• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

Question about f!Tedd's form and Edward's aversion

I made a guess over in the comic discussion thread that Edward might be upset about Tedd's female form because she reminds him of his ex-wife, Noriko.

latest?cb=20120720064930latest?cb=20150524020213

My question: has Edward ever seen Tedd in his FV5 form? My reasoning: if f!Tedd merely reminds Edward of Noriko, fv5!Tedd would blow Edward's mind, based on the photos we have. Noriko seems to be the epitome of FV5 form, at least when it comes to her hair. If Edward has never seen his son looking even more like his ex-wife, he might have an aneurysm when he does.

Given that Tedd created the FV5 form to use on himself, it would not surprise me if his dad has seen him in it before now.  However, the probability is something at least a little less than one, meaning there is a chance he hasn't seen it yet.

10 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Given that Tedd created the FV5 form to use on himself, it would not surprise me if his dad has seen him in it before now.  However, the probability is something at least a little less than one, meaning there is a chance he hasn't seen it yet.

Edward did see how Tedd looked FV5'd after Ellen zapped him back in the first Sister arc. All Edward did then was sigh and then think maybe he should have given Tedd a more gender neutral name when he was born.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

All Edward did then was sigh and then think maybe he should have given Tedd a more gender neutral name when he was born.

This tells me that Tedd has been playing with their gender for as long as it was possible for them to do so.  Edward even knew this when he allowed Tedd to have access to the TF gun.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Edward did see how Tedd looked FV5'd after Ellen zapped him back in the first Sister arc. All Edward did then was sigh and then think maybe he should have given Tedd a more gender neutral name when he was born.

I'd forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder. Aneurysm avoided.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

This tells me that Tedd has been playing with their gender for as long as it was possible for them to do so.  Edward even knew this when he allowed Tedd to have access to the TF gun.

Even before Edward was approached by Will and Gill, Tedd had some "strange interests" that made Edward believe that the TFG would be very tempting for Tedd to use.

You know...the more I look at this page, the more I wonder if Edward's behaviour isn't so much that he's being transphobic, but being worried about how others might treat Tedd should they find out about his gender swapping. We know Tedd was worried about what Elliot thought about it and at one point Tedd had a reason to think that. Elliot didn't understand back then why Tedd did it, heck Tedd didn't really understand either, it's quite possible that Edward also doesn't understand, but is thinking more "big picture" in terms of when Tedd is out of high school, going to college, getting a job, etc, and how people might treat him if they knew. It'd be weirdly similar to when Nanase was trying to explain being gay to Akiko, she didn't want to give Akiko ideas about liking girls because she was worried about Akiko going through what her and Justin did. It doesn't make Edward's behaviour about it right, but I am still hopeful that it can be worked out if someone starts really talking about it, whether Edward initiates it himself, or Tedd goes to him, or Grace or Elliot, or even Pandora.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

You know...the more I look at this page, the more I wonder if Edward's behaviour isn't so much that he's being transphobic, but being worried about how others might treat Tedd should they find out about his gender swapping. We know Tedd was worried about what Elliot thought about it and at one point Tedd had a reason to think that. Elliot didn't understand back then why Tedd did it, heck Tedd didn't really understand either, it's quite possible that Edward also doesn't understand, but is thinking more "big picture" in terms of when Tedd is out of high school, going to college, getting a job, etc, and how people might treat him if they knew. It'd be weirdly similar to when Nanase was trying to explain being gay to Akiko, she didn't want to give Akiko ideas about liking girls because she was worried about Akiko going through what her and Justin did. It doesn't make Edward's behaviour about it right, but I am still hopeful that it can be worked out if someone starts really talking about it, whether Edward initiates it himself, or Tedd goes to him, or Grace or Elliot, or even Pandora.

It makes a degree of sense, given Edward's occupation (maintaining a large scale secret like magic AND aliens means he has to regularly consider the wider scope impact of various actions and events), though it doesn't mean he's not being transphobic. Just means to root of why he's being transphobic is shifted from lack of understanding to concern about wider impact of Tedd's choices. Though I do wonder why he hasn't tried talking to Tedd about it before. He's normally open to discussing things with his son (or he'll fake a seizure when asked), so to not talk about such an important topic is odd. Maybe he's worried that the weight of the things that trouble him would undo some to all of the good growth Tedd has gotten from the TFG and his friends. He was certainly worried that finding out about Noriko being a monster hunter would have undone all that good.