• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story, Wednesday, Aug 23, 2017

22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... so, the first bonus seems out. The second likely wouldn't hold long either.

Unless that was the target, but then the goal of making a mess wasn't met very well.

10 minutes ago, partner555 said:

How many of Sirleck's non-aberration minions are aware of their boss's nature, I wonder?

Who says any of them are?  I doubt the secretary he makes dance for him knows.  As for these guys, I think they're both aberrations,one just looks more human than the other.

23 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
35 minutes ago, partner555 said:

How many of Sirleck's non-aberration minions are aware of their boss's nature, I wonder?

Who says any of them are?  I doubt the secretary he makes dance for him knows.  As for these guys, I think they're both aberrations,one just looks more human than the other.

The butler also looked surprised.

And I agree that both these guys are clearly aberrations.

23 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Unless that was the target, but then the goal of making a mess wasn't met very well.

Target is Adrian Raven.

58 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... so, the first bonus seems out. The second likely wouldn't hold long either.

If I'm reading the bounty details right, the part about killing anyone other than the target or those that can summon magic weapons would only apply after the signal to begin the attack is given. So Comically Evil Guy wouldn't apply yet.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

If I'm reading the bounty details right, the part about killing anyone other than the target or those that can summon magic weapons would only apply after the signal to begin the attack is given. So Comically Evil Guy wouldn't apply yet.

Plus they aren't in Mopperville yet.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:
9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Plus they aren't in Mopperville yet.

Hmmmmm ... and the one interpreting the bounty is Sirleck ... ok, bonus may still happen.

I'm wondering why Sirleck, a being that explicitly lacks empathy, cares about collateral deaths. My best guess is that he's worried that Elliot would be one of the individuals that gets killed, which would ruin Magus's bid to get his body back, which would ruin Sirleck's plan to steal Magus's body.

14 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

I'm wondering why Sirleck, a being that explicitly lacks empathy, cares about collateral deaths.

He is afraid of getting in trouble with Madamleck again. Last time he did lots of collateral deaths without inviting her she made him sleep on the sofa for a month.

1 hour ago, Drasvin said:

I'm wondering why Sirleck, a being that explicitly lacks empathy, cares about collateral deaths. My best guess is that he's worried that Elliot would be one of the individuals that gets killed, which would ruin Magus's bid to get his body back, which would ruin Sirleck's plan to steal Magus's body.

I suspect those clauses are things Magus insisted on including.  Sirleck is still pretending to be working *with* Magus and being willing to compromise and play by his rules, even if he doesn't understand them.  Alternately, he could be trying not to draw the attentions of the government or other "good guy" forces who might interfere.  Large numbers of casualties would mean even Arthur Arthur couldn't just stand by and ignore the situation.  He also seems to plan on making further use of them, meaning this attack is step one, not the climax, so he doesn't want them all killing each other.

Given that he does need them all later, I'm starting to doubt that this is going to be an attack on Adrian or Elliot directly.  This first attack is the opening shot, not the final battle.  Which leaves the question of who this initial target is....

6 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
1 hour ago, Drasvin said:

I suspect those clauses are things Magus insisted on including.  Sirleck is still pretending to be working *with* Magus and being willing to compromise and play by his rules, even if he doesn't understand them.  Alternately, he could be trying not to draw the attentions of the government or other "good guy" forces who might interfere.  Large numbers of casualties would mean even Arthur Arthur couldn't just stand by and ignore the situation.  He also seems to plan on making further use of them, meaning this attack is step one, not the climax, so he doesn't want them all killing each other.

Given that he does need them all later, I'm starting to doubt that this is going to be an attack on Adrian or Elliot directly.  This first attack is the opening shot, not the final battle.  Which leaves the question of who this initial target is....

That's true, Magus could have insisted on minimizing casualties. The large amounts of damage is likely to draw the attention of the government and other "good guy" forces though. Maybe not Arthur J Arthur's division, but regular police and various good Samaritans would certainly pay attention. Which would also serve the ultimate purpose of giving Magus a solid chance to get Ellen to zap Elliot, as anyone that would interfere with Magus's actions are going to be busy paying attention and dealing with the aberrations causing havoc. Also, I'm not sure he necessarily plans on making further use of them. The wording of the bonuses states that aberrations usually don't work together without incentive. Which, if the target is Adrian, the aberrations are going to need teamwork to have a chance of killing him. Without the proper incentive, the aberrations are just going to go at him piecemeal, which would likely fail and alert him to the threat, giving him a chance to be ready against further attacks, at least after the second or third one attacks him.

7 hours ago, Drasvin said:

That's true, Magus could have insisted on minimizing casualties.

Definitely.

The large amounts of damage is likely to draw the attention of the government and other "good guy" forces though. Maybe not Arthur J Arthur's division, but regular police and various good Samaritans would certainly pay attention. Which would also serve the ultimate purpose of giving Magus a solid chance to get Ellen to zap Elliot, as anyone that would interfere with Magus's actions are going to be busy paying attention and dealing with the aberrations causing havoc.

Exactly, drawing attention is the objective after all.

Also, I'm not sure he necessarily plans on making further use of them.

If he does he is very optimistic. I don't think any would survive. I mean, unless Pandora will hurry, she wouldn't have anyone left to kill herself.

But, frankly, I think both Sirleck and Magus expect most of aberrations will die and Sirleck doesn't exactly mind never paying most of that money.

The wording of the bonuses states that aberrations usually don't work together without incentive. Which, if the target is Adrian, the aberrations are going to need teamwork to have a chance of killing him. Without the proper incentive, the aberrations are just going to go at him piecemeal, which would likely fail and alert him to the threat, giving him a chance to be ready against further attacks, at least after the second or third one attacks him.

Yes, that seems likely. Also, I suspect that without this incentive lot of aberrations would attack each other, or at least not care about "friendly" fire.