• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Monday September 25, 2017

Posture? I guess most times, the hunching only goes far to the eyebrow of the other person. Unless that person is too tall/short to hunch.

And no one gets the beans or the huge TV tonight. Score.(?)

2 hours ago, mlooney said:
3 hours ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2401

Hmm, so no lazy movie night at the house for either Elliot or Ellen?

Also what are the chance the inhuman voyeur is bait?

Pretty close to unity.

Wait. What are the options here?

It can be someone hired by Magus (through Sirleck) to act as bait, possibly actual vampire. Or maybe the post is fake and is bait by itself. Or it can be genuine vampire voyeur who is hired by Sirleck under standard terms who just happened to not be stealth enough. Still, given the standard terms are distraction, he could still count as bait.

26 minutes ago, Stature said:

Posture? I guess most times, the hunching only goes far to the eyebrow of the other person

It's not normal hunching. She was running. This is "bend knees, hand on knee, trying to catch breath" hunching.

BTW, she was really in hurry. She didn't even waited for Nanase to reply the "goodbye" ... was she that concerned with being on time in class?

I think this scene is set could be set at the end of the school day. There's the previous scene with Arthur and Sybil which breaks up the alternation between Moperville North and South, and when and how did Ellen check out Charlotte's forum? As for the change in Elliot and Ashley's plan, I bet has it has to do with that darn overdue library book. Maybe it's from the college library or something, not a library conveniently located close to wherever Ashley's home is.

If it's from the college where Charlotte and Rhea go, it gives Elliot an excuse to be close to whatever's going down there when it goes down.

And how unhuman a voyeur? Maybe a floating woman with a large striped tail? Sirleck taking a break from his latest host? Certainly he has enough eyes for peeping.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It can be someone hired by Magus (through Sirleck) to act as bait, possibly actual vampire. Or maybe the post is fake and is bait by itself. Or it can be genuine vampire voyeur who is hired by Sirleck under standard terms who just happened to not be stealth enough. Still, given the standard terms are distraction, he could still count as bait.

At the moment it doesn't seem likely that Ellen and Elliot have a reason to be close together, I dunno if Elliot would be picking up Ashley before dropping off Ellen or if Eliot drops off Ellen then picks up Ashley. Maybe something happens right when Elliot and Ellen get to the college that makes Elliot stay, like the voyeur really is inhuman and he decides to stay in case Cheerleadra is needed?. Maybe it's that beastly looking vampire from earlier?

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Maybe something happens right when Elliot and Ellen get to the college that makes Elliot stay, like the voyeur really is inhuman and he decides to stay in case Cheerleadra is needed?

Maybe Cheerleadra will be needed immediately when they get there.

.... poor Ashley.

On 9/25/2017 at 3:40 AM, Tom Sewell said:

And how unhuman a voyeur? Maybe a floating woman with a large striped tail?

My first thought on reading that was, Zig Zag doesn't literally float unless she's in water.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

My first thought on reading that was, Zig Zag doesn't literally float unless she's in water.

Sabrina was a fun webcomic.  I miss it.

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Why? I still follow it. Last update September 2017. http://www.sabrina-online.com/thismonth.html

Cool.  I thought Schwartz ended the comic when Sabrina and RC got married and Sabrina got pregnant.  I am happily wrong.

I tend to not believe webcomics authors when they say things like "I'm ending the comics" or "This hiatus is just temporary, the comics will return next month." :)

(Unfortunately, the second one is more common.)

Actually the floating woman with a large striped tail I have in mind is Nioi. There aren't a lot of characters in canon who can fly.

Another one, who definitely looks inhuman, is Sirleck without a host. It doesn't seem like his style to expose himself, but it might be a ploy to lure Ellen and set up the Magus-gets-a-body thing that Sirleck is very interested in.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I tend to not believe webcomics authors when they say things like "I'm ending the comics" or "This hiatus is just temporary, the comics will return next month." :)

(Unfortunately, the second one is more common.)

I'm more prone to believe a webcomic creator when they say they're done.  I find Schwartz' move to color surprising and pleasing.  More webcomics should do it.  :)

For switchovers to color I have not yet found one that worked better for me than Between Failures.

18 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

You might count Girl Genius, although that was planned and part of the plot.

...for similar reasons.  The comic goes color as the character's world opens up.

13 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

There aren't a lot of characters in canon who can fly.

Grace, Nanase, Elliot, Noah, any immortal, Magus ... I think compared to other comics that's quite high.

But yes, the stripped tail would point to Nioi. Or her "twin".

6 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

I'm more prone to believe a webcomic creator when they say they're done.

If they are really done, they don't say "The story is finished". They say "I give up, I'm not able to finish this story". If they finish just the story, the chance is high they find a way to continue or come with another.

Remember last book of Earthsea Cycle from Ursula K. Le Guin? :)

(At least I think it was her ... can't find the quote ...)

33 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

If they are really done, they don't say "The story is finished". They say "I give up, I'm not able to finish this story". If they finish just the story, the chance is high they find a way to continue or come with another.

Remember last book of Earthsea Cycle from Ursula K. Le Guin? :)

(At least I think it was her ... can't find the quote ...)

A webcomic is potentially even longer-form than a novel series.  I tend to envision a webcomic creator staggering gasping over an arbitrary finish line they set for themselves and crashing hard. 

That is for those few webcomics that set an end for themselves...

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well there was Real Life where updates in 2015 had become very spotty, Greg Dean had apologize a few times, stating that work and family had been very busy but that he wasn't giving up on the comic, and even made a comic to make a self deprecating joke about the lack of updates with the promise of being "back" in June of 2015, starts a story arc the next day, then a month later cancels it. There's 2 more comics made before silence for 2 months, the in November 2015, he make another attempt to get things going with a 5 comic "get the band back together" arc and then 5 more slice of life commentary bits and has been silent again for nearly 2 years.

What sucks about this is I've actually interacted with him a number of times, played WoW in a guild he started and chatted on ventrilo (what people used because Teamspeak 2 sucked but was quickly abandoned when Teamspeak 3 proved more superior) and he seemed like a good guy so I don't want to think he'd just abandon it but at the same time having gone this long, I'm not sure he'd have the motivation to get going again.

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Well there was Real Life where updates in 2015 had become very spotty, Greg Dean had apologize a few times, stating that work and family had been very busy but that he wasn't giving up on the comic, and even made a comic to make a self deprecating joke about the lack of updates with the promise of being "back" in June of 2015, starts a story arc the next day, then a month later cancels it. There's 2 more comics made before silence for 2 months, the in November 2015, he make another attempt to get things going with a 5 comic "get the band back together" arc and then 5 more slice of life commentary bits and has been silent again for nearly 2 years.

That's the "not admitting the comics ended" alias "This hiatus is just temporary, the comics will return next month." , yes. Which can continue indefinitely, end with "I give up, I'm not able to finish this story" or ... sometimes they really DO continue.

14 hours ago, Scotty said:

What sucks about this is I've actually interacted with him a number of times, played WoW in a guild he started and chatted on ventrilo (what people used because Teamspeak 2 sucked but was quickly abandoned when Teamspeak 3 proved more superior) and he seemed like a good guy so I don't want to think he'd just abandon it but at the same time having gone this long, I'm not sure he'd have the motivation to get going again.

I read Real Life for a number of years, too.  Dean's spare time is certainly not what it once was and I imagine it has only gotten less and less.  Dean started Real Life while working at an airport where he had lots of free time during working hours.  He was single with no kids.  He has gotten married.  They've had at least one child.  Unlike, say Dan, the comic was not providing his primary income.  The last job of his I know about had Dean traveling up and down the state of California, teaching classes of some kind.

Something had to give.