• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

Comic 9/16/17 - Smile, Darn Ya', Smile

ComicNumber684.png

TheHeroesOfCRASH.com

Just when Belt Boy thinks he's got the upper hand, it seems that his foes have the upper claw! How can he stop an army of Necrobots on his own? Stay tuned, readers!

The title of this comic was intended as a reference to a song from my favorite movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit* - not a song by the same name from the cartoon series Batman: The Brave and the Bold. However, one of Belt Boy's lines in the first panel IS a reference to Brave and the Bold**. While I've never been a big fan of Batman himself (I'm not a big fan of overly-brooding superheroes), I find his villains entertaining, as well as the other heroes that the dork knight teams up in every episode of Brave and the Bold. I also appreciate the fact that the series is a love letter to a bygone era of comics, the occasional fourth wall break, and the fact that one episode had Weird Al Yankovic and the Scooby Doo crew.

While I'm very proud of my designs for the Necrobots, they are one of the hardest things in my comic that I have to draw, especially when I have to draw an army of them! Between that and panel size, you're not likely to see a whole bunch of them in one panel.

One think I find fun is that BB's hair seems to smooth and re-frazzle with his mood. As a cartoon, his hair isn't just hair: it's plumage! By the way, am I the only one who imagines hearing the word "plumage" in Michael Palin's voice whenever they read it?

If you enjoyed my comic for this week, please like it and share it! I also wouldn't mind some comments, even if it's something as simple as "Nice comic!" or "lol". I takes whatever praise I gets!

*Oddly enough, Who Framed Roger Rabbit doesn't have a "?" at the end, because that's supposed to be bad luck for a film title in the movie biz. Fun trivia!

** It's also a good excuse to use alliteration, which I love to use.