think they'll work it out over time.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:
1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Unless he have them all bugged (or followed by agent Cranium), he really couldn't find out what Tedd found two days ago and Sarah yesterday. Their chance to keep secrets from him longterm aren't good, but there simply wasn't enough time for them to make any mistake yet.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Or, Edward is suspicious that what Sarah wants to talk about is related to everything that's happened so far.

Remember, Sarah is the one without magic. He may even know that Jerry wasn't able to mark her with anything. So, what could've Sarah found?

Unless ... there is one option: she might have some information from Carol. Some information from media she might've told Sarah or which Sarah might overhear.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

This is the sad place people find themselves in from time to time.  We all think differently.  Sometimes there's conflict and difficulty that come from that.  Ed Verres is not an innately prejudiced man and Tedd for all his issues is not consumed by his anger and alienation.  There's every reason to think they'll work it out over time.

I hope you are right. I doubt it will be easy, however. And I suspect that Mr. Verres will require someone who isn't Tedd to talk sense into him.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Remember that Sarah has been exposed to Tedd and his mad science for a long time; she had a summer of working with Tedd, and, together with Ellen and Grace, created whole new transformations (see the canon NP arc MV5). In fact, I'm wondering why Sarah would call Elliot first in this situation, since Sarah knows Elliot isn't exactly the sharpest pencil in the box. Maybe she didn't. Maybe everyone else remembered to switch off their phones.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

I hope you are right. I doubt it will be easy, however. And I suspect that Mr. Verres will require someone who isn't Tedd to talk sense into him.

I expect it will make for some good comics, certainly.  :)

Having a third party intercede for Tedd could make things happen faster, but I don't expect it's required.  Someone Ed Verres respects has to convince him to accept that what we know about Tedd is true.  There's no reason this person cannot be Tedd himself.  Technically there's no reason this person can't be Ed Verres.

5 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Remember that Sarah has been exposed to Tedd and his mad science for a long time; she had a summer of working with Tedd, and, together with Ellen and Grace, created whole new transformations (see the canon NP arc MV5). In fact, I'm wondering why Sarah would call Elliot first in this situation, since Sarah knows Elliot isn't exactly the sharpest pencil in the box. Maybe she didn't. Maybe everyone else remembered to switch off their phones.

Like I said before, either Sarah was probably all "I need to tell someone" and Elliot was first in her contact list, or Pandora mentioned Elliot in her most recent meeting with Sarah. Either way Grace probably texted back saying Elliot had to deal with something and asked if she could help and Sarah said yes.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

I still think Adrian Raven would end up being a viable option.

Whoever it is, they need to get two ideas through to the Verres family.

Edward needs to realize that even though he may not understand or agree with Tedd's point of view, it is real and significant to Tedd.  Simply dismissing or ignoring those concerns is hurtful to Tedd.  Even more so because insult or offense was not intended.

And Tedd needs to understand that like a lot of parents, Edward may not yet fully accept that Tedd is an adult with beliefs and desires that are not necessarily what the parent would intend.  But the real or perceived disappointment or disapproval comes from a legitimate and well intentioned place of love and concern.

I had hoped this reconciliation might have taken place before Noriko returned to Moperville.  But the current crisis may change priorities.