• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Friday October 14, 2016

23 hours ago, Scotty said:

No no, it would be the perfect way to get Apple to change their policies if God used their own products to deliver such a message.

Have it suddenly be displayed on iPads everywhere! For all to see!

...Wait, most people would probably believe that it's a computer virus some hacker create and not God...

...Wait, Apple claims that their products don't get viruses... Everyone's faith in Apple products drops considerably, Apple either goes bankrupt or is forced to reform their policies.

This could still have merit!

Or you could choose to use a product from a different company.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:
7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Sounds good. Not that apple viruses really don't exist ... 1, 2, ...

iOS != OS X;

BSD Unix, the grunt under OS X has damn good security.

Except we were talking about iPad, which uses iOS. Also, the inner core of both OS X and iOS is Mach, BSD does only all the work (provides POSIX compatibility). Regardless, security of OS kernel is useless if userland has holes: most dangerous android bugs were in media handling library.

BSD Unix != Linux != AIX != System V Unix != POSIX

I think we can be more exact with some of those. Like, POSIX ⊂ BSD ...

For the non programmers "!=" means "does not equal".

For the non mathematicians, ⊂ means "is a subset of".

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

BSD Unix

Okay, now I have to ask. Is there also such a thing as BDSM Unix?

Considering rule 34 and 35, I would be surprised if not. There is, after all, Lesbian Linux. Or was ... seems the domain no longer exists.

15 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Okay, now I have to ask. Is there also such a thing as BDSM Unix?

BSD-M sounds like it would be BSD-Modified, or something similar.

Anyway, to get back on the topic of Pandora, the name that she gives depends heavily on how much she wants Sarah and her friends to know. If "Raven" is any part of the name that she gives, then they will certainly find out quickly that she is Adrian's mother. "Chaos" will reveal little, while "Pandora" may eventually lead them to Adrian, but will not be obvious to them at first.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

BSD-M sounds like it would be BSD-Modified, or something similar.

Anyway, to get back on the topic of Pandora, the name that she gives depends heavily on how much she wants Sarah and her friends to know. If "Raven" is any part of the name that she gives, then they will certainly find out quickly that she is Adrian's mother. "Chaos" will reveal little, while "Pandora" may eventually lead them to Adrian, but will not be obvious to them at first.

Pandora could, only if her name happens to be mentioned to Adrian. I don't see how they could connect the two otherwise. I'm still unsure if Edward even knows Pandora, he certainly didn't appear to recognize her child form the times he's seen her, but I still think if he did recognize her, he be demanding answers from Adrian "She's your mother, surely you must have some idea what she's up to."

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Pandora could, only if her name happens to be mentioned to Adrian. I don't see how they could connect the two otherwise. I'm still unsure if Edward even knows Pandora, he certainly didn't appear to recognize her child form the times he's seen her, but I still think if he did recognize her, he be demanding answers from Adrian "She's your mother, surely you must have some idea what she's up to."

That would be only if he:

a. recognizes Pandora;

b. knows she's Adrian's mother; and

c. does not know that the two rarely speak to each other.

Since he and Adrian used to be close, it seems unlikely that both b. and c. would be true.

24 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

That would be only if he:

a. recognizes Pandora;

b. knows she's Adrian's mother; and

c. does not know that the two rarely speak to each other.

Since he and Adrian used to be close, it seems unlikely that both b. and c. would be true.

It is possible though that despite Edward knowing what Adrian is, Adrian might never have told anyone about his mother.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

It is possible though that despite Edward knowing what Adrian is, Adrian might never have told anyone about his mother.

Psychiatrist: So, tell me, in any order, the first five good things that come to mind about your mother...

Mr. Raven: Let me tell you about my mother! *pulls out heavy handgun and shoots psychiatrist*

36 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Psychiatrist: So, tell me, in any order, the first five good things that come to mind about your mother...

Mr. Raven: Let's see...

1. She's super powerful...
  2. She ...seems to care about me despite being crazy...
  3. She hasn't killed anyone that I know of recently...
  4. She obeys immortal law...
  5. She saved my students (even though she could have foreseen and prevented the attack in the first place)

Psychiatrist: Immortal?

Mr. Raven: Yeah, my mother's immortal.

Psychiatrist: *makes a note*

36 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Mr. Raven: Let me tell you about my mother! *pulls out heavy handgun and shoots psychiatrist*

I don't think he'd be allowed to do that, unless the psychiatrist was threatening someone or had magic.

1 hour ago, chridd said:

Mr. Raven: Let's see...

1. She's super powerful...
  2. She ...seems to care about me despite being crazy...
  3. She hasn't killed anyone that I know of recently...
  4. She obeys immortal law...
  5. She saved my students (even though she could have foreseen and prevented the attack in the first place)

Psychiatrist: Immortal?

Mr. Raven: Yeah, my mother's immortal.

Psychiatrist: *makes a note*

Raven was not born yesterday (far from that) ; he's certainly clever enough to say just "4. She obeys law..."

5 hours ago, chridd said:

I take it the post I was quoting was a reference that I didn't get because I don't watch movies?

Yes. The Voight-Kampff test is a very good way to determine whether you are speaking to a human or a replicant. Unfortunately, it can also be a good way to tick the replicant off. :doom:

The Voight-Kampff test is a very good way to determine whether you are speaking to a human or a replicant. Unfortunately, it can also be a good way to tick the replicant off. :doom:

So an even better way to make that determination is to watch via a remote camera while someone else applies said test. :link: