• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Monday August 7, 2017

10 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Except maybe asking her if she knows about the other immortals in Moperville, including the one that was in the same basement five days ago.

So all immortals/insert ethnicity here know each other, is that it?

:)

2 hours ago, animalia said:

So all immortals/insert ethnicity here know each other, is that it?

Tedd: One more thing. There was this other Immortal here Sunday. He tried to kill my best friend three times. Any chance you know about him?

Pandora: The one at the mall who tricked the griffin?

Tedd: That's the one.

Pandora: I haven't met him...yet.

On the subject in the commentary, there's an unmentioned detail of Tedd's pronoun preference that I'm wondering about: If someone is talking about a past event, perhaps relating a story of what happened, does Tedd prefer to be referred to in that context by Tedd's present form or by Tedd's form at the time being talked about?

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

Hey!  I claimed Pandora as my waifu way back when. 

She's never really been a villain as such. 

Well, the part where she tried to coerce Edward into murder was rather villainous.

6 hours ago, partner555 said:

Well, the part where she tried to coerce Edward into murder was rather villainous.

Not really, in the over all scheme of things.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Not really, in the over all scheme of things.

Could you expand on that?  'Cause I'm in the "yeah, it's villainy" camp...

28 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Could you expand on that?  'Cause I'm in the "yeah, it's villainy" camp...

On the surface, when we saw Pandora trying to get Magus to have Edward kill Abraham, it seemed villainous,  even her statement of "he hurt my son" didn't seem to justify it. And her conversation with Adrian in the hospital didn't make it any better either, we were lead to believe that she was an very old Immortal with some screws loose, trying to stir up crap for her amusement.

Now though it's become a lot more complex, yeah Pandora's age has played a factor in things, but it's more than that, I don't think of her as a villain, but as someone who had, for a while, lost sight of what mattered most to her, and she's just recently been made aware of that fact.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

On the surface, when we saw Pandora trying to get Magus to have Edward kill Abraham, it seemed villainous,  even her statement of "he hurt my son" didn't seem to justify it. And her conversation with Adrian in the hospital didn't make it any better either, we were lead to believe that she was an very old Immortal with some screws loose, trying to stir up crap for her amusement.

Now though it's become a lot more complex, yeah Pandora's age has played a factor in things, but it's more than that, I don't think of her as a villain, but as someone who had, for a while, lost sight of what mattered most to her, and she's just recently been made aware of that fact.

...And she literally tore into Magus for choosing not to make Verres kill Abraham.  I can agree with your analysis of Pandora and still say "yeah it's villainy".  Nothing has changed the nature of her actions.  It's just she's not a villain.  Not anymore anyway.  That role has passed to Voltaire. 

Pandora's change smacks of retcon but I like this Pandora enough that I'll take it.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

This, so to speak.

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Well, maybe Friday's comic will bring us a real surprise if it's taking longer to make.

I can't find the tweets anymore (they were either yesterday or late Monday) but I remember seeing Dan mention that the past weekend was atypical and that Tuesday was going to be atypical as well which lead me to think that he had other things going on that kept him from working on the comic. He did retweet a couple tweets about stress and anxiety so I'm hoping he's OK. Delaying it till Friday makes sense because he doesn't have to stress out to get 2 story comics done in a short period of time.

On 8/8/2017 at 0:35 PM, Vorlonagent said:

...And she literally tore into Magus for choosing not to make Verres kill Abraham.  I can agree with your analysis of Pandora and still say "yeah it's villainy".  Nothing has changed the nature of her actions.  It's just she's not a villain.  Not anymore anyway.  That role has passed to Voltaire. 

Pandora's change smacks of retcon but I like this Pandora enough that I'll take it.

Perhaps a retcon, but what if it went like this: in the course of setting up the empowerment of Moperville to bring about the world change for Adrian, she of necessity had to pay more attention to the people, including people she had ignored for many years, like Tedd, and in getting to know them better, actually getting into their lives, is slowly brought back out of madness.  I agree, Pandora has acted villainous, and still has that potential, as witnessed when she almost lost it in front of Tedd.  I don't think she was the villain but was a nice misdirection.

I like the way Pandora is acting now as well, but recognize that in some ways, unless something profoundly changes like her resetting, she is like a bomb waiting to go off.

I don't think that either Pandora or Magus is a villain.

However, they are people.

People panic. People get desperate. People lose sight of their priorities. People fail to think through the easily-foreseeable (let alone harder-to-foresee) consequences of their choices.

4 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

Perhaps a retcon, but what if it went like this: in the course of setting up the empowerment of Moperville to bring about the world change for Adrian, she of necessity had to pay more attention to the people, including people she had ignored for many years, like Tedd, and in getting to know them better, actually getting into their lives, is slowly brought back out of madness.  I agree, Pandora has acted villainous, and still has that potential, as witnessed when she almost lost it in front of Tedd.  I don't think she was the villain but was a nice misdirection.

I like the way Pandora is acting now as well, but recognize that in some ways, unless something profoundly changes like her resetting, she is like a bomb waiting to go off.

Unfortunately that is the truth.  She's too old and powerful to hang around.  She's got to reset.

This change in Pandora that makes her accessible enough to Sarah and Tedd is what looks like retcon.  I just can't see why she stopped being the villain-Pandora that she was in the earlier comics.  I see her interact with Sarah and Tedd and it seems like they are bringing her back to stability but she had to have come partway there by herself and I just don't get when or how that happened.  It's like the really harsh side of Pandora's madness got up and walked away after Sister 2.

This is why I toy with the idea that this is exactly what happened. And that toxic piece of Pandora is calling itself "Voltaire".   I don't know how much behind the idea I even am.  I'm not sure it works 100% with existing continuity.  That's why I just toy with it.

I'm seeing this more as a "mother bear" who has lost her sense of proportion and barely remembers that tearing apart someone only indirectly related to a threat to her family might be crossing the line...some member of her family may need to make an impassioned plea not to flash-fry that private investigator, for example.