• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday October 12, 2016

Complicating analysis of said final image, all of Susan's fairydolls (except Little Nase) were made in variations of Susan's image (by Tedd zapping Nanase into the desired form, and then Nanase making a new doll). And if Susan were to make a new fairydoll completely on her own, it would quite plausibly also be a variation of Susan's image. So, not really obviously different from the others.

51 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Dex is anime fan and teenager.

Huh.

I had never, once, even considered the possibility that Dex wasn't an adult.

I think he's at least in his 20's, he hasn't been seen at either school and the beard doesn't seem like something a teen would have either, unless he started growing it in junior high and never shaved.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

(It would help if we knew what was in her book when she got it. On a related note, I would really like to see if ELLEN got something about guardian forms in her book.)

When Susan got her spell book there were two spells, her "summon what I have in a box" spell and the hammer spell.

I wouldn't have expected Susan to get a new fairy spell right away, she did have several months of summoning Nase through the "summon what I have in a box" spell to eventually have magic go "you know what? here's a new spell so you can summon those fairies without needing the box".

12 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Complicating analysis of said final image, all of Susan's fairydolls (except Little Nase) were made in variations of Susan's image (by Tedd zapping Nanase into the desired form, and then Nanase making a new doll). And if Susan were to make a new fairydoll completely on her own, it would quite plausibly also be a variation of Susan's image. So, not really obviously different from the others.

Only 1 of the fairies is in Susan's image, the others is in Nanase's updated look and Grace, there is also a Tedd doll that Susan apparently wasn't comfortable summoning.

All through this discussion there's been a lot of talk about what abilities Dex gained from the mark and how he was able to summon both the fire guys and the dragon... thing... Has there been any thought given to the fire shield he had? While the fire dudes weren't really burning, and it's been said that the dragon breath might have been similar to the fire dudes and perform more like a punch than a fire ball, the shield did actually radiate enough heat that Greg wasn't able to touch him. So if Dex mark was strictly a "Summon Fairy" or even a "Summon Whatever" spell then where did that shield come from? And I just thought of something that might disprove the dragon breath not burning theory. At the end the dragon was recalled to the dojo and sent it's breath in through the hole in the ceiling. According to what we heard Dex talking about how that would kill everyone inside, including him. Doesn't sound like a simple punch. It's still very possible that this was another lie told by the lying lier that lies...  

15 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Susan's mark is the symbol for 'female' but she doesn't summon women with it.  Sarah wasn't good at trivia questions and she doesn't summon the Riddler (nor the Doctor, who also wears question marks ;-).  Pandora sometimes makes the mark's shape fit the spell it gives, but she also sometimes uses that shape to troll people.

[sigh] 

We all know a Mark can take any shape.  Comparing the shape of Dex' mark to Susan's Mark misses my point.  My point is that we also know Pandora made her marks descriptive.  Susan was not marked by Pandora so the shape of her mark is meaningless when discussing the shape of Dex'.  In the case of Dex, Tedd, Justin, Rhoda and the others marked by Pandora, form does follow function, so if Dex has a mark that says "I summon fairydolls" (and he does), we can reasonably expect it to mean that summoning fairydolls is what it was indented to do.

Pandora still makes a mark's shape descriptive even if she is also trolling with it.  Sarah's mark   Sarah's Mark is very good at answering questions.

Allow me to anticipate the objection that Voltaire may have marked Dex.  The medallion we now know Voltaire gave Dex has a pithos on it...what the mythical Pandora opened before we changed it to a box.  We can reasonably assume that Voltaire was trying to pin Dex's actions on Pandora, which means if Voltaire gave Dex his Mark it would still be descriptive because Voltaire would be mimicking Pandora's marking style.

4 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

All through this discussion there's been a lot of talk about what abilities Dex gained from the mark and how he was able to summon both the fire guys and the dragon... thing... Has there been any thought given to the fire shield he had? While the fire dudes weren't really burning, and it's been said that the dragon breath might have been similar to the fire dudes and perform more like a punch than a fire ball, the shield did actually radiate enough heat that Greg wasn't able to touch him. So if Dex mark was strictly a "Summon Fairy" or even a "Summon Whatever" spell then where did that shield come from? And I just thought of something that might disprove the dragon breath not burning theory. At the end the dragon was recalled to the dojo and sent it's breath in through the hole in the ceiling. According to what we heard Dex talking about how that would kill everyone inside, including him. Doesn't sound like a simple punch. It's still very possible that this was another lie told by the lying lier that lies...  

The barrier was either a summonable thing and that would make 4 things that Dex could summon should he awaken and get enough power. Or it was cast by someone else, considering Voltaire was guiding and empowering Dex, possibly over his shoulder initially then went with the dragon to show him where to shoot the fireball, then came back to have Dex fire on the dojo, the barrier could have been put on Dex to help delay Greg and Grace.

As for the fireball itself, the fire golem's fireballs had punch that might have been the equivalent to getting a 5-10lb sack of potatoes thrown at you, you could block it easily but you wouldn't be able to block several in a row without feeling it later, and it would probably hurt some if you get caught off guard by one. The dragon's fireball still didn't burn but it had enough concussive force to knock Cheerleadra out of the sky and unconscious for a bit, hitting the ground probably didn't help either but I would imagine the force of the fireball would be significantly stronger, it didn't kill Cheerleadra, but it likely would have killed Dex, seriously injured Noah and Grace if not killed them, Greg....I'm not sure, he is able to create a shield, that might have protected him if he saw the fireball coming.

Edit: Actually, that barrier could have been an enchant provided by the pendant, an Immortal made spell catalyst could potentially be smaller and still provide enough power for spells (mainly because the material would likely be special) compared to human made catalysts. So it could probably have multiple functions like a flame barrier and a way to get more energy into the caster.

19 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

No, it isn't, because Dex doesn't have any "model" for the fairy.

I think that's the key difference.  Nanase creates a fairydoll that looks like her.  Susan creates one that looks like a doll in her trunk.  Dex creates a doll that seems to have come purely from his own imagination.  His summons will likely be the most flexible of the three.

Technically, it could be exact copy of some anime character. But yes, I would assume he would be more flexible too.

Of course, separate fireguy spell might have other advantages, like being actually [on] fire. 

Mr. Verres and Grace said that you can't create a creature that's actually made of fire, because it would burn itself up.

It can be a: short-term, b: only live as long as is burning something, c: using lot of magic, d: powered by "cold" fusion or e: by whatever the ball lighting is powered by.

Also, Raven was quite sceptical to the idea of something being impossible with magic - except time travel.

Susan is probably already able to "animate" anything vaguely resembling doll if she puts it in the chest and summon.

Ooh, I like this idea!  Can we put one of Grace's birthday stuffed animals in the trunk and find out?  Or maybe try a GI Joe and see if the little guns can shoot?

No, WE can't. Susan, on the other hand ... I really hope she tries something like that. Does she have some transformer toy?

Spell resembling Fox - not HIS clone but some female - could easily result from both, so, yes, totally. 

He has been told not to do anything too creepy with his magic.

Even if he would make a vow, he's not immortal so he wouldn't have any problems breaking it. Also, creepy is relative.

Now I'm torn.  On the one hand, I don't actually feel like there's anything wrong with using magic to, ah, make yourself happy.  Nanase and Fox can do whatever they like, and I hope we get a sketchbook out of it.  On the other hand, I find the idea of a man creating a semi-sentient female just so he can have sex with her, a pretty big squick

It's not semi-sentient female. It's directed by his subconscious (just like Fox, BTW). It would be masturbation. The squick comes from the fact that it SEEMS semi-sentient - Nanase was crept out by Fox too, but I would say she got used to it (We know Nanase is not that good resisting temptation.)

Also, another point (for both Fox and Dex's fairy): it's directed by his subconscious. Restrains are on conscious level. He might not summon the female just so he can have sex with her. He might summon her for completely different reason and then be almost raped by her.

Note: The variant in But I'm a cat person is more squick: there, the "beings" really have some sort of semi-sentience. They also have programming which includes doing their best at making their masters happy and feeling bad if they fail at it. If you end up as their master, NOT having sex with them is really challenge ...

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

Dex is anime fan and teenager.

Huh.

I had never, once, even considered the possibility that Dex wasn't an adult.

I think he's at least in his 20's, he hasn't been seen at either school and the beard doesn't seem like something a teen would have either, unless he started growing it in junior high and never shaved.

Well ... I was going for late teenager - there is intersection between teenager and adult, isn't it? And nerds tend to have longer puberty anyway. He can be teenager aged 25 :)

He just doesn't look like someone having job to me. Likely studies university or something.

(Also, that "never shaved" option is totally possible.)

18 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

(It would help if we knew what was in her book when she got it. On a related note, I would really like to see if ELLEN got something about guardian forms in her book.)

When Susan got her spell book there were two spells, her "summon what I have in a box" spell and the hammer spell.

It might be just note in the "summon what I have in a box" spell description.

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

so if Dex has a mark that says "I summon fairydolls" (and he does), we can reasonably expect it to mean that summoning fairydolls is what it was indented to do.

It still doesn't mean it's everything the spell can do. How would you make mark meaning "I summon anything"?

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

The barrier was either a summonable thing and that would make 4 things that Dex could summon should he awaken and get enough power. Or it was cast by someone else, considering Voltaire was guiding and empowering Dex, possibly over his shoulder initially then went with the dragon to show him where to shoot the fireball, then came back to have Dex fire on the dojo, the barrier could have been put on Dex to help delay Greg and Grace.

It might also be some sideefect of the pendant. But it being Voltaire's spell makes sense: putting fire shield on someone can be called empowering.

EDIT: I see you already got that idea in your edit.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

It might also be some sideefect of the medallion. But it being Voltaire's spell makes sense: putting fire shield on someone can be called empowering.

I had just edited my previous post with speculation about it being the pendant just as you had posted that too. ;)

1 minute ago, Scotty said:
4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It might also be some sideefect of the medallion. But it being Voltaire's spell makes sense: putting fire shield on someone can be called empowering.

I had just edited my previous post with speculation about it being the pendant just as you had posted that too. ;)

I noticed :) (And fixed medallion to pendant).

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It still doesn't mean it's everything the spell can do. How would you make mark meaning "I summon anything"?

I have never seen an open-ended "anything I want" spell in EGS.  There's always a limit or caveat.  Susan can summon anything she wants...as long as it can be fit into a medium-sized box or chest. 

The closest to an "anything I want" spell is Elliot's original "be a girl" spell.  But even there it's not a open-ended shapeshift spell.  It's being able to turn into any girl he can imagine sufficiently well.  Elliot can't do males, Uryuoms or griffins (for example) without using energy to warp the spell.  The same way Voltaire through Dex warped Dex' fairdoll spell to summon fireguys and dragons.

11 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Elliot can't do males, Uryuoms or griffins (for example) without using energy to warp the spell.

What makes you think he can't do griffins? Both griffins we saw were girls, so he even have an example ...

11 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I have never seen an open-ended "anything I want" spell in EGS.  There's always a limit or caveat.

There probably is some in Dex's spell as well. But there is no way to know how much limiting it is without Tedd looking at it or Dex awakening and looking into his spellbook. Doesn't change the fact that thinking about shape for some complicated limitation is harder than just using fairy because fairy is the MOST LIKELY thing he will summon, even if not only one.

What makes you think he can't do griffins? Both griffins we saw were girls, so he even have an example ...

Elliot's spell is derived from having been FV5ed.  Again, no spell without limits.  Elliot's spell does female human, probably favoring FV5 body measurements, though Elliot apparently has the ability to tweak those.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

There probably is some in Dex's spell as well. But there is no way to know how much limiting it is without Tedd looking at it or Dex awakening and looking into his spellbook. Doesn't change the fact that thinking about shape for some complicated limitation is harder than just using fairy because fairy is the MOST LIKELY thing he will summon, even if not only one.

I choose to take an occam's razor approach to gray areas of canon like this.  All Dex' Mark needs to be is capable of being pushed, pulled and warped into summoning fireguys and dragons, therefore that is likely all there is to it.  We can imagine extra extensions and abilities encoded into Dex' Mark and I can't prove the negative.  Only Dan can do that.  But I don't have to buy them either.  The key is in what needs to go into Dex' mark, which is obviously intended to make fairydolls, and get fireguys and dragons out the other end.  I don't think he needs a "summon anything" mark to do that.

I choose to believe EGS magic is a pliable thing.  Spells have hard and fast default definitions but those definitions can be temporarily altered with the application of enough power.  From this perspective, all Dex needs is a simple "summon fairydoll" spell.  The Immortal who is guiding and empowering him is doing the rest to summon fireguys and dragons.

The occam's razor result changes if spells are not changeable.  At that point, Dex' mark needs a a lot more moving parts to do what we've seen it done.

14 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Vorlonagent didn't say he couldn't, only that he couldn't do it without using energy to warp the spell.

I chose to take hkmaly's question as implicitly reading "What makes you think he can't do griffins? (as a default function of his "be a girl" spell)"

57 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Elliot's spell is derived from having been FV5ed.  Again, no spell without limits.  Elliot's spell does female human, probably favoring FV5 body measurements, though Elliot apparently has the ability to tweak those.

The fact FV5 beam didn't really worked on Goo doesn't mean it's specific to humans. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if griffins would be outside the spell capabilities, but we don't know that for sure (while we know for sure it can't do males).

55 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I chose to take hkmaly's question as implicitly reading "What makes you think he can't do griffins? (as a default function of his "be a girl" spell)"

That's how I meant it, yes.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I choose to take an occam's razor approach to gray areas of canon like this.  All Dex' Mark needs to be is capable of being pushed, pulled and warped into summoning fireguys and dragons, therefore that is likely all there is to it.  We can imagine extra extensions and abilities encoded into Dex' Mark and I can't prove the negative.  Only Dan can do that.  But I don't have to buy them either.  The key is in what needs to go into Dex' mark, which is obviously intended to make fairydolls, and get fireguys and dragons out the other end.  I don't think he needs a "summon anything" mark to do that.

I choose to believe EGS magic is a pliable thing.  Spells have hard and fast default definitions but those definitions can be temporarily altered with the application of enough power.  From this perspective, all Dex needs is a simple "summon fairydoll" spell.  The Immortal who is guiding and empowering him is doing the rest to summon fireguys and dragons.

The occam's razor result changes if spells are not changeable.  At that point, Dex' mark needs a a lot more moving parts to do what we've seen it done.

Unlike Elliot's case (where occam's razor clearly says he can't do griffins), occam's razors application to Dex is not straightforward, as you realize yourself. Also, remember that occam's razor is just tool. It can produce incorrect results. For example, Elliot being able to merge with his smartphone was extra ability he didn't need. It was only ever foreshadowed by him asking where were his keys in Cheerleadra form. Occam's razor would totally fail when applied to that. And that's just most obvious example: spells in EGS, while limited, often have more capabilities than strictly necessary (although not often enough to claim Dex's spell MUST have something more).

Yes, only Dan can disprove lot of stuff. And he's clever enough to not overdo it. If the story would require Dex summoning something else, he can do it and we can't say anything against that.

Also note that occam's razor, while not reliable, is MUCH better argument for Dex's spell being limited to fairies than the shape of mark. Shape of mark doesn't prove ANYTHING, which was the point I was trying to make.

On 10/13/2016 at 2:17 PM, Scotty said:

Dex's fairy was still active when last we saw Dex during the New and Old Flames arc so yeah, we don't know what would happen is Dex unsummoned her rather than let the clock on her run out. Considering Elliot causing the bloodgrem to unsummon had a similar effect as Susan unsummoning Nase the first time, it probably is common for summons to do that and so we could expect Dex's fairy to have the same effect if unsummoning before it's duration ends.

It seems to me as though dismissing a summon immediately releases all of its remaining energy in one burst.

3 minutes ago, ijuin said:

It seems to me as though dismissing a summon immediately releases all of its remaining energy in one burst.

Yeah, that makes sense, a summon's power depletes on it's own, summon disappears quietly, forcing it to unsummon before the energy is depleted...where would the energy go?

Maybe better skilled magic users would be able to reclaim the remaining energy without causing a noisy burst.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:
13 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Yeah, that makes sense, a summon's power depletes on it's own, summon disappears quietly, forcing it to unsummon before the energy is depleted...where would the energy go?

Maybe better skilled magic users would be able to reclaim the remaining energy without causing a noisy burst.

What do you mean, "maybe"? :)

There is likely difference between unsummon something by breaking it's neck (where it would likely explode always) and the caster unsummoning something deliberately. Susan just wasn't skilled enough for quiet unsummon, but Nanase can do it and so can Abraham. I wouldn't be surprised if Susan would already be able to do it as well, on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't tried (but she MIGHT read it in her book).

The fact FV5 beam didn't really worked on Goo doesn't mean it's specific to humans. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if griffins would be outside the spell capabilities, but we don't know that for sure (while we know for sure it can't do males).

That was Ellen's beam that wouldn't affect the goo.  We're talking about Elliot, whose be-a-girl spell is taken from the effects of the TF gun but is otherwise earth-magic.  Ellen's handbeam mymics the uryouom energies of the TF Gun so it really doesn't apply here.  Or I simply don't know what you mean by bringing it into the discussion.

FV5 transofrmation seems to the heart of Eliot's be-a-girl spell, which has since evolved to encompass non-FV5 female humans and clothing transformations (or always included the stuff and Elliot sucks at reading his spellbook).  It could evolve further to having Elliot turn into female non-humans, but I see that as outside his spell's current definition so the spell would need to be to be pushed, warped or deformed to do a female griffin.

14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Unlike Elliot's case (where occam's razor clearly says he can't do griffins), occam's razors application to Dex is not straightforward, as you realize yourself. Also, remember that occam's razor is just tool. It can produce incorrect results. For example, Elliot being able to merge with his smartphone was extra ability he didn't need. It was only ever foreshadowed by him asking where were his keys in Cheerleadra form. Occam's razor would totally fail when applied to that. And that's just most obvious example: spells in EGS, while limited, often have more capabilities than strictly necessary (although not often enough to claim Dex's spell MUST have something more)

Oh yes.  Occam's Razor is not an absolute.  But it tends to be a good way to bet. 

There's no way to start with "where did my car keys go?" and end up with "Cherleadra gets cell phone powers" unless you're just taking random guesses.  Of course Occam's Razor fails.  When there's no way to anticipate the change, there's no simplest explanation for Occam's Razor to give you.

23 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yes, only Dan can disprove lot of stuff. And he's clever enough to not overdo it. If the story would require Dex summoning something else, he can do it and we can't say anything against that.airies than the shape of mark. Shape of mark doesn't prove ANYTHING, which was the point I was trying to make.

One word: "Midichloreons"  When the world's creator goes completely against what he has put forward, we are completely allowed to call him on it.  Dan hasn't dome anything like Lucas so the example is hypothetical.

25 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also note that occam's razor, while not reliable, is MUCH better argument for Dex's spell being limited to fairies than the shape of mark. Shape of mark doesn't prove ANYTHING, which was the point I was trying to make.

I still disagree.  The special case of a Mark made by Pandora or impersonating a mark made by Pandora does give us useful information because that's how she marks people.

10 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
37 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yes, only Dan can disprove lot of stuff. And he's clever enough to not overdo it. If the story would require Dex summoning something else, he can do it and we can't say anything against that.airies than the shape of mark. Shape of mark doesn't prove ANYTHING, which was the point I was trying to make.

One word: "Midichloreons"  When the world's creator goes completely against what he has put forward, we are completely allowed to call him on it.  Dan hasn't dome anything like Lucas so the example is hypothetical.

You mean midichlorians. And what I was saying was that making Dex summon something else would NOT be similar to midichlorians.

I still disagree.  The special case of a Mark made by Pandora or impersonating a mark made by Pandora does give us useful information because that's how she marks people.

Sigh. I see you really like that theory.

BTW, Pandora said herself than Sarah's mark was shaped as question mark to troll her. And the connection between the fire-shaped mark Justin have and his spell is not exactly straightforward. And Dex's mark doesn't look so much as fairy. And Pandora named herself Chaos: I think she would take offence if you told her she's predictable and consistent.

That was Ellen's beam that wouldn't affect the goo.  We're talking about Elliot, whose be-a-girl spell is taken from the effects of the TF gun but is otherwise earth-magic.  Ellen's handbeam mymics the uryouom energies of the TF Gun so it really doesn't apply here.  Or I simply don't know what you mean by bringing it into the discussion.

It's likely TF gun applied on Goo or on Griffin would have same effect as Ellen's magic. And I was bringing it to say that FV5 doesn't imply human.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

I think she would take offence if you told her she's predictable and consistent.

I'd tell her she had a style that stood out as "her" style...

4 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think she would take offence if you told her she's predictable and consistent.

I'd tell her she had a style that stood out as "her" style...

She's over 400 years old: you think you can talk out of that so simple? She can see right through you. (Probably even literally). And running wouldn't help either.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:
22 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

He has been told not to do anything too creepy with his magic.

Even if he would make a vow, he's not immortal so he wouldn't have any problems breaking it. Also, creepy is relative.

Creepy is relative, even more so when qualified with "too creepy", which, to me, assumes some level of creepy is going to happen.

And I'm not going there.

Said too much already.

Need Brain Bleach now I does.

13 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

She's over 400 years old: you think you can talk out of that so simple?

It'd be worth a shot.  Not my fault there's a method to her madness and I pick up on it.

Edit:  By Immortal law, I completely DO get away with it unless Pandora can completely convince herself I started it

3 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

There's no way to start with "where did my car keys go?" and end up with "Cherleadra gets cell phone powers" unless you're just taking random guesses.  Of course Occam's Razor fails.  When there's no way to anticipate the change, there's no simplest explanation for Occam's Razor to give you.

Simplest explanation would be Elliot didn't read his spell book to see what happened to things in his pockets when he takes on the superhero form. Because it's been establish that Elliot is a slacker when it comes to his spell book, Dan basically set Elliot up for a "well, if you had looked in your spell book to find out where your keys went, you probably would have found out about the superhero forms ability to merge with items in your pocket and figured out the cellphone trick long ago."

Dan had a Q&A page that described that a mark's shape didn't have any bearing on the type of spell he received aside from the marker possibly wanting to give a clue as to what the spell did In the case of Dex, yes he was given a fairy mark, yes he can summon a fairy, but that doesn't mean the spell is limited to only fairies, just that Dex on his own can only summon fairies, and that awakening and gaining more power could allow him to summon other stuff without getting brand new spells for each. The mark would have disappeared upon awakening anyway so it would certainly be irrelevant.

Pandora marking others aside from Sarah, was probably done in a way that would allow the marked to figure out their spell quickly so that they would use the spell more, Justin never found his mark so assumed his new skill was due to ASMA training, Rhoda likely finally noticed her mark and deduced by it's shape that it was her using magic that made the boar bigger, Pandora gave Catalina the paw mark basically because she was not in the mood for trying to be clever with a person who had a name based affinity. Dex's case, he noticed the mark before he accidentally cast the spell, he probably would have been confused as to what the mark was for, but after summoning the fairy would have figured out that the mark had something to do with it, if the mark had been something else, he'd have been confused about both what the mark was for, and how he could summon fairies.

12 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

She's over 400 years old: you think you can talk out of that so simple?

It'd be worth a shot.  Not my fault there's a method to her madness and I pick up on it.

Edit:  By Immortal law, I completely DO get away with it unless Pandora can completely convince herself I started it

She only can't hurt you DIRECTLY.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

just that Dex on his own can only summon fairies, and that awakening and gaining more power could allow him to summon other stuff without getting brand new spells for each.

It's "Dex on his own can summon fairies, and that awakening or gaining more power could allow him to summon other stuff without getting brand new spells for each". Small differences in wording, but ...