• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Wednesday August 16, 2017

Good thing Akane Hanma Chan is self-aware enough to know she's not good at moral judgements (Though that does make me wonder how she decided Susan would be good at moral judgements. She generally is, but I'm wondering how Hanma figured that out), we don't need another mortal that is causing suffering in the name of a better world (though at least her intent would be more sincere)

"Hanma" has five listings in the names database of the Jim Breen's Japanese Internet Dictionary, all surnames; "Akane" has ten listings, all feminine given names.

If Hanma's moral compass is going to be Susan, we may be setting course for the final frontier.

2 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Time for another Amazing Crackpot Plot Theory!

Goonmanji 2 isn't canon, but Dan said Hanma as a character is canon. Could it be that Hanma will be the reset Pandora?

Not given her prior history with Jerry...

19 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Pandora barely has a history with Jerry 2.0. Explain how this would affect Pandora's reset.

There's no evidence that Pandora is even conscious of Jerry's new self.  Or even his old self.

I know NP is not canon, but if Hanma is, character elements like her age and power, also prior knowledge of pre-reset Jerry, should be canon.

Hanma is old enough and powerful enough to power a hammer artifact.  Jerry told the girls he wouldn't be able to do this and Jerry 2.0 confirmed it.  There's no reason to think a Pandora reset could do something a Jerry reset couldn't.  Pandora's reset would have to travel decades back in time to be old enough and powerful enough to be Hanma in a universe where time travel can't occur.

1 minute ago, Vorlonagent said:

Hanma is old enough and powerful enough to power a hammer artifact.  Jerry told the girls he wouldn't be able to do this and Jerry 2.0 confirmed it. 

Good point. I'm not giving up yet, though. Anything Jerry says in Goonmanji 2 may or may not be true in Canon.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Good point. I'm not giving up yet, though. Anything Jerry says in Goonmanji 2 may or may not be true in Canon.

Yeah but you'd expect classicJerry to know what he was talking about.

1 minute ago, Vorlonagent said:

Yeah but you'd expect classicJerry to know what he was talking about.

Indubitably, but Jerry 2.0 doesn't know everything Classic Jerry did, so he could be wrong.

50 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I know NP is not canon, but if Hanma is, character elements like her age and power, also prior knowledge of pre-reset Jerry, should be canon.

Hanma is old enough and powerful enough to power a hammer artifact.  Jerry told the girls he wouldn't be able to do this and Jerry 2.0 confirmed it.  There's no reason to think a Pandora reset could do something a Jerry reset couldn't.  Pandora's reset would have to travel decades back in time to be old enough and powerful enough to be Hanma in a universe where time travel can't occur.

Actually, Hanma herself is not sure she can already power a hammer artifact, BUT she definitely has more power than Jerry so the point still holds. Pandora after reset would be WEAKER than Jerry.

And regarding canonicality ...I think that the character being canon but storyline not actually means that the storyline might've easily happened but didn't. Possibly in canon Hanma got different idea OR decided for someone else than Susan to be her moral compass. (Frankly, WHY Susan? It's possible that in canon Jerry would actively prevent her from interacting with Susan, for Susan's protection.)

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Time for another Amazing Crackpot Plot Theory!

Goonmanji 2 isn't canon, but Dan said Hanma as a character is canon. Could it be that Hanma will be the reset Pandora?

For one thing, even though this story isn't canon, Hanma being a canon character likely means there are other tidbits about her that are canon, like the fact that she's older than Jerry/Not_Jerry, that would make a paradox as to how Hanma could be Pandora's next life when Hanma essentially exists before Pandora's reset.

Pandora would have to have reset well before Hammerchlorians to still be older than Jerry/Not_Jerry.

And for 2:

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

You are pushing my bright candy colored button.

Ahem...
Hanma

IS A NEW FREAKING CHARACTER

This ^^^^^^^^^. ;)