• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

NP Wednesday October 4, 2017

Just now, PrimordialSoul253 said:

Called it.

Probably.  It is possible that she is too nice in real life to do anything to other people, but writing stories is another thing.

/me * hands you a box of cookies.

*not to be confused with mlooney's /me

Can we just go ahead and lock this now because there is now way to discuss a political strip with out discussing political issues and I have the same problem with this one that I did the last one and if I am not going to be allowed to bring up what I feel is a legitimate counterpoint given that DAN BROUGHT IT UP HIMSELF I want to know here and now rather than letting it hang in the wind.

Sorry Old Hach I am still kind of bitter from last time. If

Writing stories and fiction in general is a good way to experience and play with concepts and desires that one is either unable or unwilling to do so in real life.

44 minutes ago, animalia said:

Can we just go ahead and lock this now because there is now way to discuss a political strip with out discussing political issues and I have the same problem with this one that I did the last one and if I am not going to be allowed to bring up what I feel is a legitimate counterpoint given that DAN BROUGHT IT UP HIMSELF I want to know here and now rather than letting it hang in the wind.

Sorry Old Hach I am still kind of bitter from last time. If

This strip can be discussed without touching on the political issues, namely by focusing on non-political aspects, such as fiction writing, Ashley's goodness, expressing ones desires and personality through fiction, and stuff like that. The political aspect deserves to be discussed, but political discussion, by its nature, involves a lot of strong opinions about things that have major impact on people, which can lead to contention and can spiral to toxicity and other unpleasant things if not properly moderated. The Politics thread in the Off-Topic section gives those of us that want a political discussion a place to discuss them and condenses it in a place where Old Hack can keep an eye on it and keep a proper measure of impartiality. And the political aspects of the strip could certainly be discussed over in the Politics thread, letting those that wish to discuss other aspects of today's comic still do so. 

Edited by Drasvin
Changed some wording

1 hour ago, animalia said:

Sorry Old Hach I am still kind of bitter from last time.

The Moderator: The last time, as you put it, I left all political discussion free to move to the discussion thread. I locked the thread here because it continued to touch on politics after I had requested people to stop. As long as people take the political discussion to its proper thread I have no issue. I have from time to time locked the political thread itself but that has always been due to my own emotional state; I lock it whenever I feel unable to act impartially due to either my temper or to being in a state of exhaustion.

~tOH.

20 hours ago, PrimordialSoul253 said:

It is possible that she is too nice in real life to do anything to other people, but writing stories is another thing.

Yes ... that was option which didn't occurred to me but makes lot of sense from hindsight.

Also, do you also think Liz's opinion is Ashley should stop POSTING these stories and not just stop reading comments under them?

And I still like my theory what "thinking about baseball" actually means.

Dan said:
As fantasies commonly are, it is oversimplified and exaggerated in ways convenient to the fantasy.

Yes ... for this big turn, the politicians minds would need to be altered so much it's debatable if it would still be them.

52 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:
On 10/4/2017 at 11:51 PM, hkmaly said:

And I still like my theory what "thinking about baseball" actually means.

In the context of EGS, that's a theory in the same sense that "water turns to ice if you get it cold enough" is a theory...

But then we wouldn't have this slay:

On 3/1/2017 at 2:06 PM, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

LasP9qL.png