• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
PrimordialSoul253

Story, Monday September 18, 2017

Ashley is a girl for others. Yup, too nice. But still a bad liar. So, very nice instead.

Bean bags still defeat a huge TV if the sofa is not cozy enough.

4 hours ago, PrimordialSoul253 said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2399

I am starting to think that Ashley is pathologically 'too nice'.  I can only imagine this level of niceness being used against her at some point.

2 hours ago, Stature said:

Ashley is a girl for others. Yup, too nice. But still a bad liar. So, very nice instead.

Let's see, too nice, bad liars, Elliot and her have so much in common.

56 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Let's see, too nice, bad liars, Elliot and her have so much in common.

She was obviously born wearing a Girl Scout uniform.

In all seriousness though, Nanase, you had gone on a double date with Tedd and Grace before, Tedd being your cousin whom Ellen's admitted to thinking is sexy, AND both you and Ellen thought the idea of being on a date with Grace was sexy. How can being one a double date with Elliot be any more awkward?

And in not so serious(or maybe still serious)ness. This confirms that Ellen will be close enough to Elliot for Magus to get her to zap him. While Ellen's plan is to stay in another part of the house, there's still a good chance her and Elliot would cross paths, getting snacks, using the bathroom, or maybe the four of them do end up in the same room, maybe Nanase just can't take Ashley not asking questions about magic and just starts telling her everything anyway and spends the next few hours showing off her spells and stuff.

Oh yeah, that person is back in the first two panels, does look like a janitor, also can't be Jerry2.0 since we just saw him state that he needs to focus on keeping Susan safe.

9 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Any body else getting errors attempting to access the comic?

Yes.

Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:

XID: 778928319

Varnish cache server

(the XID number varies.)

Maybe they shouldn't have varnished the cache server.

No problem now.

I guess Elliot went back to Swedekea for that giant bean bag chair.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Oh yeah, that person is back in the first two panels, does look like a janitor, also can't be Jerry2.0 since we just saw him state that he needs to focus on keeping Susan safe.

Jerry 2.0 also stated he would check on Diane later. It's later.

On the other hand, the "janitor" isn't wearing a vest and is wearing shoes. Also, in the first appearance of that "janitor" she looks female. Her butt certainly looks female to me. Still if Pandora can look like Agent Wolf when she wants to, maybe Jerry 2.0 can manage a female version of himself, with Sam Sheepdog bangs.

Another plausible candidate for the "janitor" could be Abner the detective. I kind of think Dan may be saving him for the resolution of this story, and a detective character is a wonderful plot device for filling in the other characters and the readers at some critical point in the plot.

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Another plausible candidate for the "janitor" could be Abner the detective.

Or, of course, you know, the school janitor.  Most high schools have at least one.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Or, of course, you know, the school janitor.  Most high schools have at least one.

A high school large enough that most students don't know at least the faces of everyone else in their class, has more than one.

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

A high school large enough that most students don't know at least the faces of everyone else in their class, has more than one.

True enough, but I don't believe Dan has put a school janitor character in the series before Diane rushed into the locker room past the lounging janitor. The same janitor shows up in this latest page. I'd say odds are pretty good the janitor could be important.

21 hours ago, PrimordialSoul253 said:

I am starting to think that Ashley is pathologically 'too nice'.  I can only imagine this level of niceness being used against her at some point.

It already WAS. Bad Tom took advantage of it. But yes she's heading into another case where it will be used against her certainly.

20 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Oh please, please, PLEASE, Dan, don't make Ashley's hair look like she's hiding a pet tarantula again. Thin thingies look more like hair; thick ones look like arthropod legs.

I liked it.

20 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I think Hermione Dresden and the Winter Fae just shot to the top of the list of fictional books I want to read.

It does sound interesting ...

19 hours ago, Stature said:

Especially considering they are more interested in each other than what will they be watching.

16 hours ago, Scotty said:

In all seriousness though, Nanase, you had gone on a double date with Tedd and Grace before, Tedd being your cousin whom Ellen's admitted to thinking is sexy, AND both you and Ellen thought the idea of being on a date with Grace was sexy. How can being one a double date with Elliot be any more awkward?

The difference is that they apparently have crush on Grace. They don't on Ashley. Did you saw Nanase's reaction to Grace watches?

16 hours ago, Scotty said:

And in not so serious(or maybe still serious)ness. This confirms that Ellen will be close enough to Elliot for Magus to get her to zap him. While Ellen's plan is to stay in another part of the house, there's still a good chance her and Elliot would cross paths, getting snacks, using the bathroom, or maybe the four of them do end up in the same room, maybe Nanase just can't take Ashley not asking questions about magic and just starts telling her everything anyway and spends the next few hours showing off her spells and stuff.

Only if you assume she will actually proceed with this plan - personally, I interpret this comics as Nanase being quite successful in talking her out of it.

Hmmm ... maybe Magus will intervene to make that happen?

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Only if you assume she will actually proceed with this plan - personally, I interpret this comics as Nanase being quite successful in talking her out of it.

While it's true that Panel 4 seems to be a convincing argument for Nanase getting Ellen to think of going somewhere else, there was no alternate location suggested so it's not garanteed. Nanase's statement in Panel 5 though might make Ellen want to stay home and get to know Ashley more. Remember it was Ellen that invited Susan along for their night out when Nanase and Susan didn't get along very well at the time, and now look at them. Ellen has a way of getting people together.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

While it's true that Panel 4 seems to be a convincing argument for Nanase getting Ellen to think of going somewhere else, there was no alternate location suggested so it's not garanteed. Nanase's statement in Panel 5 though might make Ellen want to stay home and get to know Ashley more. Remember it was Ellen that invited Susan along for their night out when Nanase and Susan didn't get along very well at the time, and now look at them. Ellen has a way of getting people together.

Hmmm ... Ellen trying to prove something to Nanase ... yes that would be emotion Magus might be able to amplify :)

Unless another scene change, we will likely see the answer tomorrow (or today if you live east from Paris). I guess it's either "Ellen will be close to Elliot" or "Ellen will be close to Sam", and it's true Sam is not supposed to be featured in this arc ...

And regarding Night Out: I don't think it's just Ellen. Sure, she invited Susan on Night out, but GRACE wanted her on party. The getting together seem to be group effort and Susan's opinion on Nanase might even be influenced by Nase, subconsciously.

PS: Forgot to mention it earlier: I might have similar reaction to not returning book in due time; but not because of any concern about other people, just because I don't like paying late fees.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

And regarding Night Out: I don't think it's just Ellen. Sure, she invited Susan on Night out, but GRACE wanted her on party. The getting together seem to be group effort and Susan's opinion on Nanase might even be influenced by Nase, subconsciously.

Actually, it was Edward that suggested inviting Susan (AKA, that angry young woman). Which would suggest that Edward had already done a background check on her, which isn't surprising since she'd already been in the Verres' house twice by that point and seen and heard things.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Actually, it was Edward that suggested inviting Susan (AKA, that angry young woman). Which would suggest that Edward had already done a background check on her, which isn't surprising since she'd already been in the Verres' house twice by that point and seen and heard things.

... didn't remembered that. Hmmm, was it because Grace already mentioned off-panel she consider her friend? Or did he just listed all people allowed to visit Tedd's house? (Also yes totally got the background check already.)

In any case, it wasn't Ellen suggesting her and likely happened totally without any relation to Night Out.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... didn't remembered that. Hmmm, was it because Grace already mentioned off-panel she consider her friend? Or did he just listed all people allowed to visit Tedd's house? (Also yes totally got the background check already.)

In any case, it wasn't Ellen suggesting her and likely happened totally without any relation to Night Out.

I do wonder if Edward could tell then that Susan had some magic and felt that getting her into the circle would make it easier to keep track of her, or maybe felt if Tedd had more friends with magic capability, they'd be able to protect him if Edward isn't around.

If Ellen didn't invite Susan along, Nanase wouldn't have had someone to talk to about being attracted to Ellen and realizing she was gay. If that didn't happen, even if Susan was still invited to Grace's party, the dynamic wouldn't be the same, Elliot and Ellen wouldn't know that Nanase was gay so Ellen wouldn't try to push Nanase to open up to her. Susan probably wouldn't have asked Nanase to pick out Ellen's outfit for her, etc.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

I do wonder if Edward could tell then that Susan had some magic and felt that getting her into the circle would make it easier to keep track of her, or maybe felt if Tedd had more friends with magic capability, they'd be able to protect him if Edward isn't around.

On one hand, if he couldn't tell he's incompetent and should be fired from DGB. On the other, he never shown he knows.

I suspect that Edward generally considered good idea for Tedd to have more friends, magic capacity or not.

If Ellen didn't invite Susan along, Nanase wouldn't have had someone to talk to about being attracted to Ellen and realizing she was gay.

Because she would completely forget about it next day? I believe even without the talk with Susan, Nanase would realize it sooner or later. Sure, she didn't considered Susan ideal choice but she was one of the few who knew about the pheromones not being permanent part of FV5 ... on the other hand, if Nanase suspected the FV5 hormones, she WOULD be forced to talk to someone from main eight about it, so options are Susan, Tedd or Grace - and I think Grace also knew.

If that didn't happen, even if Susan was still invited to Grace's party, the dynamic wouldn't be the same, Elliot and Ellen wouldn't know that Nanase was gay so Ellen wouldn't try to push Nanase to open up to her. Susan probably wouldn't have asked Nanase to pick out Ellen's outfit for her, etc.

This is more interesting: even if Nanase realized next day, without Susan panicking Ellen might never found ... meaning, Nanase would need to make the step herself without being pushed. I still think she would do it, but it might be lot later ... like ... maybe she would only realize she loves Ellen and needs to tell her after saving her from Abraham. Because I think she would definitely try her best to save her even without being in relationship.

On 9/18/2017 at 6:59 AM, Scotty said:

This confirms that Ellen will be close enough to Elliot for Magus to get her to zap him. While Ellen's plan is to stay in another part of the house, there's still a good chance her and Elliot would cross paths, getting snacks, using the bathroom, or maybe the four of them do end up in the same room, maybe Nanase just can't take Ashley not asking questions about magic and just starts telling her everything anyway and spends the next few hours showing off her spells and stuff.

I mean... Ellen and Elliot live together. In the same room even. Their physical proximity isn't what's preventing Magus from pulling that off, I don't think.

7 hours ago, Matoyak said:

I mean... Ellen and Elliot live together. In the same room even. Their physical proximity isn't what's preventing Magus from pulling that off, I don't think.

It's more to do with their proximity to each other when crap hit's the fan, Magus needs them close while Helena and Demetrius are distracted. It's all about timing the vampire attack while Elliot and Ellen are together. It would make sense to have Ellen want to stay home as well to get to know Ashley more, and maybe they'll talk about magic, Ellen could be feeling a bit playful and Magus could amplify that to make her want to show off her FV5 beam* and end up zapping Elliot.

*or maybe one of her other beams, it might not matter what she uses on Elliot, it just needs to be a beam spell.