• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Star Trek DS9 versus B5

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I started to think, there, that it would be interesting to see an older, more mature Chekov appear in a later Star Trek series, but I then realized how terribly tempting it would be to make his character more like Bester.  Granted, it might be cool to see a Chekov who was more like Thomas Riker than William T. Riker, Thomas having broken the mould of everyone who was ever on the Enterprise eventually becoming an admiral.  I'm pretty sure it would cause screaming and flame warring and a Trek equivalent of Clan Denial.

I though Walter did a pretty good job of being a mature Chekov in the Trek films, in the series you could tell he was a rookie officer, but in the films you could tell he had years of experience.

Frakes did a pretty good job at portraying both William and Thomas. It made sense for Thomas to be the way he was because of the situation he was in, he thought more about surviving as well as the people he cared about, while William end up focusing more on career. (incidentally I wonder if the William/Thomas plot was inspiration for Elliot/Ellen, considering the latter are duplicates of the former, and Thomas ended up going rogue though Ellen failed to go rogue)

To be honest though, I think Brent Spiner was the most creative in terms of the number of different character types he could portray, not only did he do the Data/Lore stuff really well, but there was that one episode where Data took on the personalities of numerous people from an ancient civilization.

Koenig guest-starred as Chekov on one of the fan-produced Trek series.  I forget which one or the episode.  It was a short bit but he did reprise the character one last time after the movies.

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Koenig guest-starred as Chekov on one of the fan-produced Trek series.  I forget which one or the episode.  It was a short bit but he did reprise the character one last time after the movies.

I am still very fond of the man. He may not have achieved top tier fame but he is so very good at what he does. Mind you, at times I wonder at the poor man's luck. He once played the part of an evil AI in a very bad hacker movie called 'Game Over.' For some reason the producers of this execrable disaster thought it was a good idea to have Koenig's voice dubbed over with that of an electronically distorted manic ten-year-old with no acting talent whatsoever. It is enough to make me cry. The one good actor they had and they had to remove his own voice from his acting.