• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Monday August 14, 2017

1 hour ago, Tuscahoma said:

Okay, I've searched, but I am getting nowhere (at least conclusively).  Please explain your reference to Demon fishermen and the geometry of evil.  Then I can stop thinking about it.

Obsessive?  Who's obsessive.

It was me making a dumbshit joke about the hapless previous poster writing 'angle demon hallucinations' when he was clearly referring to 'angel-demon' same thing. It made me think of what angles demons used in their work, or possibly angler demons.

18 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

It was me making a dumbshit joke about the hapless previous poster writing 'angle demon hallucinations' when he was clearly referring to 'angel-demon' same thing. It made me think of what angles demons used in their work, or possibly angler demons.

Oh my gosh.  Okay, thank you.  I was searching and trying to make sense of it and came up with some crazy results , like a fisherman in Murmansk posting pictures of demonic fish and non-euclidean geometry being equated to evil in The Brothers Karamazov (odd that Russian connection).  And of course I never even noticed the spelling mistake which would have made the joke more obvious.  Thankfully I can laugh at myself over and learning interesting if odd things.  Thanks again!

On 8/14/2017 at 9:47 AM, Tom Sewell said:

I think it's also confirming that Pandora is going to be blindsided by tonight's scheduled activities because she doesn't want to pay the price of becoming borderline psychic again.

I'm more thinking it's the "borderline" part which blindsides her. That even without empathy and kindness she would be surprised by it because she was not paying attention.

On 8/15/2017 at 8:40 PM, Vorlonagent said:

When an Immortal resets it is the same as a human death.  The self dies but the soul reincarnates.  Selves die.  It's just the nature of things.  No-body lives forever.  A 200 year run is a good run.  I think I might have stuff figured out by 200...  :)

Personally, I find all talk about dying being good and natural as "sour grapes". But maybe I will be looking at it differently when I will be 100 ... or 1000 ...

On 8/16/2017 at 4:53 AM, CritterKeeper said:

Actually, my goal would be better described as to live indefinitely than to live forever, but not many notice these distinctions. ;-)

... or 1000000000 ... or ... :)

On 8/16/2017 at 0:52 AM, Tuscahoma said:

Also, we are taking for granted that there are two options, reset or madness.  For a race that seems to lack coordinated sharing of "cultural information,"  perhaps we should questions those assumptions.  Perhaps other options exist, such as transcending or evolving into something else.

... well, maybe they have that knowledge confirmed by their clairvoyance. Because otherwise it would definitely seem that they can't know until they try.