• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

NP Monday October 23, 2017

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

That depends on how many cards each player gets and how common the individual types are. If we assume that all types are equally common and that a player starts with seven cards, that will make it achievable provided that you draw a card each round. However, let us say that some effects will cause you to lose cards -- whether random cards or all cards of a given type -- and you are already in trouble. More, not all cards may be meant for use on oneself. Some of them might be intended for use on other players or are of the type that modifies gameplay without allowing transformations. Let's say 40% of all cards are of this type. Suddenly that beginning hand is much less likely to allow three fast winning moves and it will take longer still to draw the extra transformations you need.

You might still be right, of course. It's just that I am less sure, not knowing what complications Dan has tossed into the game yet.

The big question is how fast cards are used and replaced.  If a player, say, starts with a hand of 5 cards but only draws 1 each turn,  expending multiple cards in one turn could make for a card-deficit disadvantage in future turns.