• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
detrius

Story Friday October 20th 2017

They make a weird Dynamic Duo.

But hey, Detective Diane Holmes is back in business.

2 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Diane is good at deduction. I wonder how good is her seduction?

Depends on her reduction. :demonicduck:

10 minutes ago, Stature said:

Depends on her reduction. :demonicduck:

With that smiley it looks more like Demonic Ducktion.

It has been a long wait before we finally got to see Susan and Diane together. It has been well worth the wait. I love the dynamic between them.

Also, curse you, Thursday! Must you foil me at every turn? *shakes fist*

At this point, Dan should think about making Diane's last name actually being "Holmes." It sounds like the kind of funny coincidence the Will of Magic would like.

And I like the way Dan has Susan say "brilliant" like Rhoda said way back in #864 on Grace and Ellen's first day of school.

Edited by Tom Sewell
Added thought.

Figured Diane would have guessed it. Though Susan's at least in the clear about not having to tell Diane that Adrian's an Elf, Diane will find that out later.

From the commentary:

Yikes. I've gotta be careful. Given enough time and sublte hints, these two could unravel every mystery in the comic.

Yeah, we don't need Susan and Diane stealing the title of Meddling Teenagers from Ellen and Nanase. ;)

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Let's not forget that the original Meddling Teenagers were a four-person crew. Five if you count the talking dog.

Rrank rrou.

Well to be fair, I just remembered that at New Years, the "Meddling Teenagers" reformed to become "Charlotte's Angels" so I guess the title is free now?

Yes they could totally unravel every mystery in EGS. Looking forward to it.

17 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

It has been a long wait before we finally got to see Susan and Diane together. It has been well worth the wait. I love the dynamic between them.

They were mostly being awkward on previous pages, but THIS is finally the dynamic we were looking forward to.

15 hours ago, Scotty said:

Figured Diane would have guessed it. Though Susan's at least in the clear about not having to tell Diane that Adrian's an Elf, Diane will find that out later.

So far Susan didn't even tell her how her guess about Raven being wizard is significant as not every magic user is a wizard.

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Let's not forget that the original Meddling Teenagers were a four-person crew. Five if you count the talking dog.

Yes, although they also had two males. Seems our version will have four girls.

Grace might take the dog role.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

If you're talking about the TV series, besides Charlie there were four angels--remember one of them left the team and was replaced.

I think only other person capable of getting guardian form spell would be Rhoda and she's unlikely to join.

Also, I think more angels were MENTIONED in the movie (not shown, though).

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Of course, you never saw Charlie.

I'm pretty sure we did. Not his FACE, though.

17 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Of course, you never saw Charlie.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'm pretty sure we did. Not his FACE, though.

Yes, a few times, partial shots from the back.

We did get a description of him once, though. A rather vague one. "He's a tall short man of medium height, clean-shaven with a full beard..."

43 minutes ago, WR...S said:

...where did she get "intruder," though?

She probably made a wild guess that it wasn't actually Moperville South's principal suddenly going postal and figured it was more likely to be someone from the outside.

2 hours ago, WR...S said:

The cover story was that it was someone from Ellen's past, so that's what the students would have heard. As far as Diane guessing about Raven, he would have been found by students or staff once the barriers went down, hence why Pandora reapplied his disguise for him, so that they didn't find Adrian in his true form.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
4 hours ago, WR...S said:

She probably made a wild guess that it wasn't actually Moperville South's principal suddenly going postal and figured it was more likely to be someone from the outside.

Also, noone was missing. If it would be inside "job", they would find out about who that was and it would get into gossips.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

The cover story was that it was someone from Ellen's past, so that's what the students would have heard.

And while the battle with Abraham was away from school, someone might've still saw him. I mean someone who wasn't in range of that sleep spell. Or maybe someone saw him going INTO the school.

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Whereas if all this had happened at Moperville North, the principal would have been Suspect #1.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

And while the battle with Abraham was away from school, someone might've still saw him. I mean someone who wasn't in range of that sleep spell. Or maybe someone saw him going INTO the school.

Adrian's fight with Abraham was in the school. the only person that saw the fight was Nanase. But I will correct myself in that the sleep spell would have needed to wear off before any students or staff found Adrian, and considering there was an explosion from Abraham's fireball, it probably would have drawn some attention from anyone near the school if they weren't also affected by the sleep spell.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Whereas if all this had happened at Moperville North, the principal would have been Suspect #1.

He could still have alibi.

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Adrian's fight with Abraham was in the school. the only person that saw the fight was Nanase.

I meant the NANASE's and later Edward's battle with Abraham. I admit that it wasn't clear. Adrian's fight definitely wasn't seen by anyone except Nanase.

27 minutes ago, Scotty said:

But I will correct myself in that the sleep spell would have needed to wear off before any students or staff found Adrian, and considering there was an explosion from Abraham's fireball, it probably would have drawn some attention from anyone near the school if they weren't also affected by the sleep spell.

Which raises the chance that someone could've seen Abraham leaving with Ellen. Not from close of course.

55 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Which raises the chance that someone could've seen Abraham leaving with Ellen. Not from close of course.

Pandora told Nanase that Abraham left the school through a portal so no one would have seen him leave, and if someone saw him enter the school, his appearance wouldn't have conflicted with the stalker cover all that much.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Pandora told Nanase that Abraham left the school through a portal so no one would have seen him leave,

... damn. Two forgotten details in row. I should reread EGS :)

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

and if someone saw him enter the school, his appearance wouldn't have conflicted with the stalker cover all that much.

Definitely. In fact, the risk someone could've seen him likely was reason why the official explanation mentions crazy stalker.

Hey, maybe they even added his photo to that news report about crazy stalker, to be sure :)

(Also, describing Abraham as crazy stalker from Ellen's past got right three words from four.)