• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Friday Oct 13 2017

20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Weeell, there is Sarah. I mean magic users who got marked with hard-to-cast spell. Those presumably can get into situation where they already had considerably energy reserve but didn't get into awakened yet and the watches can be easier for them that their own spell.

Sarah is more the opposite case, someone with a tiny energy reserve.  She's working on increasing it, but that will take time.

14 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Since Tedd has now learned to craft actual wands, it may be a moot point as wands can store more energy.

According to Pandora, enough energy that *anyone* should be able to cast a spell with them.

(Hmm, including Sam, if he found out what that wand can do?  And does the wand cast the same spell on others that it does on Tedd, that is, change their default sex?)

12 hours ago, hkmaly said:

We started the conversation with the fact that we don't know how much wand costs but we do know how much the watches cost.

If a wand can be any old stick, they might be much cheaper than the watches were.  I could see Tedd being that practical in his experiments -- go to Domme Home Depot, buy a bunch of dowel rods, all cut to the same length, and use a Sharpie marker to label each one with what spell(s) it holds and the details of how it's different from the others in the experiment.

On 10/14/2017 at 8:02 AM, Scotty said:

Given that in canon, Liz doesn't know what Ashley's gotten herself into by dating Elliot, the emphasis on "you" as referring to Ashley would be more for the benefit of being vague in front of Liz, not vague for us. Dan's been pretty open about what canon stuff he shows us in this*, I don't thing he'd suddenly be vague about this.

Hmm, on the one hand, after showing up on TV/YouTube/etc conversing with griffins and superheroes, I imagine Liz would have asked Ashley about it.  On the other hand, I can also see Ashley refusing to give any answers, for the same reason she wouldn't ask any questions.  I don't think Liz is gullible enough to buy that it's a different Elliot Dunkel who's involved, though.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Sarah is more the opposite case, someone with a tiny energy reserve.  She's working on increasing it, but that will take time.

Her energy reserve is not THAT tiny - her problem is that her spell requires big amount of energy, while other marked people with more normal spells have same energy reserve but enough to cast THEIR spells.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, including Sam, if he found out what that wand can do?  And does the wand cast the same spell on others that it does on Tedd, that is, change their default sex?

Sounds extremely likely and confirms how Pandora can get great results trying to be nice.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

We started the conversation with the fact that we don't know how much wand costs but we do know how much the watches cost.

If a wand can be any old stick, they might be much cheaper than the watches were.  I could see Tedd being that practical in his experiments -- go to Domme Home Depot, buy a bunch of dowel rods, all cut to the same length, and use a Sharpie marker to label each one with what spell(s) it holds and the details of how it's different from the others in the experiment.

We have almost ZERO information about this. Pandora SAID it's just a stick, but it didn't looked like one ; there may be requirements on wood type or quality which either completely disqualify some sticks to be turned into wands or greatly reduces their power. Tedd, who actually saw the wand, would have more informations even if he doesn't have some special sense helping him, but we only saw Dan's drawing of it.

And remember that plastic furniture is generally cheaper than true wood one. I'm not sure about price of wood sticks specifically, but it can easily cost more than plastic watches. Not in the "can't afford that" sense, just little more.

On 10/14/2017 at 3:02 PM, Scotty said:

Given that in canon, Liz doesn't know what Ashley's gotten herself into by dating Elliot, the emphasis on "you" as referring to Ashley would be more for the benefit of being vague in front of Liz, not vague for us.

Hmm, on the one hand, after showing up on TV/YouTube/etc conversing with griffins and superheroes, I imagine Liz would have asked Ashley about it.  On the other hand, I can also see Ashley refusing to give any answers, for the same reason she wouldn't ask any questions.  I don't think Liz is gullible enough to buy that it's a different Elliot Dunkel who's involved, though.

Ashley is canonically terrible liar. She likely will refuse to give any answers, but if Liz is actually interested in topic (which may not be true - Liz might not even saw the youtube videos in question) she can get lot of information from her just from body language. Starting with confirmation that Elliot  Dunkel is Cheerleadra.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Ashley is canonically terrible liar. She likely will refuse to give any answers, but if Liz is actually interested in topic (which may not be true - Liz might not even saw the youtube videos in question) she can get lot of information from her just from body language. Starting with confirmation that Elliot  Dunkel is Cheerleadra.

We haven't seen Liz's reaction to seeing the news Saturday night, nor her reaction to hearing about Edward's manufactured Cheerleadra sighting later on, considering Ashley seemed to be pretty relaxed last we saw her, we could probably assume either Liz never asked anything, or Ashley was successful in her cover story, or at least sucessfull enough for Edward's plan to finish convincing Liz.

47 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

We haven't seen Liz's reaction to seeing the news Saturday night, nor her reaction to hearing about Edward's manufactured Cheerleadra sighting later on, considering Ashley seemed to be pretty relaxed last we saw her, we could probably assume either Liz never asked anything, or Ashley was successful in her cover story, or at least sucessfull enough for Edward's plan to finish convincing Liz.

That ... or Liz is able to fake being convinced good enough to convince Ashley.

Liz (bored voice): "Sooo, your boyfriend turned into female superhero?"

Ashley (unconvincingly): "No, that's not what -"

Liz (bored voice): "Pity."

After exchange like that, I can see Ashley being relieved the secret is safe and Liz being completely certain Elliot is Cheerleadra.

Although frankly, Liz genuinely not caring - or not caring enough to ask - seems more likely to me. She doesn't like cheerleadra, after all.