• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Friday Aug 18 2017

15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

My summary what parts of this is canon from previous topic confirmed.

The whole thing is canon, turns out Immortals can create a pocket dimension that's similar to Sarah's simulation spell, and Hanma's going to take Susan, and the others into it to do the playtesting. When Susan returns, Tensaided will just think she took a 5 minute bathroom break.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:
22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

My summary what parts of this is canon from previous topic confirmed.

The whole thing is canon, turns out Immortals can create a pocket dimension that's similar to Sarah's simulation spell, and Hanma's going to take Susan, and the others into it to do the playtesting. When Susan returns, Tensaided will just think she took a 5 minute bathroom break.

Dan explicitly said it isn't and that in canon, characters chosen to play would react differently. Even in pocket dimension.

The whole Hanma's discussion with Jerry, meanwhile, likely happened or will happen almost same in canon.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Dan explicitly said it isn't and that in canon, characters chosen to play would react differently. Even in pocket dimension.

The whole Hanma's discussion with Jerry, meanwhile, likely happened or will happen almost same in canon.

I guess I should have put a ;) on it or otherwise indicated that I wasn't being serious.

Honestly though, I'm not sure how Dan would introduce Hanma into the story canon....maybe she helps Pandora find Voltaire?

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I guess I should have put a ;) on it or otherwise indicated that I wasn't being serious.

Grace had similar problem.

On internet, doesn't matter how absurd something is, you can never be sure it's not meant seriously. So, sometimes it's safer to answer seriously even if you (or me in this case) suspect it's not serious.

(Also, sometimes I answer seriously even if I'm SURE it's not serious because I think it's FUNNIER, but this wasn't such case.)

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Honestly though, I'm not sure how Dan would introduce Hanma into the story canon....maybe she helps Pandora find Voltaire?

Unlikely. I think she will appear related to Tedd's attempt to bring back hammers. Well after current story arc.

Things come in threes, or two and a half. Two is underkill.

So, will they be accompanied, like in Hammerchlorians? (º3º)

20 hours ago, Stature said:

Things come in threes, or two and a half. Two is underkill.

I'm not sure what you speak about but the number you are looking for starts as 2.71828182845904523536028747135266249775724709369995...

Just a thought: aside from resets, Hanma is older than recorded history. She could actually be Pandora's mother, if that's the way Immortals make more Immortals. Or Pandora's daughter. Feel free to add as many greats and grands as you like.

I'm pretty certain the other Immortals would say they are older than recorded history by that logic.

There's two possibilities for how Immortals came to be, they either were created by Magic, or maybe they were once mortal as well and ascended thousands of years before Human civilization started to rise.

Either way, I think it would get way too complicated trying to figure it if there's any family trees among Immortals.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Either way, I think it would get way too complicated trying to figure it if there's any family trees among Immortals.

The problem here is that noone remembers - Immortals themselves forget and regarding others, well, "older than recorded history" ...

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

There's two possibilities for how Immortals came to be, they either were created by Magic, or maybe they were once mortal as well and ascended thousands of years before Human civilization started to rise.

We know there are other immortal beings beside fairies ; THOSE might've created and/or changed to fairies.

Also, commonly gods are created by humans believing in them (big amount of humans, unless it's on discworld). Fairies MIGHT've been created by humans believing there is someone behind their misfortunes. Note that it's possible that magic rules allowed stuff like that but stopped allowing it in one of previous resets.

And finally, there is option of other universes. While generally other universes only push the problem of creation further in past, it IS possible that fairies were group of beings who obtained the unique set of powers when they entered EGS world.

(Although personally I like the "created by humans" idea more.)

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, commonly gods are created by humans believing in them (big amount of humans, unless it's on discworld).

Gunnerkrigg Court also suggests that.

The whole idea of Human magic users and affinities being due to Immortal+Human having children at one point in the distant past reminds me of how in Stargate Lore when the Ancients abandoned Atlantis in the Pegasus galaxy, most went back to Earth where they had originally settled in the Milky Way.

From the Stargate wikia:

" After their desperate departure from Atlantis 10,000 years ago, the Ancients returned to Earth. Upon their return, the Ancients found Humans in the hunter-gatherer stage of evolution. The Ancients were unable to restart their empire, so many Ancients bred with the native humans to set a path for the future and create future civilizations, while others went on and ascended. "

The results of Ancient+Human interbreeding meant the descendants had the ability to use Ancient technology which the Ancients had keyed to a specific bit of genetic code.

Immortals in EGS could have been like the Ancients at one time, except highly advanced magic users rather than technologically advanced, and some may have ascended to their current forms while others intermixed with the rising Human population.

The trouble with references to "interbreeding" with humans is that usually, that implies the original race of non-humans being replaced by a new race which is part-human and part-other.  In the case of Fairy Immortals, all of the original race would still be present, in addition to the new combined race, and possibly some percentage of pure humans, too.  And with Immortals resetting, they wouldn't even have the emotional tie of knowing that their beloved children are a part of the new society, and thus messing with the new society might be bad for them.

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

The trouble with references to "interbreeding" with humans is that usually, that implies the original race of non-humans being replaced by a new race which is part-human and part-other.  In the case of Fairy Immortals, all of the original race would still be present, in addition to the new combined race, and possibly some percentage of pure humans, too.  And with Immortals resetting, they wouldn't even have the emotional tie of knowing that their beloved children are a part of the new society, and thus messing with the new society might be bad for them.

I get the feeling that either Pandora isn't the only one that had a previous life pass on lies about their kind, or other Immortals just chose to avoid serious relationships with Humans and Pandora took it a step further.

On 8/21/2017 at 1:36 AM, Scotty said:

The results of Ancient+Human interbreeding meant the descendants had the ability to use Ancient technology which the Ancients had keyed to a specific bit of genetic code.

Immortals in EGS could have been like the Ancients at one time, except highly advanced magic users rather than technologically advanced, and some may have ascended to their current forms while others intermixed with the rising Human population.

Unlike Stargate Ancients, EGS fairies didn't lost the ability to "intermix" (have children with) humans.

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

The trouble with references to "interbreeding" with humans is that usually, that implies the original race of non-humans being replaced by a new race which is part-human and part-other.  In the case of Fairy Immortals, all of the original race would still be present, in addition to the new combined race, and possibly some percentage of pure humans, too.

Yes. Except realistically, the number of pure humans should go down really quickly.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I get the feeling that either Pandora isn't the only one that had a previous life pass on lies about their kind, or other Immortals just chose to avoid serious relationships with Humans and Pandora took it a step further.

That feeling is memory you can't recall completely. Mantle of Heka said Most fairies who did know made a point of passing on lies to their reborn selves. Unless he is more crazy than Pandora, that would suggest quite high number. In fact, the minimal number the sentence would make sense with would be five immortals (including Pandora's previous self) knowing and three of them (NOT including Pandora) passing lies, meaning the total number of immortals who passed lies (including Pandora) will be at least four. Definitely not only one.