• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Patreon: Saturday October 7, 2017

For one, war hammers would normally be whole-metal, not mostly wood. But I guess it doesn’t matter as Susan is summoning the hammer anyway. Which also answers the “cleaning” bit: the hammer obviously disappeared after every hit, she resummoned it for posing.

Second, being dead is normal state for vampires, isn’t it?

57 minutes ago, Scotty said:

This is good, I like Susan's outfit and her expression

Agree.

57 minutes ago, Scotty said:

and the bodies nearby are confirmation of her badassery.

Seems she has lot of experience with fighting vampires now. "Just two at once? I won't even sweat."

PS: Of course, if you look it for warhammer as single word, you are going to find a series of games from Games Workshop.

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

For one, war hammers would normally be whole-metal, not mostly wood.

s-l298.jpg

It's got more spikes, but I would expect having the bulk of the hammer wood made it easier to handle. Though Susan's summoned hammers probably aren't actual weight anyway.

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The vampires in EGS aren't undead though.

44 minutes ago, Scotty said:
56 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

For one, war hammers would normally be whole-metal, not mostly wood.

s-l298.jpg

It's got more spikes, but I would expect having the bulk of the hammer wood made it easier to handle. Though Susan's summoned hammers probably aren't actual weight anyway.

It got both more spikes and more metal and I think it's minority design but ok at least Susan's not first one like this.

Hmmm ... if it's based on the standard summoning spell it would respond to newton's laws and light hammer would be less effective BECAUSE it's lighter ... on the other hand, the hammer Susan wields is gigantic, it can weight enough even when from wood and unless it's hollow it's also going to need some magic for her to hold it and swing it with such ease.

On the other hand, if it's based on the stun hammer spell ... well, the original hammers were based on anime jokes, were humorously oversized and certainly didn't worked according to newton's laws ; even women without any training were able to wield them easily.

So conclusion is it's hard to say.

51 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

The vampires in EGS aren't undead though.

And Susan is trying to fix that detail. She didn't get to the "un" part yet, of course.

Not that it matters, but "Warhammers" aren't really a thing, at least not in the west.

Of course, vampires aren't a thing either, so using a not a thing on a not a thing, is cool.

29 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Not that it matters, but "Warhammers" aren't really a thing, at least not in the west.

Of course, vampires aren't a thing either, so using a not a thing on a not a thing, is cool.

It may not be thing in the west but it's quite popular weapon between dwarves, of course not nearly as popular as battle axe.

And obviously there is Mjölnir ... although apparently hammers were not popular as weapons between Vikings and even Mjölnir might've been more like blacksmith's hammer.

Real war hammers are fairly small. If you want to know why, try picking up a 5-pound sledge and swinging it nonstop for half an hour...

(Well, that's one reason. Another reason is that if your weapon is slow, in melee combat someone's going to get to you from one side while your weapon is on the other. You need a fairly fast weapon.)

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Real war hammers are fairly small. If you want to know why, try picking up a 5-pound sledge and swinging it nonstop for half an hour...

(Well, that's one reason. Another reason is that if your weapon is slow, in melee combat someone's going to get to you from one side while your weapon is on the other. You need a fairly fast weapon.)

They are also a rather specialized weapon.  Designed to break the joints of plate armour.

I can't find it on IMDB, but there was some series called simply, "Combat" (hosted by some bald guy) that covered the actual use of weapons of various eras. One episode covered "weird weapons," and I think the war hammer was featured on it. A group of people wielding weird weapons were able to take down a well-armed and armored knight of the era.

12 hours ago, Stature said:

No blood, so it might be blunt force trauma using the side of the hammer.

It's directly said in description that Susan is someone who would immediately clean the hammer spikes. Also,

On 10/8/2017 at 5:47 AM, hkmaly said:

But I guess it doesn’t matter as Susan is summoning the hammer anyway. Which also answers the “cleaning” bit: the hammer obviously disappeared after every hit, she resummoned it for posing.

And of course, we can't see the big pools of blood just outside the panel.