• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday October 4, 2017

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I wonder if Dan had Diane say "black" intentionally though. Diane didn't know that Susan died her hair and could have easily mistaken the very dark blue for black.

That'd make sense in our world, but remember, blue hair is no more unusual than black to them.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Isn't the consensus that they ARE related because they are both Raven's descendants? Even if not, they are likely having some common ancestor who is reason for their talent. Of course, this relationship may not be as close as sisters, but it can still be argued there is no "HAHA Fooled You" element in it.

I was basing that response on the possibility of Justin's theory being true and Susan and Diane's affinities and appearance was due to Magic thinking it'd be dramatic. throughout the comic I got the impression that everything that was happening, all the drama, was created by the characters and Magic was adjusting to fit what was happening by rewarding those who are willing to take chances (Ellen's super amped up beam transforming Vlad into Vladia, Nanase fighting for Ellen and getting her guardian form, Ellen seeing that Nanase was about to sacrifice herself and choosing to stand with her thus being allowed to copy the guardian form, etc). The stuff like spontaneous hair colour changes and such are there to remind us that Magic does have a lighthearted sense of humour for after the drama. Justin's theory would suggest that Magic only cares about drama and would go as far as to set up a situation to see what happens later.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I think they're related, and sisters, but the only consensus that will count in the end is Dan's--assuming Dan ever gives us an answer.

Of course, all evidence from Pandora's meeting with Heka and her behavior afterwards very strongly implies that she had learned that Susan and Diane are related to Adrian, even Jerry's renewed eagerness to make sure nothing happened to Susan, after his meeting with whom I'm certain was Pandora, reinforces that.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... wasn't this even said directly in comics somewhere? In any case, yes it sounds like the reason.

Kinda?

3 hours ago, WR...S said:

That'd make sense in our world, but remember, blue hair is no more unusual than black to them.

What I meant was, because Diane didn't know that Susan dyed her hair, she could still assume that Susan's hair was black and that any hint of blue might be dismissed as the way light hits it or maybe there isn't enough light to show the blue tint. Yes natural hair colours do have more variety in EGS but that still doesn't mean someone wouldn't mistake one colour for another sometimes.

12 hours ago, WR...S said:

I am no longer sure that it even makes sense in our world anymore. I just passed a crowd of teen partygoers not long ago and the best way I can describe the impression of colours their hair gave is 'cacophonic'. It would seem that if you dye your hair in sufficiently loud colours, the effect is all but deafening. :icon_eek:

14 hours ago, WR...S said:
18 hours ago, Scotty said:

I wonder if Dan had Diane say "black" intentionally though. Diane didn't know that Susan died her hair and could have easily mistaken the very dark blue for black.

Depends on the lighting. In some lighting, it can be very difficult to tell black and very dark blue apart.

On 10/4/2017 at 11:28 AM, Tom Sewell said:

Diane's head could be thrust forward a little, so, yes, maybe. But shoulders hitting a wall don't make a THUMP like a head.

Some walls THUMP more than others. And she could have hit the wall with a shoulder - typically not as hard and thump-worthy as a head or elbow (which her crossed arms definitely eliminate) but still kinda hard in someone that thin.

On 10/5/2017 at 7:15 AM, hkmaly said:
On 10/5/2017 at 1:49 AM, Thor said:

Someone should really Tweet to Dan and remind him of this canonical hair color. I'd do it, but I do not have nor want a Twitter account.

Tried tumblr ask.

5 hours ago, AFNB said:

I've always considered Susan's hair to be blue-black, like The Hobbit's Dwalin's beard is supposed to be. The blue is only seen if the light hits it right (as mentioned in Drasvin's post above).

1fd598534735fb30b900be6aa03b801c--black-

Aaaand we got Dan answer very similarly.

https://danshive.tumblr.com/post/166077838117/isnt-susans-hair-supposed-to-be-dark-blue-and