• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Story Monday October 23, 2017

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

And what about the other mall goers? I would think that after the previous week's excitement, there'd be more than a few people looking out for anything unusual. A section of corridor lighting up in sparkles would certainly draw someone's attention.

Maybe we'll find out in the next comic the sparkles were noticed by someone else. But, hey, nobody else noticed Elliot changing into a girl in the bookstore for Ashley.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

But, hey, nobody else noticed Elliot changing into a girl in the bookstore for Ashley.

They were hiding in a section that security cameras couldn't see and Ashley said it was all clear. Also there were no sparkles there either, the entire sequence was exaggerated for the reader. Even Dan stated as such in the commentary:

In all seriousness, I didn't want to simply show Elliot trasnsforming while sitting, but that's what he'd have to do to keep a low profile in the store, so I made like Sailor Moon and threw in a fancy stock transformation (sort of).

It should not be taken literally, but it does reflect how Elliot actually wound up, and the silhouettes show how big normal Elliot is compared to the transformed states.

The only time there was a light that people noticed was when Elliot transformed into Cheerleadra.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

They were hiding in a section that security cameras couldn't see and Ashley said it was all clear. Also there were no sparkles there either, the entire sequence was exaggerated for the reader. Even Dan stated as such in the commentary:

Yes. I didn't say the floating was real. But the change was real, and someone could easily have come upon them while Elliot was changing with his/her eyes closed and Ashley was completely absorbed watching the change. And that doesn't really bear on whether or not the sparkles were real or, as I said, merely emphasis of how awesome Susan looks to Diane in panel 4.

Remember how long it took Nanase to find out someone had picked up the missing doll? Nine months in Moperville time.

5 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Yes. I didn't say the floating was real. But the change was real, and someone could easily have come upon them while Elliot was changing with his/her eyes closed and Ashley was completely absorbed watching the change. And that doesn't really bear on whether or not the sparkles were real or, as I said, merely emphasis of how awesome Susan looks to Diane in panel 4.

Maybe it was they was you worded the post, I got the impression that you was thinking the sparkles were actually happening. I was just trying to say that it'd be more obvious if they were.

8 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Remember how long it took Nanase to find out someone had picked up the missing doll? Nine months in Moperville time.

That's just an indication that Charlotte didn't tell anyone about the doll before she mentioned it to Nanase. But Dan had left the readers with the obvious question of "Nanase made 2 dolls, 1 was taken with Ellen and later destroyed, what happened to the other one?" I dunno if anyone actually asked that question though as I wasn't actively reading/on the forums back then.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Although I was more thinking about touching as shown here. It's technically kissing but more parts of body than just lips are involved.

That's what I meant when I said I didn't think she'd go that far, I don't see her having been passionate about another guy besides Elliot. Though we're not sure if she still wants to pursue Elliot after seeing what he can do and his interaction with Ashley.

It's not about HER getting passionate, it's about the BOYS getting passionate with her. Or she might fake the passion.

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:
36 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

That's just an indication that Charlotte didn't tell anyone about the doll before she mentioned it to Nanase. But Dan had left the readers with the obvious question of "Nanase made 2 dolls, 1 was taken with Ellen and later destroyed, what happened to the other one?" I dunno if anyone actually asked that question though as I wasn't actively reading/on the forums back then.

"We never got the second one back" sounds more like she remembered after returning from hospital, searched for it (maybe asked in lost&found or something?), failed, decided it's not so important and in next 9 months almost forgot about it.

Susan is a vampire hunter by birth, yes?  Is it possible that her aversion to touching and the acrobatic ability to avoid same is an instinctual defense mechanism that will kick in when the very unexpected attack comes?  Seems more likely, given that its being put on display just now...

2 hours ago, Nayl said:

Is it possible that her aversion to touching and the acrobatic ability to avoid same is an instinctual defense mechanism that will kick in when the very unexpected attack comes? 

Also nice for someone who fights with swords.

11 hours ago, Nayl said:

Susan is a vampire hunter by birth, yes?  Is it possible that her aversion to touching and the acrobatic ability to avoid same is an instinctual defense mechanism that will kick in when the very unexpected attack comes?  Seems more likely, given that its being put on display just now...

In such case, Diane would have it too, as she is ALSO vampire hunter by birth even if she's not Susan's sister (and I think she is).

But no - they both have acrobatic ability but just Susan have aversion to touching.

On 10/23/2017 at 11:23 PM, Scotty said:

I meant guys rubbing her feet, get yer mind outta the gutter. ;)

you mean diane does not practice ashiatsu massage. 

Seems like something she might get a kick out of ;)