• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Story Friday September 15, 2017

I think New Jerry is acting on more than Old Jerry's vow. Did someone have a little talk with him recently?

Speaking of the "who", who is Jerry chewing out in the last panel? The person who dropped the soda? Or himself for somehow making that person drop the soda?

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Speaking of the "who", who is Jerry chewing out in the last panel? The person who dropped the soda? Or himself for somehow making that person drop the soda?

Sounds like he's yelling at himself, maybe he was in physical form a moment earlier and dropped it on accident cus of nerves? Though is he expecting something to happen to Susan at school that he's put off checking on Diane, or was soda spillage it?

Just now, detrius said:

So yeah, the scary people who had Jerry in their grasp the last time we saw him?

Definitely Helena and Demetrius.

Only Pandora could make Jerry 2.0 that anxious to make sure Susan stays safe.

Just now, Scotty said:

Only Pandora could make Jerry 2.0 that anxious to make sure Susan stays safe.

Do we have any canon that

1. Jerry 2.0 knows about Pandora
  2. Pandora knows about Susan

I don't think we do.

Just now, mlooney said:

I don't think we do.

Pandora's the only Immortal we've seen do the whole multi-headed scary monster routine. And Pandora recently learned that a previous self lied about something that greatly affects Adrian and that she had seen the evidence in front of her the whole time and never questioned it before. I can't believe that the lie would be anything else but that Elves couldn't have children.

I maintain that Pandora had seen Susan and Diane many times before just because of who they're around a lot (Adrian likely taught Diane in a class or two and Susan hanging around Tedd) and there was something familiar about them to her but she ignored it because "nah, that's not possible".  But after hearing about the fact that she lied to herself about Elves having children, she went to Susan's for proof because she would have remembered that familiarity she sensed in Susan, and then she found Jerry 2.0 and not knowing why he'd be there spying on possible family, she went Mama Bear mode to greet him.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I don't think we do.

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2339

One of the comics Dan linked shows Jerry the 2nd mentioning the other four Immortals watching these kids. The most likely four being Pandora, Helena, Demetrius and Voltaire.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

But after hearing about the fact that she lied to herself about Elves having children, she went to Susan's for proof because she would have remembered that familiarity she sensed in Susan, and then she found Jerry 2.0 and not knowing why he'd be there spying on possible family, she went Mama Bear mode to greet him.

That makes sense.  I'll run with that as head canon until proven otherwise.

Between Elliot and Jerry, emotions seem to be running a little high in today's comic. I can understand Jerry's case, he's under a lot of stress having to keep on eye on both Susan and Diane and whatever he had a chat about with the scary cloud monster that may or may not have been Pandora over. Ellliot, on the other hand, I feel is being a little over-reactive. While it's entirely possible that someone dropped a full bottle of soda and decided "Oh well, not my problem," it's also possible that the person that made the mess left to get cleaning supplies to clean up the mess. It's rare when messes like that happen within easy view of cleaning materials.

1 hour ago, Drasvin said:

Between Elliot and Jerry, emotions seem to be running a little high in today's comic. I can understand Jerry's case, he's under a lot of stress having to keep on eye on both Susan and Diane and whatever he had a chat about with the scary cloud monster that may or may not have been Pandora over. Ellliot, on the other hand, I feel is being a little over-reactive. While it's entirely possible that someone dropped a full bottle of soda and decided "Oh well, not my problem," it's also possible that the person that made the mess left to get cleaning supplies to clean up the mess. It's rare when messes like that happen within easy view of cleaning materials.

I suspect Elliot's emotions are quite simply running high in general. What with all that is going on he is under quite a bit of stress and sometimes that can escape when it finds any vent at all. I know that when I am stressed, I react much more angrily to things like that than I normally do.

Of course, he might return to the mess only to find the 'guilty' party already cleaning it up. That has happened to me once or twice, too. It usually serves to deflate my righteous anger and remind me to not fly off the handle. :icon_eek:

26 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Of course, he might return to the mess only to find the 'guilty' party already cleaning it up. That has happened to me once or twice, too. It usually serves to deflate my righteous anger and remind me to not fly off the handle. :icon_eek:

So who could be a "guilty party' interesting enough to rate an actual depiction of such a scene? Not some new character, but someone who's involved with Elliot in some prior way. I have some candidates:

1. Tony has been shown as an ass in so many ways, and yet he was Elliot's bud once upon a time. I immediately thought of him as a suspect, and so I think would Elliot. But what if Elliot discovers Tony actually doing exactly the right thing for a change?
  2. "Ronin", Tony's sidekick. Either trying to clean up Tony's mess or his own would be very believable behavior, and Ronin would be nervous, especially encountering an angry Elliot alone.
  3. Sam would be a most interesting choice. We'd get the chance to see Sam as a girl. As far as we know Elliot has never met Sam-the-Friday-night "guy" and with several thousand students at Moperville North (like Dan's real high school in Naperville), there's no particular reason Elliot would remember him/her. It would also bring a wonderful opportunity for Sarah to show up wanting to talk with Elliot and either sort of recognizing or not having a clue that Sam the girl is the "guy" she has a not-date with tonight. Plus, Sam is the number-one suspect as the allegedly transgender individual who sent that request for help that so affected Elliot earlier in the week.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

So who could be a "guilty party' interesting enough to rate an actual depiction of such a scene? Not some new character, but someone who's involved with Elliot in some prior way. I have some candidates:

1. Tony has been shown as an ass in so many ways, and yet he was Elliot's bud once upon a time. I immediately thought of him as a suspect, and so I think would Elliot. But what if Elliot discovers Tony actually doing exactly the right thing for a change?
  2. "Ronin", Tony's sidekick. Either trying to clean up Tony's mess or his own would be very believable behavior, and Ronin would be nervous, especially encountering an angry Elliot alone.
  3. Sam would be a most interesting choice. We'd get the chance to see Sam as a girl. As far as we know Elliot has never met Sam-the-Friday-night "guy" and with several thousand students at Moperville North (like Dan's real high school in Naperville), there's no particular reason Elliot would remember him/her. It would also bring a wonderful opportunity for Sarah to show up wanting to talk with Elliot and either sort of recognizing or not having a clue that Sam the girl is the "guy" she has a not-date with tonight. Plus, Sam is the number-one suspect as the allegedly transgender individual who sent that request for help that so affected Elliot earlier in the week.

4. Jerry 2.0 sounds like he's cursing himself for dropping the bottle, not sure why he'd have a bottle a soda to begin with though but if he's on edge about keeping Susan safe he could have been startled enough by something to drop it.

What's interesting to think about, is if Dan didn't reveal Jerry 2.0 here, we'd probably have assumed that the soda spill and out of thin air warning might have been another Immortal or someone with the intent of splitting Elliot and Susan up in much the same way someone kept Justin and Noah from talking in school.

5. Hanma dropped the soda and Jerry 2.0 is calling her clumsy while she's off panel. Yeah this is a wild one but we know she exists in canon and while her interaction with Jerry 2.0 was non canon, I'd wonder if she would track him down like that in a canon setting.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
  1. Plus, Sam is the number-one suspect as the allegedly transgender individual who sent that request for help that so affected Elliot earlier in the week.

I'm pretty sure Sam is the only transgender person we know of in or around Moperville.

However, considering the size of the high schools, it's virtually certain that there are more just in high school - let alone of other ages.

And while there's a better-than-even chance that the email in question came from someone in an English-speaking country, and a pretty good chance it came from somewhere in the US, there's no specific reason to think that the sender lives in or near Moperville.

My first bet would be that the sender will never be revealed - or seen. That the importance of the email is in its effect on Elliot and crew, not in who sent it.

(On the other hand, my second bet would be on Sam. Conservation of detail.)

32 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

I'm pretty sure Sam is the only transgender person we know of in or around Moperville.

Well, that depends on how you define "transgender." If it means what Grace told Tedd it means in Squirrel Prophet, then Sam is the only transgender person we know of in or around Moperville. I don't think any of the gay characters have shown any signs of wanting to be the opposite sex; both Justin and Luke have demonstrated distaste for changing sex to be acceptable to the men they are attracted to. Tedd and maybe now Elliot are gender fluid, but neither feels trapped in the wrong physical gender.

32 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

(On the other hand, my second bet would be on Sam. Conservation of detail.)

Sam would really be my first bet. Conservation of effort. When Dan creates a character, even a minor one, he's shown a tendency to bring them back and expand them. The biggest example of this is, of course, Susan herself. I think it's a fair bet that Sam's cover will be completely blown before the end of Sister III. This could set up a triangle between Sam, Sarah, and Cecil. Remember Cecil? Neither did I; he appears in Identity. Or perhaps a pentagon with the addition of Tedd and of course Grace. Maybe it will be all resolved in Sister IV: A New Mope.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

On the other hand, my second bet would be on Sam. Conservation of detail

Which I think we can agree that The Dan doesn't follow.

50 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Or perhaps a pentagon with the addition of Tedd and of course Grace.

Or maybe the OTT will agree that Sarah can belong to more than one triad, so the will be the "Sarah's secondary threesome" made up of Sarah, Sam and Cecil.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Or maybe the OTT will agree that Sarah can belong to more than one triad, so the will be the "Sarah's secondary threesome" made up of Sarah, Sam and Cecil.

Wouldn't that be the One True Pentagon?

Jerry's alive!

12 hours ago, Scotty said:
13 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Sounds like he's yelling at himself, maybe he was in physical form a moment earlier and dropped it on accident cus of nerves? Though is he expecting something to happen to Susan at school that he's put off checking on Diane, or was soda spillage it?

I have another theory: what if he dropped the soda DELIBERATELY to slow them down and prevent them from encountering something else?

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

What's interesting to think about, is if Dan didn't reveal Jerry 2.0 here, we'd probably have assumed that the soda spill and out of thin air warning might have been another Immortal or someone with the intent of splitting Elliot and Susan up in much the same way someone kept Justin and Noah from talking in school.

... didn't stopped me :)

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

5. Hanma dropped the soda and Jerry 2.0 is calling her clumsy while she's off panel. Yeah this is a wild one but we know she exists in canon and while her interaction with Jerry 2.0 was non canon, I'd wonder if she would track him down like that in a canon setting.

Hmmmm ....

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Pandora's the only Immortal we've seen do the whole multi-headed scary monster routine. And Pandora recently learned that a previous self lied about something that greatly affects Adrian and that she had seen the evidence in front of her the whole time and never questioned it before. I can't believe that the lie would be anything else but that Elves couldn't have children.

I maintain that Pandora had seen Susan and Diane many times before just because of who they're around a lot (Adrian likely taught Diane in a class or two and Susan hanging around Tedd) and there was something familiar about them to her but she ignored it because "nah, that's not possible".  But after hearing about the fact that she lied to herself about Elves having children, she went to Susan's for proof because she would have remembered that familiarity she sensed in Susan, and then she found Jerry 2.0 and not knowing why he'd be there spying on possible family, she went Mama Bear mode to greet him.

Makes sense. If there would be just two faces, Helena and Demetrius would be an option, but I don't think those two would do three faces.

And I would also expect that Pandora spied on Adrian and Tedd often enough before. Also, as I already mentioned, I would suppose she was doing background check on every Tedd's friend, just like Edward did. With her abilities she may be only one who can actually confirm Susan and Diane are twins ... if they are twins, of course.

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

What about Felix? Here's the actual mention of Felix being transgender.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I have another theory: what if he dropped the soda DELIBERATELY to slow them down and prevent them from encountering something else?

... didn't stopped me :)

But why would Jerry 2.0 curse about it like he nearly screwed up something?

And I would also expect that Pandora spied on Adrian and Tedd often enough before. Also, as I already mentioned, I would suppose she was doing background check on every Tedd's friend, just like Edward did. With her abilities she may be only one who can actually confirm Susan and Diane are twins ... if they are twins, of course.

Yeah, that's my thinking as well, she would have done her own background check of Tedd's friends, but wasn't thorough enough initially with Susan because she probably figured the family resemblance was coincidental. Maybe she even had the thought of "she could be Adrian's grand daughter if not for the fact he can't have children." I do wonder if Pandora ran across Susan's dad at one point in the past. I suspect the chances are slim since the Pompoms had no interactions with the Verres or Adrian say, 14 years or so ago, so I dunno.

Bit of a wild....something here, both Tedd's and Susan's parents divorced when they were young, while we don't exactly know what age they were, what are the chances their divorce was the same year. What if Noriko and Mr Pompoms hooked up after, someone who's 1/4 Immortal would probably wind up giving Noriko the apprentice she desired. If she had a way to detect magic potential in people like Luke or Tara then she might have glimpsed at Mr Pompoms.

But why would Jerry 2.0 curse about it like he nearly screwed up something?

He did nearly screwed it.

His original idea was that they will notice the split on their own (and then stop/divide). They didn't, he needed to warn them.

Yeah, that's my thinking as well, she would have done her own background check of Tedd's friends, but wasn't thorough enough initially with Susan because she probably figured the family resemblance was coincidental.

Well considering Susan isn't Adrian's daughter but great-grand daughter or something, no wonder she wasn't THAT thorough.

Bit of a wild....something here, both Tedd's and Susan's parents divorced when they were young, while we don't exactly know what age they were, what are the chances their divorce was the same year. What if Noriko and Mr Pompoms hooked up after, someone who's 1/4 Immortal would probably wind up giving Noriko the apprentice she desired. If she had a way to detect magic potential in people like Luke or Tara then she might have glimpsed at Mr Pompoms.

You think Noriko would want to marry such cheating- ... wait. We don't talk about marrying him are we? Yeah that could work. In fact Noriko might PREFER someone she can dump immediately after getting pregnant without worrying she will hurt him (undeservedly).

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

You think Noriko would want to marry such cheating- ... wait. We don't talk about marrying him are we? Yeah that could work. In fact Noriko might PREFER someone she can dump immediately after getting pregnant without worrying she will hurt him (undeservedly).

What if Mr Pompoms was already awakened? Or maybe Noriko decided she couldn't let someone with such potential get away, and offered to help him awaken?

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
On 9/16/2017 at 2:46 AM, Scotty said:

You're right, Pandora said so. But I still think it's more plausible that Felix is more about wanting Kitty to accept him/her than a pre-Kitty identification with the opposite gender.

Well, if Dan explicitly saying it's not the case in the comics commentary won't convince you, hard to think about other arguments ...