• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Story Monday September 4, 2017

So that is how Diane's hair looks like. Odd way to start the day, but eh.

2-3 inches of difference is not that towering. 4+ is. Worry first if the first impression is that she sounds the same.

1 hour ago, Stature said:

Worry first if the first impression is that she sounds the same.

Diane's already been told Susan and her sound the same. I think Nanasa and Ellen would have told Diane about why Susan would be taller though I can't find anything in comic about it, it could have been off panel between this page and this page.

As far as the rest goes, both Diane and Susan are worried about how the other would see them, I mean it's not completely irrational as they've had hint about what the other is like from Ellen and Justin, well, in Justin's case he tried to brush off the subject but Susan could still make an assumption that Justin might not think highly of Diane, but Susan probably has less of a clue what to expect from Diane.

And as for Rhea, I would suspect she'd be thrilled to hear that Diane might have found a biological relative, I don't see Rhea as the type that would take offense to it, she'd probably want Diane to feel the same way if she was given that opportunity.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I think Nanase and Ellen would have told Diane about why Susan would be taller though I can't find anything in comic about it, it could have been off panel between this page and this page.

Rhea and Charlotte actually work as nice stand-ins of Susan.

So we expect a ton of awkward silences then.

)And now the most important question about today's comic:

How long does it take Susan and Diane to dry their long hair after a shower?

As far as we know, neither has a hair-drying spell. Hair fairies? I thought they were only in QAs. Seriously, even with Princess Vespa's megadryer (the one that takes up a whole trunk in Spaceballs) it would take a pretty long time to dry, brush, and comb all that long hair. Haven't shower caps been invented in the EGS universe? If they shower every school morning, that means getting up significantly earlier to handle all that hair care.

Diane, I would think that after this page Rhea should know.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

As far as we know, neither has a hair-drying spell. Hair fairies?

Well Susan DOES have fairies around her hair now ...

Also, she's working on getting hair spell!

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Haven't shower caps been invented in the EGS universe?

... would that really help with this long hair?

EDIT: Speaking about drying hair ... what about using Van de Graaff generator? Can it dry hair? Or does it not even work on wet hair?

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

)And now the most important question about today's comic:

How long does it take Susan and Diane to dry their long hair after a shower?

As far as we know, neither has a hair-drying spell. Hair fairies? I thought they were only in QAs. Seriously, even with Princess Vespa's megadryer (the one that takes up a whole trunk in Spaceballs) it would take a pretty long time to dry, brush, and comb all that long hair. Haven't shower caps been invented in the EGS universe? If they shower every school morning, that means getting up significantly earlier to handle all that hair care.

When I had hair that long, it was actually a lot easier to manage.  I'd usually wash it before bed, put a towel over my pillow, and let it dry overnight.  If I washed it during the day, I'd wrap it up in a towel and let it blot dry.  It might be a bit damp after I unwrapped it, but it was long enough, and thus heavy enough, that it didn't go anywhere so I could just put a towel around my shoulders if it wasn't dry yet and go on about my business.  Now, with shorter hair, I have to blow dry it, or if I just let it dry on my pillow it ends up sticking up every which way.  The only real down side to thick long hair was spending more on shampoo and conditioner.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

... would [shower caps] really help with this long hair?

Yeah, if you don't need to wash it, just braid it, curl it in a bun, and stick a pencil or some bobby pins in to hold it in place.  Then a shower cap can cover it no problem.  But it does need to get washed just as often as short hair does.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

EDIT: Speaking about drying hair ... what about using Van de Graaff generator? Can it dry hair? Or does it not even work on wet hair?

Dunno about wet hair, but I always found those things couldn't lift my super long hair.  Too much weight per strand, I guess.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... would [shower caps] really help with this long hair?

Yeah, if you don't need to wash it, just braid it, curl it in a bun, and stick a pencil or some bobby pins in to hold it in place.  Then a shower cap can cover it no problem.  But it does need to get washed just as often as short hair does.

To rephrase, can this long hair be put in bun? Without sticking daggers in it, presumably.

If it only needs to get washed as often as short hair ... well, I wash my body more often than my hair.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Dunno about wet hair, but I always found those things couldn't lift my super long hair.  Too much weight per strand, I guess.

Too weak generator, you mean. :) You need to test the strong one.

On 9/4/2017 at 6:20 AM, AFNB said:

First thought that I had was about this:

Comic for Monday

"Oh god it's Friday. WHY IS IT FRIDAY."

This amused me for some reason.

And the answer is, of course, that after Tuesday even the calendar said WTF.

On 9/4/2017 at 11:11 PM, hkmaly said:

To rephrase, can this long hair be put in bun? Without sticking daggers in it, presumably.

Um, yeah, isn't that what I just said?  My hair was that long, and I could easily braid it, wrap the braid into a bun, and pin it in place with either a few bobby pins or a pencil or somesuch stuck through it.  Put the shower cap over that and you're good to go.

If it only needs to get washed as often as short hair ... well, I wash my body more often than my hair.

My hair needs washing a lot more often now that it's short.  Not sure why, maybe I'm not able to brush it and redistribute the natural oils along the full length anymore?

Too weak generator, you mean. :) You need to test the strong one.

Can't speak to that.  Only times I tried, it couldn't lift it all, or even hold it up if someine lifted it up manually.  And there was one time a teacher started up one of these electrical gizmos, and I started getting zapped enough that I left the room.  Never happened any other time, not sure why it did that time.

20 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
On 9/5/2017 at 6:11 AM, hkmaly said:

Um, yeah, isn't that what I just said?  My hair was that long, and I could easily braid it, wrap the braid into a bun, and pin it in place with either a few bobby pins or a pencil or somesuch stuck through it.  Put the shower cap over that and you're good to go.

Sorry, yes it is what you said. I guess I needed confirmation that you actually tried with that long hair.

36 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Sorry, yes it is what you said. I guess I needed confirmation that you actually tried with that long hair.

My hair was long enough that I could sit on the end of the braid when it was braided.  If you're not familiar with braiding hair, it usually shortens it by at least a third.  I will admit that my hair wasn't as thick (meaning individual strands) or full (meaning number of hairs per square inch / total number of hairs present) as some friends I've had who were of Indian or Native American descent, but Susan isn't either of those, either.  ;-)

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

My hair was long enough that I could sit on the end of the braid when it was braided.  If you're not familiar with braiding hair, it usually shortens it by at least a third.  I will admit that my hair wasn't as thick (meaning individual strands) or full (meaning number of hairs per square inch / total number of hairs present) as some friends I've had who were of Indian or Native American descent, but Susan isn't either of those, either.  ;-)

Susan may not be Native American descent, but her hair is now naturally blue ; arguing with real-life experience might not be reliable :)

But she doesn't LOOK like having that much hair volume in comics, so I'm accepting she would be able to bun it and hide under shower cap.

Also, we started to talk about Diane, and HER hair might still be unaffected by magic.

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Susan may not be Native American descent, but her hair is now naturally blue ; arguing with real-life experience might not be reliable :)

But she doesn't LOOK like having that much hair volume in comics, so I'm accepting she would be able to bun it and hide under shower cap.

Also, we started to talk about Diane, and HER hair might still be unaffected by magic.

Trust me, fuller or thicker hair is easier to get into a braid or bun than fine, thin hair is.  One reason I eventually gave in and cut it -- over the years it got finer and thinner, and just wasn't as easy to manage and didn't look as good loose or braided.

11 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Trust me, fuller or thicker hair is easier to get into a braid or bun than fine, thin hair is.  One reason I eventually gave in and cut it -- over the years it got finer and thinner, and just wasn't as easy to manage and didn't look as good loose or braided.

I always had baby-fine hair.  I tried growing it out and...ugh.  Wouldn't make a decent pony tail.

14 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

It may be easier but the bun will be bigger.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It may be easier but the bun will be bigger.

Yes, but shower caps stretch and some are bigger than others.  Plus, if your hair is up out of the way, you can wash the rest of you and not put your head under the water flow; only the outer layer gets a little damp from the odd reflected spray and that's trivial to dry off after.