• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
partner555

Story Monday Sep 11 2017

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

So if we don't count fairies, Diane and Susan are even, touchy-wise.

On panel, possibly, although it's interesting detail. However, Susan was on much more panels, so there would be big difference in ratio of touch / no touch panels, and what's more important, we might actually saw ALL cases Susan was hugging someone, while Diane was likely hugging lot of people off panel. Like all those boys she got money from. And touching even more of them - that examples with Rhoda in both Death Sentence and End of an Era are they typical interaction, they likely touched similarly every time they got together, and they are friends for years.

Also, you totally forgot Diane touching Rhoda here in Hidden Genesis. On the other hand, you also forgot Susan touching Tedd in Shadows After Dark, although I'm not sure if this really counts.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

By Jove, you're right, I missed that head-pat, and a bad mistake it was, because it's one of my favorite comics. It's also the maybe the only comic that suggests Lucy's attitude toward Rhoda is really jealously because Rhoda gets fondly touched and Lucy doesn't.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

On the other hand, you also forgot Susan touching Tedd in Shadows After Dark, although I'm not sure if this really counts.

Hmmm. Kind of on the edge, that one. One could group it with all the times Susan has used hammers (not that many; I think, at least "on screen.") On the other, it's distinctly less painful than the hammers. I did think of including this instance of Diane touching a humanoid, but it was more sluggy than touchy.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

On the other hand, you also forgot Susan touching Tedd in Shadows After Dark, although I'm not sure if this really counts.

You also forgot Susan shaking Tedd's hand in Sister II, and Susan shaking Tensaided's hand in There be Whales Here.

I don't really consider shaking hands or hand on shoulder as counting for the physical contact that Susan (and presumably Diane) doesn't like in terms of Susan using hand sanitizer after shaking Tensaided's hand, Diane at least shares that quirk as well.

Diane might be a bit more accepting of physical contact with people she really cares about (Rhoda, Rhea), but I don't think any of her dates ever got physical I'm not even sure if she's kissed any of the boys she's strung along. Elliot might have been the first guy she considered getting physical with, after watching the review show that is, it did seem like she was going to string him along with no pressure of needing to get physical when she initially found out about him.

13 hours ago, demonhunter said:

Justin forgot the most important thing.

"No touchy"

Some things people just need to experience for themselves first, and a warning will not suffice. 

That and it might have come up in the review show at some point.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

I don't really consider shaking hands or hand on shoulder as counting for the physical contact that Susan (and presumably Diane) doesn't like in terms of Susan using hand sanitizer after shaking Tensaided's hand, Diane at least shares that quirk as well.

Diane never used hand sanitizer and only time she was concerned about cleanness was on toilet. Sure, neither Diane nor Grace were there for the reason people usually go on toilet (or at least why MEN usually go - not sure what else women may be doing there) but Diane didn't knew that.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

but I don't think any of her dates ever got physical I'm not even sure if she's kissed any of the boys she's strung along. Elliot might have been the first guy she considered getting physical with, after watching the review show that is, it did seem like she was going to string him along with no pressure of needing to get physical when she initially found out about him.

I don't believe she would get far without touching anyone. Considering their age, I find more likely hugging and kissing don't count and the "need to get physical" was related to some of her dates already pressing for more - something involving genitals. Which, obviously, made her dump him quickly because she's not THAT kind of girl.

6 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

That and it might have come up in the review show at some point.

That's possible. However, if it didn't come out explicitly, her being with Elliot might be giving incorrect idea about how "no touchy" she is.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Diane never used hand sanitizer and only time she was concerned about cleanness was on toilet. Sure, neither Diane nor Grace were there for the reason people usually go on toilet (or at least why MEN usually go - not sure what else women may be doing there) but Diane didn't knew that.

Still, Diane's reaction is still one that I can see Susan doing. But like I said Diane does seem to have an easier time with physical contact, at least with certain people, while we don't know how her childhood was, it might be possible she didn't like being touched at all either and started working on that before Susan did. I dunno, without commentary for that page I'm only speculating that Dan was trying to play up the similarities between Diane and Susan after it was pointed out in comic earlier.

24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't believe she would get far without touching anyone. Considering their age, I find more likely hugging and kissing don't count and the "need to get physical" was related to some of her dates already pressing for more - something involving genitals. Which, obviously, made her dump him quickly because she's not THAT kind of girl.

Maybe, maybe not, she might have used the promise of kissing and such to get guys to buy things for her, but it's possible she always found some way out of it. Though it is also possible she might have been more physical as part of the act if a particular guy could be milked (pardon the analogy and it should be noted that she was with Derek for at least 2 months as we saw her with him on the week of Halloween, and then again on the week of Christmas) for a while, not saying she'd have done anything sexual, but cuddling and kissing and petting might have occurred, after which she might have had a cold shower. That would have been incentive enough to go after Elliot at first, no pressure from him for physical romance and she'd be able to get him to do anything she wanted.

Thing to keep in mind is Diane never had or wanted any emotional connection with the guys she strung along, any physical contact was a means to an end, and as I said, she saw Elliot on the review show and started thinking differently.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Still, Diane's reaction is still one that I can see Susan doing. But like I said Diane does seem to have an easier time with physical contact, at least with certain people, while we don't know how her childhood was, it might be possible she didn't like being touched at all either and started working on that before Susan did. I dunno, without commentary for that page I'm only speculating that Dan was trying to play up the similarities between Diane and Susan after it was pointed out in comic earlier.

I think it was other way around - that it was Susan who developed her reaction to physical contact due to her traumatic childhood. Diane didn't have that much money but her childhood was less problematic AND she had sister.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Maybe, maybe not, she might have used the promise of kissing and such to get guys to buy things for her, but it's possible she always found some way out of it.

It would get known between the boys.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Though it is also possible she might have been more physical as part of the act if a particular guy could be milked (pardon the analogy and it should be noted that she was with Derek for at least 2 months as we saw her with him on the week of Halloween, and then again on the week of Christmas) for a while, not saying she'd have done anything sexual, but cuddling and kissing and petting might have occurred, after which she might have had a cold shower.

It's true that just because she was doing it doesn't mean she liked it ...

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

That would have been incentive enough to go after Elliot at first, no pressure from him for physical romance and she'd be able to get him to do anything she wanted.

... but it's unlikely she would assume she can avoid even cuddling and kissing with Elliot. On the other hand, she's visiting the other school, so she might not saw Elliot kissing Sarah ...

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Thing to keep in mind is Diane never had or wanted any emotional connection with the guys she strung along, any physical contact was a means to an end, and as I said, she saw Elliot on the review show and started thinking differently.

Lot of girls have no problem having no emotional connection with boys they go all the way with (although boys are better known for it). But yes, not only she didn't wanted the emotional connection, she didn't needed the physical contact from them either. I just think she also didn't had any problem with it (although as I already noted, it's also possible she didn't liked it and was just pretending).