• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Friday October 14, 2016

6 minutes ago, Stature said:

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2262

De-de-de-DESTROYED!?!

Te-te-te-Tedd???

Not sure what you're getting at there.

The way I'm seeing it, Pandora is being pretty open here, the reason she's asking Sarah and not someone else, telling her to confirm with Tedd about her spell as well as the nature of vows which Tedd will be learning about shortly if he hadn't already, she still maintains that telling Edward is a bad idea but it's quite possible that it would put Edward in a position where he'd have to put her on file or else risk his job and it's possible his superiors could take legal action for dereliction of duty or something if he's found withholding that information. Pandora must geniunely believe it's best to keep Edward out of the loop, though I guess adding the fact that Sarah's going to be mentored in magic by an Immortal might also complicate things with Edward beyond the nature of Sarah's spell.

Pandora apparently does know the nature of Tedd's "magic", I not sure she connected him as being the type of wizard that Disco Wizard mentioned, or maybe she did be it wasn't relevant to say anything about it.

Also, what name will Pandora tell Sarah? Will it be her full name, or just her first or middle name? She already tortured Magus with Chaos for a while, that might be to boring to do it again especially with someone she apparently likes, she might not even use Chaos at all because of the chance it might make Sarah rethink the trust she's putting in her to help teach her magic, so I think she'll at least give her Pandora. I will be surprised if she says Raven though because if Sarah happens to mention Pandora to Grace and Tedd, they'd immediately think about Adrian.

50 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Not sure what you're getting at there.

Also, what name will Pandora tell Sarah? Will it be her full name, or just her first or middle name?

About that... :demonicduck:

My guess is "Pandora", then the crazy convo about the box comes up. Again.

This is the sort of person Voltaire is screwing with. I would say I hope she turns him into cat food but I don't want to poison any cats, especially Brownie, Jeffrey, or Max.

Given Name Odds: 2:1 on Pandora, 3:1 on Pandora Raven, and 6:1 on Pandora Chaos Raven.

Pandra Raven might be the most helpful of the three.

1 hour ago, PSadlon said:

[...] but I don't want to poison any cats, especially Brownie, Jeffrey, or Max.

You mean Jeremy, right?

It still feels weird that Pandora's acting helpful and friendly. Ulterior motives or no, she's being fairly straight-forward and isn't making the one she's talking to mad. It's weird.

2 hours ago, PSadlon said:

Given Name Odds: 2:1 on Pandora, 3:1 on Pandora Raven, and 6:1 on Pandora Chaos Raven.

Pandra Raven might be the most helpful of the three.

I'll take some of that Pandora Chaos Raven action.  For 10 of what ever the Q1 word we bet is.

58 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Lady Romanadvoratrelundar

I need to turn in my geek card, or at least get a "not a Dr Who fan" stamp. I had to google that. Of course, it being you I assumed it's wasn't just a random string. I also checked Hack's. It does seem to be just a bunch of Al's and not a geek reference I missed.

50 minutes ago, Zorua said:

You mean Jeremy, right?

It still feels weird that Pandora's acting helpful and friendly. Ulterior motives or no, she's being fairly straight-forward and isn't making the one she's talking to mad. It's weird.

I keep telling y'all my waifu isn't evil, just chaotic. I was even saying that well before she got a back story. I could be wrong, but I think I was saying that on the old pre crash forum. No way to prove it or not and trusting my memory2 is a fools game.

1Yes, I know it's quatloos, running joke at this point.
2Actually my long term memory is pretty good. My short term, not so good. Any thing from 10 minutes to about 2 years and I have will not vouch for one way or the other. I live and die (and when I was taking lithium, that last part was too close to literal for comfort) on my by the week pill box to make sure I've taken my meds or haven't taken them twice.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

"My full name is Alucitiarina Alamatara Agiltania Articimedea Abraxas-Abalamahalamatandra, but my friends call me Al."

"The End of the Matter," if I recall correctly (though the title wasn't exactly apt, as it was definitely not the end of Flinx's adventures)....

I'm still waiting for my pet Minidrag, though.

11 minutes ago, Stormtalon42 said:

"The End of the Matter," if I recall correctly (though the title wasn't exactly apt, as it was definitely not the end of Flinx's adventures)....

I'm still waiting for my pet Minidrag, though.

That was the Abalamahalamatandra part. :) The rest I just made up or snatched from elsewhere.

Let's see if Pandora gives her full name and give the kids the chance to connect her with Raven.

*Moperville HS North, on Monday*
*Raven is drinking a cofee*
GRACE: Mr. Raven, do you know an immortal called "Pandora Raven"?
*Cue Raven spit take*

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

she still maintains that telling Edward is a bad idea but it's quite possible that it would put Edward in a position where he'd have to put her on file or else risk his job and it's possible his superiors could take legal action for dereliction of duty or something if he's found withholding that information.

So basically this is not about Verres screwing Sarah over, it's about giving him plausible deniability.

Just now, exterminator said:

Let's see if Pandora gives her full name and give the kids the chance to connect her with Raven.

*Moperville HS North, on Monday*
*Raven is drinking a cofee*
GRACE: Mr. Raven, do you know an immortal called "Pandora Raven"?
*Cue Raven spit take*

They're at South, not North. While it would be amusing, I don't think it'd happen like that. Actually it occurred to me that Sarah might already know Adrian's last name if Grace, Ellen, Nanase or Justin ever mentioned him after the incident with Abraham so Sarah could make the connection herself if Pandora tells her her name. Pandora might expect Sarah to make that connection which would make one wonder if she'll answer or keep it a mystery, but I get the feeling that Pandora is in "we can't afford to goof around" mode so pulling a fast one on Sarah wouldn't be appropriate and may just be completely up front about Adrian.

There is a possibility that Pandora may come to regret making her vow with Sarah if she's unable to be chaotic with her after the dam is dealt with, but maybe that's why she made the vow in the first place, to make sure she holds herself in check for Sarah. As a side "wild theory" wouldn't it be interesting if Pandora started thinking of Sarah like Blaike? Although Pandora developing a love for Sarah might be too strange and she probably is aware of Sam, so she might be more inclined to treat her like Adrian instead.

2 hours ago, exterminator said:

So basically this is not about Verres screwing Sarah over, it's about giving him plausible deniability.

Yeah, Pandora might not agree with Edward's methods, but he's not the one that abandoned Tedd so Pandora might not want anything to happen to Edward that would cause him to have to leave Tedd and possibly undo the progress Tedd has made over the past year. Pandora's probably had the best view of what's been happening at the Verres residence over the years. Even though Adrian had said he hadn't seen her in 14 years, it doesn't mean that Pandora was never around.

Pandora might make Sarah think she shouldn't be doing this... Raven would be an epic troll, but it might lead Sarah to ask questions she shouldn't.  "Chaos" would be the smart answer, but with this being a Friday strip, I suspect she's going to say "Raven."

10 hours ago, Zorua said:

You mean Jeremy, right?

Yup heh, flatulent mind

I like where this appears to be going. As for the name, she's relatively comfortable with Pandora, so it makes the most sense. Of course, Raven is still on the table for dramatic reasons, as is her full name.

18 hours ago, PSadlon said:

This is the sort of person Voltaire is screwing with. I would say I hope she turns him into cat food but I don't want to poison any cats, especially Brownie, Jeffrey, or Max.

What about turning him into cat food and then making sure no cats will get to it?

16 hours ago, mlooney said:
16 hours ago, Zorua said:

I keep telling y'all my waifu isn't evil, just chaotic.

I would say that being helpful and friendly is still unexpected from her, but that's sort of point of being chaotic, isn't it?

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Actually it occurred to me that Sarah might already know Adrian's last name if Grace, Ellen, Nanase or Justin ever mentioned him after the incident with Abraham so Sarah could make the connection herself if Pandora tells her her name.

It seems more likely they called him "Mr. Raven" than "Adrian", actually.

There is a possibility that Pandora may come to regret making her vow with Sarah if she's unable to be chaotic with her after the dam is dealt with, but maybe that's why she made the vow in the first place, to make sure she holds herself in check for Sarah.

... totally. Not sure how it didn't occurred to me before you said that. That makes so much sense ...

Although Pandora developing a love for Sarah might be too strange and she probably is aware of Sam, so she might be more inclined to treat her like Adrian instead.

Well she's definitely too old for her, on the other hand she was older than Blaike too ... :)

Even though Adrian had said he hadn't seen her in 14 years, it doesn't mean that Pandora was never around.

She obviously WAS around. At least I would assume that forest she trolled Edward in was around. And yes, she might even check him personally from time to time.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
17 hours ago, mlooney said:
17 hours ago, Zorua said:

I keep telling y'all my waifu isn't evil, just chaotic.

I would say that being helpful and friendly is still unexpected from her, but that's sort of point of being chaotic, isn't it?

From the "Legacy" chapter, Pandora was never portrayed as evil either, and in light of Voltaire's admission to being involved in manipulating Dex, we can assume that Pandora's actions never had true evil intent. Pretty much all of the antics she's done have involved making people jump through hoops for a reward, that's what she was going to do with Blaike originally, make him do something to amuse her with the promise of important information about his adventure, then see how he reacted when he learned he did her tasks to find out that there was no treasure. Even the warning she gave Edward about the egg and the hawk may have been an empty threat for her amusement to see how they reacted, she probably never expected Magus to become a serious problem and was prepared to say "Gotcha!" when Edward found out everything he prepared for was a waste. Of course Voltaire getting involved in that is certainly going to make a difference. Maybe that's Voltaire's angle, he sees Pandora's antics as literal child's play and is upping the danger level.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

It seems more likely they called him "Mr. Raven" than "Adrian", actually.

That's why I said Sarah might already know his last name.

Hmm, I just realized something, It's quite possible Dan will leave us hanging as to whether or not Pandora tells Sarah her name. He could jump back to Elliot with Ashley, or Nanase and Ellen going to talk to Susan for Monday's comic, and leave revealing if Pandora told Sarah her name for when Grace and Tedd arrive.

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

From the "Legacy" chapter, Pandora was never portrayed as evil either, and in light of Voltaire's admission to being involved in manipulating Dex, we can assume that Pandora's actions never had true evil intent. Pretty much all of the antics she's done have involved making people jump through hoops for a reward, that's what she was going to do with Blaike originally, make him do something to amuse her with the promise of important information about his adventure, then see how he reacted when he learned he did her tasks to find out that there was no treasure. Even the warning she gave Edward about the egg and the hawk may have been an empty threat for her amusement to see how they reacted, she probably never expected Magus to become a serious problem and was prepared to say "Gotcha!" when Edward found out everything he prepared for was a waste. Of course Voltaire getting involved in that is certainly going to make a difference. Maybe that's Voltaire's angle, he sees Pandora's antics as literal child's play and is upping the danger level.

This lends support to a theory I am toying with but haven't committed to.

Voltaire is Pandora.  Specifically a breakaway piece of her psyche that has assumed its own body and identity.   Or even that Voltaire is most of Pandora and the part we see talking to Sarah is the part of her that's still...if not sane, but "nice" in outlook..

The idea is a physical separation between benign Panadora and nihilistic Pandora has occurred, perhaps sometime within the run of the comic.  Nihilistic Pandora has renamed herself "Voltaire" and appears masculine when manifesting on the physical plane.

I toyed with the idea of Voltaire being active only when Pandora is asleep, and it's still remotely possible, but Pandora visiting Sarah then Voltaire showing up at Ed Verres' place leave a narrow amount of time between.

21 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I toyed with the idea of Voltaire being active only when Pandora is asleep, and it's still remotely possible, but Pandora visiting Sarah then Voltaire showing up at Ed Verres' place leave a narrow amount of time between.

Yeah, I can't remember if Dan's stated he's played Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and the Shivering Isles expansion but what you said is very much like Sheogorath and Jyggalag. There isn't really anything I can say to counter that theory beyond "I don't think that what Dan's going for" but we don't know if such a scenario is possible for Immortals.

Another possibility though, is Pandora and Voltaire were companions when they were younger, much like Helena and Demetrius, but Pandora and Voltaire had a falling out, maybe they disagreed on how they should interact with mortals, maybe Voltaire had be showing contempt for the rules that Immortals set for themselves for a long time. Of course that would mean that Voltaire is potentially as old as Pandora if he decided to forgo resetting as well.