• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Monday August 7, 2017

43 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Speculation: Edward's been hiding out in a corner somewhere, undetectable, waiting to have a talk with Pandora. This could get fun.

Didn't we already see Edward in bed not to long ago?

I wish there was a way Pandora could just remove some of the extra power and stuff that makes her crazy without loosing her memories. I don't want her to go. A Pandora reboot just wouldn't be the same.

Okay, I admit to having the Feels for the current scene as well as Pandora as she is now.  But it kind of reminds me of those videos where some wild creature does something cute, and we all forget sometimes it can get cranky and rip our arm off.

Dealing with Pandora is like dealing with Jeckyl and Hyde.  I get that the intrinsic Pandora is many things that are wonderful to know, trickster and concerned mother for example, but she is also dealing a deficit of sanity.  I also see that a reset could mute good as well as bad traits.  A good part of her passion for helping her family are her life experiences.  I am not seeing a way around an eventual reset, though.

I hope Tedd gets more time with her and I hope she and Adrian can come to a reconciliation before that time.

5 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

I am not seeing a way around an eventual reset, though.

Me to. I feel like Fairies are raped by their own biology. Yes rape is a strong word, I meant it to be strong. If Pandora HAS to reset I want it to be a forced reset. The last thing I want is for some stranger with no emotional connection to Pandora's loved ones digging through her precious memories. Bonus icky points for looking like Pandora. A forced reset would HOPEFULLY make sure this new fairy doesn't have acess to these intimate memories.

Somehow, Pandora now overtakes Toriel by miles in my list. Then again, it is not that hard to sleep for ~6 hours.

*purposefully cuts to Friday morning by next week*

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2383

AWWW more hugs!!!

And I don't know about you guys, but I just love Pandora right now.

Hey!  I claimed Pandora as my waifu way back when. 

7 hours ago, partner555 said:

Pandora is best immortal as both villain and ally.

Jerry is a close second.

She's never really been a villain as such. 

One more thing.  I get the giggles when I see the last panel where Pandora says, "Now, young lady!"  It's amazing how some people can change to parent mode at the drop of a hat, complete with the "Mom" voice.  My wife can do the "Mom" voice very well.  It's not real loud, but man it commands attention.  I have seen the heads of children and adults alike snap around and look, trying to figure out if they need to get to jumping at some Mom order.  Perhaps related to Drill Sergeant voice but more subtle.

I suspect this is what the Bene Gesserit Voice of Command is really about. ;)

I hope in the end, when Tedd gets herself to bed, she can look back at the interaction and get some positive feelings from someone caring enough to send her to bed, if that makes any sense.

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Pandora is getting more out of this than Tedd is.

Tedd has serious issues to do with the fact that her mother left when she was very young. I daresay that Tedd's getting quite a bit out of this.

20 minutes ago, JainaEgo said:

Tedd has serious issues to do with the fact that her mother left when she was very young. I daresay that Tedd's getting quite a bit out of this.

Agreed.  She is getting a carp-ton of goodness out of this.  I am a little envious.  I say Pandora is getting more not to minimize Tedd but highlight Pandora.

While there's still a huge hole in Tedd's heart where mom ought to be, Tedd is in a much better place than where she was even a few years ago.  Not saying that a good peer group and a girlfriend fixes everything but it helps. 

On the other hand, I'd bet money Pandora has never gotten over Blaike's death.  She is self-isolated, alone nearly all of the time, and relations with the son she can't bear to leave are pretty strained.  Life has been bleak and lonely for Pandora for longer than Tedd's been alive, probably longer than Ed Verres has been alive, and maybe longer than the United Sates has been around.

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Pandora is getting more out of this than Tedd is.

1 hour ago, JainaEgo said:

41 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Agreed.  She is getting a carp-ton of goodness out of this.  I am a little envious.  I say Pandora is getting more not to minimize Tedd but highlight Pandora.

Tedd and Pandora have both gotten lots of warm fuzzies out of this visit. But how long will they last? Tedd still has the same issues with his mother, and Pandora has more issues with her son than she knows about. Remember Dex's amulet that he used to frame Pandora? There's no indication that Edward has told Adrian about Voltaire being behind the attempts on Elliot's life.

It kind of looks like Tedd is off to bed now, and we're moving on to Part 18. But maybe Tedd will think to ask Pandora about the other Immortal he's seen: Voltaire.

18 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Tedd and Pandora have both gotten lots of warm fuzzies out of this visit. But how long will they last? Tedd still has the same issues with his mother, and Pandora has more issues with her son than she knows about. Remember Dex's amulet that he used to frame Pandora? There's no indication that Edward has told Adrian about Voltaire being behind the attempts on Elliot's life.

It kind of looks like Tedd is off to bed now, and we're moving on to Part 18. But maybe Tedd will think to ask Pandora about the other Immortal he's seen: Voltaire.

The promise that Pandora holds out to Tedd is as a substitute mother figure.  Rare's the parents that can be to their child all the things that child needs.  Children will instinctively find the pieces they are missing.  Ed Verres tries his best and generally does a decent job of parenting, but he has some glaring shortcomings that Pandora doesn't have. 

The promise Tedd holds out to Pandora is like what Sarah does only moreso.  Pandora wants to be important to someone.   She wants to matter.  She can matter to Tedd and Sarah.  Tedd holds out something akin to the simple mother-child connection she had with Raven when he was young, which in turn was the only salve she had for having lost Blaike.

29 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

That depends does Tedd know that Voltaire used a Pandora's Box related symbol when he controlled Dex? It's been a long time since I read that arc so you will have to forgive me for being fuzzy on the details.

5 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Tedd still has the same issues with his mother,

You mean with his father?  As is it's Pandora's been able to lessen the hurt of Noriko leaving by explaining some of what happened years ago, Tedd understands that he inadvertently caused his parents to believe he didn't have any magic potential, and while it still sucks that it was that misunderstanding that caused issues between Edward and Noriko (though we still don't know exactly what Adrian did that was apparently the last straw), Tedd as least understands that he had no control over it. Meanwhile Tedd still has to deal with Edward's apparent dislike of Tedd's gender shifting, but hopefully Pandora's acceptance of it, plus Elliot's acceptance of it earlier, should give Tedd some confidence in in confronting his dad about it. Heck Tedd has 8 people behind him on this (I'm pretty sure even Susan would back Tedd up on the subject), Edward doesn't stand a chance.

3 minutes ago, animalia said:

That depends does Tedd know that Voltaire used a Pandora's Box related symbol when he controlled Dex? It's been a long time since I read that arc so you will have to forgive me for being fuzzy on the details.

Tedd knows about the pendant, Grace took it and likely showed Tedd, I would assume they gave it to Edward but I'm uncertain. It doesn't appear that they knew the significance of the symbol before Voltaire claimed responsibility for it, it's possible the Voltaire's intentions were to make sure that Adrian assumed that Pandora was responsible.

You know, I can't shake the feeling that Pandora's actions lately were predicted by Voltaire and despite Pandora's best efforts to help Tedd, it may be setting things up for some more badness.

1 minute ago, animalia said:

That depends does Tedd know that Voltaire used a Pandora's Box related symbol

There's no indication that anyone besides Adrian and Noah know about the picture on the amulet being connected with the Pandora myth. Nor is there any indication that Voltaire is known as Voltaire to anyone besides Abner the detective. But even if Pandora doesn't recognize Voltaire from his modus operandi and his style, she would be very interested to know that he tried to kill Tedd's friend.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

There's no indication that anyone besides Adrian and Noah know about the picture on the amulet being connected with the Pandora myth. Nor is there any indication that Voltaire is known as Voltaire to anyone besides Abner the detective. But even if Pandora doesn't recognize Voltaire from his modus operandi and his style, she would be very interested to know that he tried to kill Tedd's friend.

Yeah but if Tedd doesn't know that Voltaire used symbols related to the myth Tedd would have no reason to bring up Voltaire to Pandora. The only reason for Tedd to mention him is if he makes the connection.

That being said I DEARLY hope Tedd makes said connection before its too late.

1 minute ago, animalia said:

The only reason for Tedd to mention him is if he makes the connection.

Except maybe asking her if she knows about the other immortals in Moperville, including the one that was in the same basement five days ago.