• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Friday, Aug 25 2017

43 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Yeah, she might have some ideas that she is sure of now.

However, the most important point was already touched by Hanma - namely, "until they finish the game", meaning it's temporary.

... although "what if they fail to finish the game" is the next question.

Temporary or not, transforming people without their consent is Not Ok. I expect Susan's first piece of advice to be to remove the word "unsuspecting". Anyone who plays this game needs to know in advance what they're getting into, at least in general terms, and to be able to end it for themselves at any time if they change their mind (which may be advice piece #2).

1 hour ago, Douglas said:

Temporary or not, transforming people without their consent is Not Ok. I expect Susan's first piece of advice to be to remove the word "unsuspecting". Anyone who plays this game needs to know in advance what they're getting into, at least in general terms, and to be able to end it for themselves at any time if they change their mind (which may be advice piece #2).

Consent: obviously.

Any time: I don't think it needs to be literally any time, as long it's not dangerous which it shouldn't be anyway. There can be something like penalty minimal time, to provide incentive to keep playing. But of course this needs to be part of that "in advance" they consent to.

The game needs a universal Safeword.  Say that word or give that signal, and everything stops immediately and all transformations are undone.  Whether that applies to the whole game or just the person who safeworded is the only question.

42 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

The game needs a universal Safeword.  Say that word or give that signal, and everything stops immediately and all transformations are undone.  Whether that applies to the whole game or just the person who safeworded is the only question.

Life itself needs a universal Safeword.

13 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

but nobody promises that life will be fun.

That's true.  The unalienable right is "pursuit of happiness".  Nothing says you will get it.

Of course in the first draft, it was the pursuit of property, which cast a whole other shadow.

So many choice words, but she sure does want to cue the theme music with that.

At least it will be a better one, in theory.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Life itself needs a universal Safeword.

Single word which stops life and get you out of it? ... euthanasia?

5 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

but nobody promises that life will be fun.

I think I saw several advertisement on this topic. Like, drink this beverage and live will be fun. (And the beverage wasn't even alcoholic if I remember correctly).

Of course, there was also that famous person promising blood, sweat and tears.

53 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Of course, there was also that famous person promising blood, sweat and tears.

And toil, don't forget the toil.