• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Friday March 11, 2016

I'm not sure how it's translated, but I just looked at the filename for today's story page and it's 1457678622 and I'm guessing that a higher number would mean a more recent upload so the edited "there be whales here" page would have been uploaded after today's comic page.

I wonder if the format of the website changed recently and it got cut off accidently...

That doesn't make much sense, but neither does him changing it intentionally

If it got cut off, the copyright date "2013, Dan Shive - egscomics.com" would have been cut off as well, being at the bottom of the page.

Edit: Got a response from Dan.

Oh carp. It’s because I’m a dummy and tried to remove an outdated update schedule message and didn’t upload the double-sized version. Fixing ASAP, thanks for telling me.

So I guess he was trying to remove the bit at the top of the page about the "Story comics Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday"

As to why he has a regular and double sized version of the page, my guess would be if he ever makes a book he has the page already formatted  for it?

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Edit: Got a response from Dan.

So I guess he was trying to remove the bit at the top of the page about the "Story comics Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday"

As to why he has a regular and double sized version of the page, my guess would be if he ever makes a book he has the page already formatted  for it?

Is the response public?

5 hours ago, HarJIT said:

The number is in seconds since New Year 1970, for those who were asking.

Not counting leap seconds. It's also called "epoch time" or "unix time", because the first computers which actually needed to keep track of time were running Unix. Now it's used almost universally, because storing time fractured to months, days, hours, minutes etc suck and no serious program is using it outside speaking with humans. You can quickly convert it online on http://www.epochconverter.com/ for example.

50 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
6 hours ago, HarJIT said:

The number is in seconds since New Year 1970, for those who were asking.

Is the response public?

Not counting leap seconds. It's also called "epoch time" or "unix time", because the first computers which actually needed to keep track of time were running Unix. Now it's used almost universally, because storing time fractured to months, days, hours, minutes etc suck and no serious program is using it outside speaking with humans. You can quickly convert it online on http://www.epochconverter.com/ for example.

[music] The more you know...

<_< :demonicduck:

I like how the filename has "egsforreals" in it now. :)

Dan actually fixed it pretty quick as I had thought he was still out cruising around town when I sent him the question on tumblr.

1 hour ago, weirdee said:

I'm more worried that the energy he's storing isn't what he thinks it is.

Hey, who else should know it? Tedd is the one with most knowledge about magic in area, with his ability to see and analyze it ...