• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Monday October 10, 2016

I'm guessing Raven will be the wizard designated to take the barrier down? We don't know for certain about any others, I think (although Noriko is implied to be one), and it's the logical choice when Pandora is plotting. Unless the barrier has a slight explosive risk even with a lower reservoir level.

17 minutes ago, liontari said:

I'm guessing Raven will be the wizard designated to take the barrier down? We don't know for certain about any others, I think (although Noriko is implied to be one), and it's the logical choice when Pandora is plotting. Unless the barrier has a slight explosive risk even with a lower reservoir level.

I'm sure Raven will be glad of the opportunity to take action.

Well, I was *close* and the "need to use Sarah's power" premise was right.

But it can't be that easy. This is not that sort of comic. Vampire attack, maybe? Sirleck's minions? SOMETHING is gonna complicate this.

1 hour ago, Aura Guardian said:

But it can't be that easy. This is not that sort of comic. Vampire attack, maybe? Sirleck's minions? SOMETHING is gonna complicate this.

27 minutes ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

Booo ya! Called it!

You both get cookies in the fact that Sarah would be asked to use her spell to lower the energy levels around the clog. Though Sarah would be more like, and I think Pandora would like this metaphor, a person trying to drink all the water in a reservoir so that when the dam break, the village below doesn't get washed away. Now I don't think the spell uses up magic past the initial casting or if it does, it might not use much, so Sarah would likely have to use the spell in rapid succession to clear enough out of the way.

I feel like this event is going to coincide with hell raining down on Moperville and be much more dangerous than Pandora thinks.

I wonder who Pandora has lined up for removing the clog, hmm, Tedd can easily disenchant himself without effort, could he disenchant other people and objects by touching them? Would Pandora risk using her great godson for that? She has no issue using Sarah, but then Sarah is the only person she knows that can use up that much energy that quickly and if Tedd's the only one sufficiently able to disenchant something...That might be why Sarah said Tedd needed to hear what she's going to say in that text to Grace.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I don't think she gives a dam.

Well, obviously at some point in the recent past, Pandora gave at least one dam....

What I'm wondering is, why did Sarah initially call Elliot instead of Tedd or Grace?  Tedd especially seems like the one to call about big important magic events and questions, and she's spent a lot of time with both of them in highly sensitive situations, up to and including Friday night!  Was it fear of them being overheard by Tedd's dad?  Or does Elliot also have some role to play in this?

38 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Well, obviously at some point in the recent past, Pandora gave at least one dam....

What I'm wondering is, why did Sarah initially call Elliot instead of Tedd or Grace?  Tedd especially seems like the one to call about big important magic events and questions, and she's spent a lot of time with both of them in highly sensitive situations, up to and including Friday night!  Was it fear of them being overheard by Tedd's dad?  Or does Elliot also have some role to play in this?

Maybe Pandora's plan would involved all of the Main Eight and Sarah was going to have to call them all anyway, she just texted Elliot first, then found out he was at Tedd's when Grace texted back instead of Elliot and was like "Well that makes this easier."

11 minutes ago, showler said:

If there is even a hint of danger left in removing the dam, I doubt Pandora will allow Raven to take it down.

Hmmm...maybe he is the one that will do it, it would leave him open to attack from the vampires, Sirleck would then find out his information about Adrian's parents is wrong.

Would Dan put the climax of the energy clog, hell raining down, Susan and Diane, etc plots all in the same point?

1 hour ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

Sarah would text elliot first to avoid giving Tedd's dad any more clues than she has to.

She might also, however, want to run all over moperville really fast by being carried around by a super hero.

The second one might be plausible.

11 hours ago, liontari said:

Raven said that Wolf is one of the most powerful wizards in the midwest. Arthur has dressed in a stereotypical medieval-wizard costume in public. It's likely that Cranium and Mr. Verres are also wizards, and there may be more (locally) in DGB.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:
12 hours ago, liontari said:

Raven said that Wolf is one of the most powerful wizards in the midwest. Arthur has dressed in a stereotypical medieval-wizard costume in public. It's likely that Cranium and Mr. Verres are also wizards, and there may be more (locally) in DGB.

Wizards are supposed to be rare. I don't think Cranium is wizard. Mr. Verres, maybe. Obviously it's not important as Sarah is not supposed to tell DGB.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
4 hours ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

Sarah would text elliot first to avoid giving Tedd's dad any more clues than she has to.

She might also, however, want to run all over moperville really fast by being carried around by a super hero.

The second one might be plausible.

Alternatively, she only needs to get near the dam. I don't think her spell is THAT much demanding she could actually remove magic from whole Moperville - more likely, she's supposed to clear smaller area.

As an alternative to "carried by super hero", Elliot has car, Sarah doesn't; she may be the most logical person to call if she needs car.

5 hours ago, showler said:

If there is even a hint of danger left in removing the dam, I doubt Pandora will allow Raven to take it down.

Therefore, Sarah. If she would have some wizard she don't care about, she could just use him and let him die.

Wait.

What about Magus? Can he do it from the plane he's on?

33 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Wait.

What about Magus? Can he do it from the plane he's on?

I dunno. Possibly if it is one of the new Airbus 340 models. Probably not if it is a Boeing or an older generation Airbus. If it is a McDonnell Douglas, it's a bit of a tossup. But I'd say yes if it is an MD-11.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Alternatively, she only needs to get near the dam. I don't think her spell is THAT much demanding she could actually remove magic from whole Moperville - more likely, she's supposed to clear smaller area.

Sarah lives near the dam.  All she needs to do is run around the lake taking bites out of it.  I don't think proximity to the dam is as important as energy dissipation.  Anywhere in Moperville where Sarah could cast her spell is a good place for her to cast it.

Considering what Sarah is doing, she'll be a prime candidate for an Awakening once she's done her part to make for a safe dam-busting.

14 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

Sarah uses up the free energy. The vampires attack while the local mages and wizards have to rely on their own stored energy to counterattack.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Sarah lives near the dam.  All she needs to do is run around the lake taking bites out of it.  I don't think proximity to the dam is as important as energy dissipation.  Anywhere in Moperville where Sarah could cast her spell is a good place for her to cast it.

The magic energy is NOT flowing as fast as water. Closer to dam IS better.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

Considering what Sarah is doing, she'll be a prime candidate for an Awakening once she's done her part to make for a safe dam-busting.

The energy used from environment does not count for training. She only trains when she uses her own energy, and she can't use much of own energy because she doesn't HAVE much.

(Note for The Old Hack: I know I used the word trains but there is no railroad involved.)

28 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:
14 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

Sarah uses up the free energy. The vampires attack while the local mages and wizards have to rely on their own stored energy to counterattack.

On the other hand, vampires themselves would also be limited ... but, yes, it might not be best time for it.

27 minutes ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

It would be an interesting twist that in order to properly defeat the Vampires or otherwise carry the day, Ellen must intentionally zap Elliot to re-incarnate Magus.  Pandora, despite her earlier temper tantrum could negotiate that deal.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

The energy used from environment does not count for training. She only trains when she uses her own energy, and she can't use much of own energy because she doesn't HAVE much.

Closer to the Dam is better but not necessary if one's goal is merely lowering the water level.  Sarah only needs to be at the dam to drain the lake completely dry, assuming she can even do that.

Sarah will be casting her spell a lot and each cast will be using some of her energy.  She will be training to be a mage as she lowers the ambient magic level of Moperville.  I expect Pandora would, as a thank-you gift, take her the rest of the way.

19 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Closer to the Dam is better but not necessary if one's goal is merely lowering the water level.  Sarah only needs to be at the dam to drain the lake completely dry, assuming she can even do that.

Imagine magic more like mud or honey. You CAN make hole in those temporary. And if you make such hole near the dam, you can free it without consuming all of the gigantic amount of energy in Moperville.

Sarah will be casting her spell a lot and each cast will be using some of her energy.

Technically, yes. But remember that casting in rapid succession won't accomplish much. Casting it only three or four times per day might help her MORE than casting it all the time.

I expect Pandora would, as a thank-you gift, take her the rest of the way.

She will probably do what she can, but not even Pandora is able to awaken someone who is too far from awakening.

... on the other hand, I can see Dan employing lot of handwaving to allow that option, if THAT is what he plans. I just think that making her rely on some Tedd-build device for some time would make more sense AND possibly be even better as a plot.

Or ... do they still have Dex medallion? (Rhetorical question: Adrian Raven have it.)

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Imagine magic more like mud or honey. You CAN make hole in those temporary. And if you make such hole near the dam, you can free it without consuming all of the gigantic amount of energy in Moperville.

Would that negate the explosive nature of bursting the dam or just delay it?

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Technically, yes. But remember that casting in rapid succession won't accomplish much. Casting it only three or four times per day might help her MORE than casting it all the time.

But Sarah will build up her own supply of energy which will enable more useful casts as time progresses.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

She will probably do what she can, but not even Pandora is able to awaken someone who is too far from awakening.

Agreed.  The key is defining what "too far away" is for an Immortal that is very far past needing a reset.

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... on the other hand, I can see Dan employing lot of handwaving to allow that option, if THAT is what he plans. I just think that making her rely on some Tedd-build device for some time would make more sense AND possibly be even better as a plot.

Sarah has already been doing this.  Switching rulesets might be a pain for Magic to do.  If Sarah's role in saving it a lot of time and trouble is pivotal enough, Magic itself might just power Sarah up.  But that's merely speculation.

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Or ... do they still have Dex medallion?

I'm not sure giving Voltaire a free shot at manipulating Sarah is all that good an idea.  I THINK Adrian Raven has it, but I don't remember what happened to it.