• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
liontari

Story: Friday October 7 2016

I mean, Sarah is useful, clever, shows proper respect for Pandora while still being able to snark and backtalk, understands her without repetition or explaining, and happens to be heavily involved with of some of the mortals that Pandora's most interested in.  Of course she gets along well with her.

I was hoping that Pandora was going to be up front with Sarah about it, a nice surprise to see Sarah understanding and that Pandora's loving that fact.

23 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

And Sarah's next question will be: "Won't that take away the spell you just gave me?"

Maybe Pandora's plan has Sarah using the spell or somehow exercising her magic muscle enough. That might be why Pandora went back to Sarah, because she wants to see what kind of fun Sarah has with that spell.

Well that and more likely the fact that Sarah has already shown that she can handle interacting with Pandora.

1 hour ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

Dear god, Sarah's expression in panel four. and Pandora's expression in panel four. Just, panel four!

Don`t forget the round dangles turning into spikes

Is it just me, or does Pandora seem a little older here than she was in Question Mark?  Not quite as old as the teenager form The Emissary spoke with, but definitely older than the tantrum-thrower in the same conversation.  So she's behaving in a bit more mature manner, and it shows, even though she's trying to be in the same form as Sarah saw her before.

33 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Is it just me, or does Pandora seem a little older here than she was in Question Mark?  Not quite as old as the teenager form The Emissary spoke with, but definitely older than the tantrum-thrower in the same conversation.  So she's behaving in a bit more mature manner, and it shows, even though she's trying to be in the same form as Sarah saw her before.

I think it's just her outfit being different. When she first visited Sarah, she had a Princess Peach theme going, this time around it's a Princess Anna theme. Next time we see child Pandora, I wonder if she'll be Princess Zelda.

4 hours ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

Dear god, Sarah's expression in panel four. and Pandora's expression in panel four. Just, panel four!

My waifu is a bit crazy sometimes, but she gets over it fairly quickly.

43 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Nope not just you.  She looks more like an older tween than we have seen in her child form before.  Other than panel four, where we are reminded that she is a Demigoddess of Chaos.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

And Sarah's next question will be: "Won't that take away the spell you just gave me?"

Maybe Pandora's plan has Sarah using the spell or somehow exercising her magic muscle enough. That might be why Pandora went back to Sarah, because she wants to see what kind of fun Sarah has with that spell.

Maybe. Although note that it will not TAKE AWAY the spell. She would just became unable to cast it ... without help from Tedd.

6 hours ago, wanderingmagus said:

I mean, Sarah is useful, clever, shows proper respect for Pandora while still being able to snark and backtalk, understands her without repetition or explaining, and happens to be heavily involved with of some of the mortals that Pandora's most interested in.  Of course she gets along well with her.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well that and more likely the fact that Sarah has already shown that she can handle interacting with Pandora.

Not only "handle". They go along very well.

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

I think it's just her outfit being different. When she first visited Sarah, she had a Princess Peach theme going, this time around it's a Princess Anna theme. Next time we see child Pandora, I wonder if she'll be Princess Zelda.

I'm not sure she can be same if she tried :)

Even the first visit form was older than the tantrum-thrower. I don't think the difference in age is considerable. Although, yes, she behaves considerably more mature.

24 minutes ago, mlooney said:

she is a Demigoddess of Chaos

She's not - I mean, it's a self-appointed title.

28 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Nope not just you.  She looks more like an older tween than we have seen in her child form before.  Other than panel four, where we are reminded that she is a Demigoddess of Chaos.

I'm just looking between today's page and the storyfied NP page, I'm not seeing anything that would suggest she's using a older looking form.

14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe. Although note that it will not TAKE AWAY the spell. She would just became unable to cast it ... without help from Tedd.

I'm not entirely sure how Tedd would be able to help, if the ambient energy level drops to the way it was prior to 14 years ago. Tedd's watches would stop working as well, he'd have to figure out a way to make larger spell catalysts to compensate and they may be too bulky to be of help to Sarah, think of the pinup where Tedd and Sarah get shrunk and their watches become too large for them to use to grow back.

2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Pandora appears to be breaking the fourth wall in panel four.

And my eardrums, yeesh.

Magic has a mind of its own, magic does not want a lot of publicity... Surely enough it is very antagonistic.

1 minute ago, partner555 said:

To be fair in the Emissary, that was his first time dealing with Pandora.

Sarah's first time with Pandora still went better. ;)

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not entirely sure how Tedd would be able to help, if the ambient energy level drops to the way it was prior to 14 years ago. Tedd's watches would stop working as well, he'd have to figure out a way to make larger spell catalysts to compensate and they may be too bulky to be of help to Sarah, think of the pinup where Tedd and Sarah get shrunk and their watches become too large for them to use to grow back.

Tedd didn't only build watches ... spell catalyst big enough for Sarah spell can still be wearable.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Given her assumed power level, I think Demigoddess is the lowest on the god like beings scale she is.

27 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Given her assumed power level, I think Demigoddess is the lowest on the god like beings scale she is.

That may be ; but her powers are not Chaos-based, not is she from Chaos or anything else. She just THINKS it would suit her.

Also, no matter the power, she will not be god unless she starts collecting worshippers and actually get some sort of power from them and/or their rituals. Or create universe or two - if you do that, you are allowed to ignore worshippers. I'm not aware of any requirements on the demigoddess title, so I will not dispute that.

7 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Don`t forget the round dangles turning into spikes

Impressive eyesight, and cookie to the author for putting in a detail that maybe a handful of people saw without it being pointed out. no wonder the pages keep getting delayed, he's filling in tiny and delightful details.

edit: also, mittens. also, why does the text become invisible when I edit the post?

From the way Tedd describes how the gauntlet works, it takes a while for it to build up energy, remember, Sarah's spell took 2 big chunks out of the ambient energy around her house, it would probably be faster if she just went somewhere with higher ambient energy levels.

Maybe she'll get a chance to go to France after all. ;)

My pet theory is that Pandora needs Sarah and her friends to all use as much magic as they can to chomp out the excess magic in Moperville. When the magic falls to 0, then removing the plug won't be a de-power.

Next-favorite, the plug itself can be used as a finite magic power source.