• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Monday October 2, 2017

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I've been to a mall that had vehicles parked in the corridors as well, but at best there was 6 or 7 of them, not really enough to call a car show. the Moperville mall doesn't strike me as a large mall either.

How about something like all the Batmobiles? Some kind of promotion that Carol Brown would be there to cover?

Besides, the mall is going to be were at least some of the action will be.

2 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Besides, the mall is going to be were at least some of the action will be.

The mall itself would enough. What would actually be worth more, 6 or 7 classic cars on display, or a couple hundred different vehicles parked in the mall parking lot?

Actually, I gotta wonder if Dan will show us whether or not the damage Tara caused has been fix, yeah they've had a week to do so it probably was fixed, but it would be cool if we saw Susan and Diane walk by that pillar and it looks different from the others.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Actually, I gotta wonder if Dan will show us whether or not the damage Tara caused has been fix, yeah they've had a week to do so it probably was fixed, but it would be cool if we saw Susan and Diane walk by that pillar and it looks different from the others.

I'd like someone to say "But we just fixed that!"

If this was animated or live action, it would deserve a sequence with a worker just finishing repairs on the pillar, and, as he walks away, it gets zapped in exactly the same spot.

15 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:
13 hours ago, Scotty said:

Lifting cars can only go so far before it happens to be George's car that she uses to kill an aberration. ;)

Cars as thrown weapons are not a good choice.

If you are really strong, yes. If you are helping yourself with telekinesis, it can be something different ... of course, using something ELSE than car as a projectile would be better.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Better idea: they would JUST be fixing it.

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Or better yet, the pillar turned into some sort of display. "Site of live Griffon attack" with people taking pictures of the claw marks.

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:
19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Or better yet, the pillar turned into some sort of display. "Site of live Griffon attack" with people taking pictures of the claw marks.

Right. Totally forgot this possibility. Despite already knowing about museum which includes the bullet holes the building got in second world war as display - meaning they didn't fix it for more than 70 years.

(Wait ... seems I mixed something up ... well the idea stands.)

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Despite already knowing about museum which includes the bullet holes the building got in second world war as display - meaning they didn't fix it for more than 70 years.

A friend of mine visited St. Petersburg when it was still Leningrad and said a lot of the buildings still had damage from World War II.

There's small section of wall on the Truman Balcony at the White House which is left unpainted to show the scorch marks from when the British burned it in 1814. All that was left was the stone shell. And that's why it's the White House. They painted it to cover up the scorch marks while they were rebuilding the rest of it.

The White House has been gutted and rebuilt twice. During the Truman administration, a piano fell through the floor it was on. No word on whether Harry was playing it. Anyway, it was obvious it was unsafe, so Truman had it rebuilt and lived across the street in Blair House while the work was done. And that's when he added that balcony opening from the Oval Room. (The Oval Office is in the West Wing.)

(is reminded of National Treasure. 2.)

Both being awkward does not go sour. Score.

The pillar has a relatively small chunky hole. It will still do fine.

Just now, Stature said:

Yeah, it's still structurally sound, there wasn't any rebar showing, but I would expect no one would want to just leave it as is and patch it up just so that it didn't look like no one cared about the state of the mall, but as I said before, they could also turn it into a monument and attract customers.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
4 hours ago, Stature said:

Yeah, it's still structurally sound, there wasn't any rebar showing, but I would expect no one would want to just leave it as is and patch it up just so that it didn't look like no one cared about the state of the mall, but as I said before, they could also turn it into a monument and attract customers.

I imagine they would need/want to call some engineers to inspect the pillar to be certain that it's still structurally sound. The pillar most likely is still good, but it would be a good precaution anyway. (The force of Tara's strike might have caused tiny fractures through the pillar that could worsen over time. ) Once they figure out whether or not the pillar is still sound, the engineers could then provide advice on the best way to repair, replace, or reinforce the pillar.

13 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Indeed. It looks very dramatic and there is usually enough of them around to make them tempting choices, but if you need to use a missile, consider the merits of not using something that these days has been constructed so as to specifically collapse and crumble in a way to absorb kinetic energy from impact.

14 hours ago, Drasvin said:
15 hours ago, Scotty said:

I imagine they would need/want to call some engineers to inspect the pillar to be certain that it's still structurally sound. The pillar most likely is still good, but it would be a good precaution anyway. (The force of Tara's strike might have caused tiny fractures through the pillar that could worsen over time. ) Once they figure out whether or not the pillar is still sound, the engineers could then provide advice on the best way to repair, replace, or reinforce the pillar.

Considering it was MAGICAL attack, it might be even worse than tiny fractures. On the other hand, Tara wasn't trying to demolish the building, she just hit the pillar when she missed Cheerleadra.

12 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
On 10/4/2017 at 4:08 AM, Don Edwards said:

Indeed. It looks very dramatic and there is usually enough of them around to make them tempting choices, but if you need to use a missile, consider the merits of not using something that these days has been constructed so as to specifically collapse and crumble in a way to absorb kinetic energy from impact.

In fact, it's the crumbling in way to absorb kinetic energy which makes it so dramatic-looking. If you hit the villain with something which remains solid, it's not visible how much force you applied. Of course, if you hit him with solid block of steel and it STILL deforms, it's even more dramatic.

On 10/4/2017 at 11:15 PM, The Old Hack said:

*wince* I also do not like to think of how much that has to hurt.

When it really hurts is when the metal doesn't deform at all -- instead, you distort to match the metal.

2 hours ago, Haylo said:

When it really hurts is when the metal doesn't deform at all -- instead, you distort to match the metal.

Well, that is the default scenario with a solid block of steel. But strangely enough, that is not the case with a number of bullets. They fragment or deform as they hit and so spread the damage caused by kinetic energy instead of merely passing through and leaving a hole. And that hurts a lot more.

9 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
11 hours ago, Haylo said:

Well, that is the default scenario with a solid block of steel. But strangely enough, that is not the case with a number of bullets. They fragment or deform as they hit and so spread the damage caused by kinetic energy instead of merely passing through and leaving a hole. And that hurts a lot more.

Also, if they stay in the body - especially in multiple parts - they usually needs to be removed by surgeon. If the patient survive of course, and if they don't have Wolverine-type regeneration which just pushes the bullet outside. In most cases.