• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

We got to install microwave ovens

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Nightly update: the kitty is still meowing at $100. Come on, folks, this is for a person who really deserves what we're saving up for! Any amount appreciated, no matter how small.

http://PayPal.me/Leejacksonaudio/

We gotta move these refrigerators, we gotta move these colour TVs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our early morning news program here in Dallas/Fort Worth actually played a snippet of the "Money for Nothing" song a minute ago, from where I got the thread title. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has arrived, and now we have enough for our goal! Thank you to everyone who contributed!

@mlooney, I need you to update your Amazon wish list address. I tried to place the order tonight, but was told I needed your address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

It has arrived, and now we have enough for our goal! Thank you to everyone who contributed!

@mlooney, I need you to update your Amazon wish list address. I tried to place the order tonight, but was told I needed your address.

I thought I had.   Try it now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It worked! Expect your well-earned gift by October 1st (I've got Amazon Prime ;) ).

Again, my thanks go out to everyone who participated in this promotion. A gift has gone out to a person who definitely deserves it. May he use it well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

It worked! Expect your well-earned gift by October 1st (I've got Amazon Prime ;) ).

Again, my thanks go out to everyone who participated in this promotion. A gift has gone out to a person who definitely deserves it. May he use it well.

I can hardly wait.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

@mlooney's gift bundle is out for USPS delivery by 8pm this evening. Here's hoping his duplex neighbors don't nab it first.

Well, with it being USPS, not UPS or FedEx much better chance of getting to the right door.  The other half of the house has a door on my side of the building with a deck, which looks like it should be my door, but it's not.  The post man know which is which, but a UPS/FedEx driver might not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well, with it being USPS, not UPS or FedEx much better chance of getting to the right door.  The other half of the house has a door on my side of the building with a deck, which looks like it should be my door, but it's not.  The post man know which is which, but a UPS/FedEx driver might not.

Maybe talk with your neighbor and see if it would be okay to put a sign on that door identifying which unit it's part of... perhaps even a sign under it saying something to the effect of "Unit B is over thataway --->" ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Let us know when it arrives!

They all arrived while I was out.  Forgot I was going to see my mother in Tulsa, so I didn't get home until 6:30.   Printer set up was dog easy and the microwave works just fine.   I am a happy camper, at least for right now.

Thanks every one that donated.  I'll try to pay it forward.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we should do a check-in to see how things are working, @mlooney. Are you still a happy geek with your laser printer? Have you had a chance to get something from the "way-too-convenient" market and cook it up in your microwave? Inquiring minds want to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I guess we should do a check-in to see how things are working, @mlooney. Are you still a happy geek with your laser printer? Have you had a chance to get something from the "way-too-convenient" market and cook it up in your microwave? Inquiring minds want to know!

Still a happy geek, and so far I have avoided buying microwave food, using it only for heating "canned" stuff1 and reheating drinks.  Lots of that. 

1Leftover "meals of wheels" that mother was getting and not eating, plus canned veggies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this