• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Friday September 29, 2017

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not sure about Contact, but First Contact is repeated in TV quite frequently.

Gotta remember Susan is a big Trekkie and owns all the series and movies on DVD.

Unless magic is involved, she FIRST saw some Star Trek, THEN became Trekkie. And given her age, whatever she saw which turned her Trekkie was almost certainly re-run.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There are worse movies than Nemesis - like Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

And while she doesn't like them per say, I imagine she does still have the DVDs and does include them in marathons especially if she's showing them to friends for the first time. She probably has the same philosophy as Justin. "Horrible, they may be, but much to talk about, there is"...I'm not sure if there is a more Trek way of saying that though.

I'm not sure about showing them but yes she has the DVD.

12 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She surprisingly decided to NOT take fairy with her.

Not only to not take a fairy, but to not have any place she could hide a fairy, if she had any reason to summon one!

Yeah any reason. Really surprising.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The quote from Justin was a Yoda-ism, I was speaking of Star Trek though and couldn't think of an equivalent Trek way of saying it.

"Susan and Elliot, when the movie played"

Just now, hkmaly said:

Unless magic is involved, she FIRST saw some Star Trek, THEN became Trekkie. And given her age, whatever she saw which turned her Trekkie was almost certainly re-run.

She would have been old enough to watch Voyager when it was airing in prime time. In my experience though a lot of the time there was an episode of TNG followed by an episode of DS9, and later, DS9 followed by Voyager. even if the former series was in reruns while the latter was still in prime. Still it is just as likely her first experience with Trek was with reruns, but my point was she does own copies of the movies and series and will try to get friends to watch them with her at every opportunity.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She would have been old enough to watch Voyager when it was airing in prime time.

Voyager run prime time 1995-2001. First contact was in 1996. Susan is 18. Assuming it's 2014, Voyager started before she was born and she MIGHT be old enough to see the LAST season in prime time and remember it. Starting to watch something on last season seems like VERY bad idea. Although it IS possible she saw one episode and it made her convince her mum to buy all Star Trek DVDs, I wouldn't consider it likely, especially with Voyager.

(It would be different if she saw Once Upon a Time when like four - that MIGHT be something to turn child, and if Mom bought incorrect Star Trek next ...)

Of course it will be different if the year would actually be 2003. In fact, I would argue that when the Red Alert ST:TNG comics was going out in 2004, Dan still wrote the comics as if it would be 2002 and Susan being Star Trek fan would make more sense like that.