• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Story Wednesday October 18, 2017

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I strongly suspect he has, more than once. However, as far as I can recall the most recent event that would be likely to tell Edward "it's time to RE-test Justin" was the fight with the fire guy outside the card shop. We haven't even seen the two together very often since the immediate aftermath of that event. And I think that might have been before he was even marked, let alone awakened.

(My best argument for that being before he was marked is that I think Edward WOULD have tested him then, and as a result Justin would know whether he had a mark at that time; but at the card tournament, after he was already awakened, he didn't appear to be aware that he ever had been marked.)

I think Dan was intentionally making a running gag of people assuming that Justin's abilities was strictly from ASMA training (that actually works!?!) it wasn't until very recently (comic time) that Grace realized the possibility that Justin had been marked, and then Grace, Tedd and Sarah coming to the conclusion that Justin was also awakened by Pandora. Edward was probably just like Noah and didn't believe that an Immortal would easily be able to mark people without consent, and might have just assumed Dex was an isolated incident and that Justin's ability was natural.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think she bought the huge TV with her own money either. She's not above using her mother wealth, she just want some independence instead of mom buying her everything.

I don't think the TV was specifically hers anyway, I can believe her mom bought it, but Susan likely didn't ask for it either.

True, mainly because mom likely bought it faster than Susan could ask.

It might have been bought with child support money from Mr Pompoms or something related to the divorce maybe?

I think Mrs. Pompoms is just that rich. Look at that house - and her attitude. Not only she's rich, her parents likely are too.

Yes. And while she might like her job, it's not exactly the same level of "I would be there even if I wouldn't work there" job as Justins. (Note: Literally in George's case.)

Justin got his job because his uncle owns the shop and took pity on Justin who'd recently been outed and was being bullied.

While possible, Justin is doing very good job, so it might not be just out of pity (or it was out of pity first but then proved to be good idea).

Hmmmm ... I think that Grace also still works in comics shop despite holidays being over, but likely not so often. Meanwhile, Elliot, who is from actually poor family, might not kept his summer job ...

Grace has only been working there for like 7 months, and is probably getting less hours than Justin during the winter, remember, I said at least a couple years for Justin and Susan.

Yes, I was just adding it to complete the list.

Also Elliot I imagine still gets paid for doing the review shows even though he's not actually working at the video store while in school.

Weren't they "paid" by free rentals for those review shows?

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I strongly suspect he has, more than once. However, as far as I can recall the most recent event that would be likely to tell Edward "it's time to RE-test Justin" was the fight with the fire guy outside the card shop. We haven't even seen the two together very often since the immediate aftermath of that event. And I think that might have been before he was even marked, let alone awakened.

(My best argument for that being before he was marked is that I think Edward WOULD have tested him then, and as a result Justin would know whether he had a mark at that time; but at the card tournament, after he was already awakened, he didn't appear to be aware that he ever had been marked.)

I think Dan was intentionally making a running gag of people assuming that Justin's abilities was strictly from ASMA training (that actually works!?!) it wasn't until very recently (comic time) that Grace realized the possibility that Justin had been marked, and then Grace, Tedd and Sarah coming to the conclusion that Justin was also awakened by Pandora. Edward was probably just like Noah and didn't believe that an Immortal would easily be able to mark people without consent, and might have just assumed Dex was an isolated incident and that Justin's ability was natural.

The fight with fire guy was the BEST occasion where Edward would have reason to re-test Justin, so it would seem weird if he didn't, and we KNOW Justin was marked then. On the other hand ... maybe the scary wand doesn't test for marks, and Dex was revealed to be marked AFTER the incident with fire guy so it might not occurred to Edward ... and not even we know about the spell Justin got from awakening.

37 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

While possible, Justin is doing very good job, so it might not be just out of pity (or it was out of pity first but then proved to be good idea).

It's what happened.

39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Weren't they "paid" by free rentals for those review shows?

True, Tensaided proposed that they could watch any movie for free if they reviewed it, but once it got popular he might have decided to pay them, I dunno.

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's what happened.

Oh. Forgot about it. However, I was right about the "proved to be good idea".

18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Oh. Forgot about it. However, I was right about the "proved to be good idea".

I wasn't disputing that, it has worked out well for Justin, that's something that he has in common with Susan, they didn't want things just handed to them.

On 10/21/2017 at 7:14 AM, hkmaly said:

Yes. And while she might like her job, it's not exactly the same level of "I would be there even if I wouldn't work there" job as Justins. (Note: Literally in George's case.)

I have a feeling George might have been that kid who spent more time in the store than any of the actual employees, and ended up being hired because he not only knew everything there were to know about comics, but he could be trusted to be there on time no matter what.

6 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:
On 10/21/2017 at 7:14 AM, hkmaly said:

I have a feeling George might have been that kid who spent more time in the store than any of the actual employees, and ended up being hired because he not only knew everything there were to know about comics, but he could be trusted to be there on time no matter what.

Yes. Mainly because he's totally going to be there before and after time as well.

On 10/23/2017 at 2:13 PM, hkmaly said:

Yes. Mainly because he's totally going to be there before and after time as well.

Sure, because his experience is eternal.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
8 hours ago, Stature said:

Sure, because his experience is eternal.

I think hkmaly meant 'opening hours' rather than time itself.

You are closer but I actually meant hours of his shift.

Him being there "on time" actually means he will be there in time where his shift starts and ends (and presumably during it). In similar sense, "before time" and "after time" would be before his shift starts and after his shift ends.

But yes it sounds funnier if you read it as "before time itself" and "after time itself" ...