• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
JustBecauseICantDraw

10 minutes after midnight

So we think Susan and Diane have different mothers but the same father.  Susan was born 10 minutes after new years midnight and Diane was born 10 minutes before new year midnight.

Conclusion 1) If we subtract 9 months from that date we see that at least one of them is the result of an elaborate April Fools prank that went a bit far

Conclusion 2) Susan's dad has a thing for girls who keep track of "chronological trivia"

Conclusion 3) Dude's got stamina ...

It's been discussed before that it's very possible that Mr Pompoms got Ms Pompoms and Diane's biological mother pregnant days, maybe even a week or so apart, and they just happened to give birth within 20 minutes of each other.

Yes. Pregnancies are almost never precisely nine months long--even discounting conditions that might specifically cause an early or late delivery, there is room for about a week's variation in both directions.

10 hours ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

Conclusion 2) Susan's dad has a thing for girls who keep track of "chronological trivia"

Being born ten minutes before or after midnight, particularly midnight on New Years, is noteworthy enough that someone who otherwise wouldn't otherwise keep track of such things might remember it.

(and, of course, we don't know for sure yet that they're half-sisters.)

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

For Susan and Diane to be twins at this point, the birth records would have to have been falsified.

I find it at least conceivable that they are half sisters. It does not strike me as unrealistic that Susan's father already cheated on his wife around the time Susan was conceived, and it would also provide a possible explanation for why Diane was adopted -- her mother handed her over to adoption services because she didn't want to or couldn't take care of a baby alone.

Suppose either Susan or Diane were created, Ellen-style.  Not by the Dewitchery Diamond, just created out of magic.

Susan and Diane both have the ability to make stuff out of magic.  And that ability is hereditary.  Which means of whatever parent(s) the two have in common, one of them should have the ability or at least the potential for it.  Maybe it's actually Susan's mom with the ability and in the moment of childbirth created a twin out of magic.

The biggest hole is the idea is how Ed Verres wouldn't know about it or learn about it doing research.  This sort of thing is right up his ally.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

Suppose either Susan or Diane were created, Ellen-style.  Not by the Dewitchery Diamond, just created out of magic.

Susan and Diane both have the ability to make stuff out of magic.  And that ability is hereditary.  Which means of whatever parent(s) the two have in common, one of them should have the ability or at least the potential for it.  Maybe it's actually Susan's mom with the ability and in the moment of childbirth created a twin out of magic.

The biggest hole is the idea is how Ed Verres wouldn't know about it or learn about it doing research.  This sort of thing is right up his ally.

I like this.  Edward could not find the adoption papers,so he doesn't know who Diane's mother is.  DGB obviously doesn't know about every magic user out there.  Could be under their radar, so to speak.