• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Friday September 8, 2017

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well, Voltaire did call his plan a complicated mess, it certainly sounds likely to live up to it's name.

Yes--but Voltaire also told himself that Plan A was going even better than he'd anticipated. The only thing we really know about Plan A is that Tedd is a key element in it. Whichever way things go, I think Tedd is going to out-awesome everyone else before the end of Sister III.

4 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Yes--but Voltaire also told himself that Plan A was going even better than he'd anticipated.

That was before Pandora tried to save it. Sure, she wasn't exactly defending magic, but Tedd feels much better now.

4 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Whichever way things go, I think Tedd is going to out-awesome everyone else before the end of Sister III.

He didn't yet?

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:
38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That was before Pandora tried to save it. Sure, she wasn't exactly defending magic, but Tedd feels much better now.

There's still plenty of things that could happen to set Tedd towards the dark side again, like a bad confrontation with Edward or something.

Maybe, but he's also aware of the dark side now.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Yeah, but he doesn't know what his second purpose is so (and neither do we still) so who knows what Tedd might do in the heat of the moment that's favorable to Voltaire's "plan A".  Wasn't Anakin warned about the dark side?

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:
10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, but he doesn't know what his second purpose is so (and neither do we still) so who knows what Tedd might do in the heat of the moment that's favorable to Voltaire's "plan A".  Wasn't Anakin warned about the dark side?

Well, yes, but in very unclear terms. "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." is deep philosophy, but not that useful as warning. (Or wait, was this only told to Luke?)

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well, yes, but in very unclear terms. "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." is deep philosophy, but not that useful as warning. (Or wait, was this only told to Luke?)

No, it was only told to Anakin.

Mind you, it proved to be absolutely true. Yoda was afraid of what would happen if they trained Anakin. Later on, the Jedi Council feared what Anakin might become and kept circumscribing him with limitations that made him more and more dissatisfied with his situation and slowly drove him into Palpatine's fold.

"Mmmm. Hard to see the Dark Side is, when old and senile you are."

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

No, it was only told to Anakin.

Mind you, it proved to be absolutely true. Yoda was afraid of what would happen if they trained Anakin. Later on, the Jedi Council feared what Anakin might become and kept circumscribing him with limitations that made him more and more dissatisfied with his situation and slowly drove him into Palpatine's fold.

"Mmmm. Hard to see the Dark Side is, when old and senile you are."

Yeah, that seemed to be more a situation of fear as an external driving force to the dark side, rather than an internal force. Also how many self fulfilling prophecies turn out, being told that something will happen, but not how it will happen, leading to the attempts to prevent it actually being the cause.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, that seemed to be more a situation of fear as an external driving force to the dark side, rather than an internal force. Also how many self fulfilling prophecies turn out, being told that something will happen, but not how it will happen, leading to the attempts to prevent it actually being the cause.

That, or the entire Jedi Council was a bunch of ossified hidebound imaginationless has-beens. I lean towards the latter.

52 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

That, or the entire Jedi Council was a bunch of ossified hidebound imaginationless has-beens. I lean towards the latter.

I had figured that way of thinking was due to them being a bunch of ossified hidebound imaginationless has-beens, since it eventually lead to the demise of the council.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

"Et tu Yoda shirt?"

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I had figured that way of thinking was due to them being a bunch of ossified hidebound imaginationless has-beens, since it eventually lead to the demise of the council.

Yeah ... I see no conflict between "attempts to prevent it actually being the cause" and most of Jedi Council being "bunch of ossified hidebound imaginationless has-beens", so I think both are true. Were true. I just think that Yoda, despite being on council, wasn't that much ossified, though - he was just giving in to peer pressure.

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

You could also I suppose call the Jedi Council "A bunch of mindless jerks who were the first against the wall when the revolution came."

38 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

You could also I suppose call the Jedi Council "A bunch of mindless jerks who were the first against the wall when the revolution came."

I don't think you can call Jedi mindless, there was no wall involved and while coup is technically also revolution, I think the revolution in that phrase refers to actual mob-based revolution.

21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think you can call Jedi mindless, there was no wall involved and while coup is technically also revolution, I think the revolution in that phrase refers to actual mob-based revolution.

Probably but I found the comparison amusing. 

On 9/13/2017 at 3:32 AM, CritterKeeper said:

OT, my favorite Yoda shirt was in a pet store, in size X-Small, reading, "Size matters not.  Judge me by my size, do you?"

Still could work in any size. "Size matters not, but of the heart".