• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Friday October 27, 2017

13 hours ago, weirdee said:
16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Tedd is genderfluid and can actually transform to other gender, and not even just enchantment, real deal. Calling him straight is either meaningless or would imply he likes boys and only boys when girl, which doesn't seem to be the case. Grace is actually closer to being straight than Tedd.

(Also, we declared Elliot not "truly straight" based on his feelings when transformed too, didn't we?)

Grace's attraction is more based on the other person's mind rather than their body, so I would say that her sexuality isn't defined by human standards, but more from her other heritage. Even "sapiosexual" (a term that I don't entirely approve of) would go in an entirely different direction.

Grace's attraction is a mix between heterosexual and Uryuom, as Tedd said. And the heterosexual part is what we speak about. Regarding the Uryuom part, that's why I said closer but still not it.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Overall, it's possible that Diane considered gay men in a separate category than gay women back then, like "it's ok if women are gay because they don't affect me" so it's not like she would have thought all gay people were defective, just gay men.

Oh, right, that's another very likely possibility.

52 minutes ago, Drasvin said:
4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Noah can't be uryuom since he uses human magic. Still, he seems in many ways to be the Moperville analog of Archie from Ellen's Second Life.

And while we're on the subject of Noah, wouldn't it be natural for Noah to be at the mall, maybe helping out Raven? Susan hasn't met Noah yet. Or Melissa, though of course Susan has heard a lot about Melissa from Justin.

Individuals of uryuom decent can use human magic as long as they also have some human heritage. I doubt Noah would have much Uryuom power, and he definitely had the incentive to become stronger (and someone to teach him how to get stronger)

It was pretty obvious to me that this page was not about Grace but about Noah. Grace has much more Uryuom power because of Lespuko side, so she both can get more from her Uryuom side AND would be harder to learn Earth magic. Noah, meanwhile, is clearly chimera but also clearly uses human magic and this page explains how that's possible.

6 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Individuals of uryuom decent can use human magic as long as they also have some human heritage. I doubt Noah would have much Uryuom power, and he definitely had the incentive to become stronger (and someone to teach him how to get stronger)

Grace is mixed human-uryuom-squirrel-(other), and the whole point of Drasvin's reference is that it would be fantastically hard for her to use human magic. Which supports my assertion that an extremely powerful user of human magic like Noah couldn't have significant uryuom genes.

However, I've long had the suspicion that Noah is really another genetic construct, just not one not using any space aliens in the mix.

17 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

At this point I have to wonder, is there even any such animal as a truly straight person?

I am of the opinion that a person who is absolutely strictly heterosexual would find it unpleasant to participate in group/team activities with others of their own sex - without regard to what the activities are, but also even more so for activities where the norm is to be substantially but not completely dressed - such as basketball.

(I think I'm closer to that position than most - perhaps even abnormally close - but not all the way there.)

I'll also mention that given human evolutionary history, such a person would be at a distinct disadvantage. We're team survivors. Both sexes rely on cooperation with others of the same sex, as well as the obvious and less-obvious needs for the other sex.

41 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
7 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Grace is mixed human-uryuom-squirrel-(other), and the whole point of Drasvin's reference is that it would be fantastically hard for her to use human magic.

The point of that reference is that for uryuom hybrids, using human magic is hard but not impossible. If it would be impossible, Dan would simply say "it's not possible". Making it possible and explaining it in such detail is obvious Chekhov's gun (tvtropes) and Dan does seem to enjoy firing his Chekhov's guns.

41 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Which supports my assertion that an extremely powerful user of human magic like Noah couldn't have significant uryuom genes.

However, I've long had the suspicion that Noah is really another genetic construct, just not one not using any space aliens in the mix.

Noah didn't shown any signs of being extremely powerful. If you want extremely powerful, look at Nanase or Rhoda. Noah obviously trained his abilities, but may have smaller power than Elliot.

While it would make sense for him to have "less uryuom" genes than Grace, it is not necessary - he just may be THAT determined. Also, we KNOW that Grace has lespuko genes which makes her shapeshifting stronger ; Noah not having such genes could be all difference needed.

And note that the main sign pointing to Noah being part Uryuom are his antennae ... and ONLY greater chimeras - the ones with Uryuom genes - have antennae.

3 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

even more so for activities where the norm is to be substantially but not completely dressed - such as basketball.

I think there are totally non-sexual reasons why to not participate in basketball. I know that I wouldn't spend much time playing it even with sexy girls, although it's true that I would at least try if not completely dressed girl would ask me to.

14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Dan does seem to enjoy firing his Chekhov's guns.

True enough, but Dan also enjoys throwing us curves. Sometimes Checkhov's gun just pops out a flag with "BANG!" on it.

Noah didn't shown any signs of being extremely powerful. If you want extremely powerful, look at Nanase or Rhoda. Noah obviously trained his abilities, but may have smaller power than Elliot.

May I remind you that Noah went toe-to-toe with the dragon without getting knocked out. And Noah flies, apparently with ease. Seen Raven flying? Edward? Nanase or Ellen without burning out after a few minutes? Whatever the source of his power, Noah has lots and lots of it.

And note that the main sign pointing to Noah being part Uryuom are his antennae ... and ONLY greater chimeras - the ones with Uryuom genes - have antennae.

Noah's ponytails have shown no signs of being prehensile like Archie's or Grace's antennae. Sometimes hair is just hair, even in EGS.

35 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

May I remind you that Noah went toe-to-toe with the dragon without getting knocked out.

Because unlike Elliot, he wasn't using his body to shield third party from fireball. In general, Elliot's failures in fighting in Cheerleadra form doesn't have anything to do with lack of power and everything with lack of training.

38 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

And Noah flies, apparently with ease. Seen Raven flying? Edward? Nanase or Ellen without burning out after a few minutes?

Elliot can fly long time without problems, Grace didn't shown any problems flying, Nanase can fly without problems if she doesn't do guardian form and that's not counting fairies. No, I don't think flying is hard in EGS and just because we didn't saw Raven doing it doesn't mean he can't. Remember than generally, flying makes you noticeable ; Edward and other agents might decide not using flying simply because they don't want anyone seeing them.

There is considerable lack of ways how to compare people's power in EGS, so we can't say he ISN'T powerful, but he didn't SHOWN anything out of ordinary.

45 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Noah's ponytails have shown no signs of being prehensile like Archie's or Grace's antennae. Sometimes hair is just hair, even in EGS.

No signs? I think Susan would like "just hair" like this.

Also, Luke seemed convinced they are prehensile.

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I didn't cite Elliot as a non-flyer or weak flyer.

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Grace didn't shown any problems flying

Except Grace can't do anything else while flying at speed, or at least she couldn't when she was last seen sparring with Ellen under Greg's tutelege. The fact she showed up at the same time as Cheerleadra on New Year's Eve proves she can fly at least as fast, though.

16 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Nanase can fly without problems if she doesn't do guardian form

Where's the proof for that? She can float and move slowly. She did not fly when she was fighting Vlad, who was flying.

22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

No signs?

More likely dramatic effect or those invisible hair fairies. "Prehensile" means "able to grasp and manipulate" like the tails of New World monkeys or the hair of Mistress Nine in the third season of Sailor Moon (and Sailor Moon in my fanfictions).

25 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Ditto. Besides, that's a non-canon NP strip.

31 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Noah's hair looks like wings in both of the pages you referenced, not tendrils. Wings aren't prehensile except for talking birds like Tweety, Daffy Duck, Foghorn Leghorn, and, of course, Demonic Duck. Dan suggested Shadow Guy was Noah, but there's another character who could never be taken for a dude: General Shade Tail, who probably has a similar aura to Grace's. And Dan hasn't forgotten about Lord Tedd.

BTW, how does Noah's hair stick out from under that hood when he's doing the Shadow Mage thing? That hood looks separate, but it has a short of cape that goes down to maybe the top of his shoulder blades. Maybe that's not Noah's real hair; could be part of his costume.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I didn't cite Elliot as a non-flyer or weak flyer.

No, but you seemed to imply there are no flyers in cast.

Grace didn't shown any problems flying

Except Grace can't do anything else while flying at speed, or at least she couldn't when she was last seen sparring with Ellen under Greg's tutelege. The fact she showed up at the same time as Cheerleadra on New Year's Eve proves she can fly at least as fast, though.

Grace can't use telekinesis or shield when flying. Noah did neither. She can fight just fine if she doesn't let herself to be limited by her morals.

Where's the proof for that? She can float and move slowly. She did not fly when she was fighting Vlad, who was flying.

It wasn't really shown, but she was convinced she has advantage until Vlad shown that his flight is also magic. Note that those kicks and punches she landed on Vlad were are WHILE FLYING and presumably not so slowly.

"Prehensile" means "able to grasp and manipulate" like the tails of New World monkeys or the hair of Mistress Nine in the third season of Sailor Moon (and Sailor Moon in my fanfictions).

Or Ariel Val'Sarghress, yes ... (she can also shape her hair into wings). Or cubis from DMFA (wings into tentacles). But that's offtopic.

Grace didn't really shown so much manipulation either.

Ditto. Besides, that's a non-canon NP strip.

Technically not confirmed as canon, but commentary suggest Susan wants hair spell like that even in canon.

Dan suggested Shadow Guy was Noah, but there's another character who could never be taken for a dude: General Shade Tail, who probably has a similar aura to Grace's. And Dan hasn't forgotten about Lord Tedd.

Sigh. Dan also said that Lord Tedd was shown way too soon. But, yes: as far as confirmed canon goes, we don't know if shadow guy was Noah and we don't know if Noah is part uryuom. He can be human and Damien might target his parents just randomly. Also, Susan, Diane and Raven may not be related. Satisfied?

Some stuff can be assumed even if not said directly. From the examples I made, shadow guy being Noah is closest to being confirmed. If you don't accept that, only thing we can say is "we don't know". It's much more fun to speculate, but we need to accept that while no speculation is confirmed by canon (by definition - if it's confirmed, it's no longer speculation) some are more likely and some are less likely.

I can accept your argument that Noah didn't do anything matching the "prehensile" definition. He moved then more than you can move hair, but ok, may not be prehensile level. I can accept that Luke didn't took the definition literally either. But don't argue that Luke saw General Shade Tail, his friend though he's girl and there was no other signs that he visited main universe. That's too wild.

(Also, General Shade Tail looks pretty clearly dude to me.)

BTW, how does Noah's hair stick out from under that hood when he's doing the Shadow Mage thing? That hood looks separate, but it has a short of cape that goes down to maybe the top of his shoulder blades. Maybe that's not Noah's real hair; could be part of his costume.

He may have some cuts in that hood. Normal clothes don't go together with wings ...

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Sigh. Dan also said that Lord Tedd was shown way too soon. But, yes: as far as confirmed canon goes, we don't know if shadow guy was Noah and we don't know if Noah is part uryuom. He can be human and Damien might target his parents just randomly. Also, Susan, Diane and Raven may not be related. Satisfied?

Also note that Noah's parents (at the very least his father) would likely have been Seyunolu, considering his father was on the side that wanted to bring Damien into the world to unite all Seyunolus. There been no evidence that he did so against his will.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

May I remind you that Noah went toe-to-toe with the dragon without getting knocked out.

Noah did get knocked down for a moment though, and he wasn't powerful enough to kill it. Also we'd only seen him use 3 abilities during that, flight, the disguise and summoned weapons. He probably learned how to fight from somewhere as well.

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

She was flying during that, and she was all over Vlad who was staying still so she'd have to be pretty quick, in fact Nanase is better at using her martial arts moves while flying than Elliot is, it's just that once Vlad got moving he was certainly faster than Nanase was. Grace would have to have

I still say that Noah was able to learn magic easier than Grace could because he'd never developed his Uryuom Power so he never had to suppress the urge to use it by default when trying to use magic. Grace had been using her Uryuom Power for a while and so trying to use magic to say, shapeshift, would be harder to accomplish because she would constantly try to default to Uryuom Power to do that. She'd probably need a spell that she couldn't do with Uryuom Power, but the chances of her getting one might not be as likely.

H-uh! Looks like Susan is coming to realizes she's asexual. For some reason, I thought she already knew that, but looking back (and with evidence of this installment) it looks like shhasn't really considered the sexual aspect of relationships. Then again, she's still working on being confortable with touching people, so I can't say this is shocking. It would appear that Sarah was correct to wonder whether Susan even has a sex drive. :)

Also, slight disappointment that this is the first bit of getting to know you that we've received from Diane, and it's all mental thoughts instead of exposition ton Susan. Diane knows more about Susan right now than Susan knows about Diane. :/  

1 minute ago, The Old Hack said:

Actually he was. He snapped its neck, which should have killed it except it was a summon with its energy being constantly replenished.

That's what I meant, Noah wasn't powerful enough to counter that. I don't think he would have been able to penetrate the flame barrier to knock out Dex like Grace was able to.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

I still say that Noah was able to learn magic easier than Grace could because he'd never developed his Uryuom Power so he never had to suppress the urge to use it by default when trying to use magic. Grace had been using her Uryuom Power for a while and so trying to use magic to say, shapeshift, would be harder to accomplish because she would constantly try to default to Uryuom Power to do that. She'd probably need a spell that she couldn't do with Uryuom Power, but the chances of her getting one might not be as likely.

Yes, that may be the issue as well - Grace trained her Uryuom power, Noah possibly started training Earth magic before Uryuom power.

(Still, it's possible his flight is Uryuom power.)

However, his main "advantage" are likely lespuko genes. Grace has them and they make her stronger in Uryuom power.

6 hours ago, Kazzellin said:

H-uh! Looks like Susan is coming to realizes she's asexual. For some reason, I thought she already knew that, but looking back (and with evidence of this installment) it looks like shhasn't really considered the sexual aspect of relationships. Then again, she's still working on being confortable with touching people, so I can't say this is shocking.

From hindsight, not considering sexual aspect of relationships can be taken as sign of being asexual (not confirmation, just sign) but it's connection unlikely to be made right away :)

6 hours ago, Kazzellin said:

It would appear that Sarah was correct to wonder whether Susan even has a sex drive. :)

Sarah? I know Lisa wondered that.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
9 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Actually he was. He snapped its neck, which should have killed it except it was a summon with its energy being constantly replenished.

That's what I meant, Noah wasn't powerful enough to counter that. I don't think he would have been able to penetrate the flame barrier to knock out Dex like Grace was able to.

Right; he used physical attack on summoned monster ; it's possible magical attack would be more effective and there likely is counterspell for that.

Although note that Grace didn't so much penetrate the flame barrier as just was fireproof.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
8 hours ago, Kazzellin said:

It would appear that Sarah was correct to wonder whether Susan even has a sex drive. :)

Sarah? I know Lisa wondered that.

Sarah also wondered it.

... ok. Adding to the new section on wiki I just spend an hour doing wondering how something so important can still be missing.

18 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Fox was flying when fighting against Abraham (starting here). Fox is a 'decoy' summon that can use any magic that Nanase can (assuming Fox has enough energy remaining), and Nanase didn't mention Fox having any additional abilities that she doesn't have(I figure that would have been worth mentioning as she was showing off her new spells to Ellen).

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

I don't think he would have been able to penetrate the flame barrier to knock out Dex like Grace was able to.

I imagine he probably could have penetrated the flame barrier. Based on Greg sticking his finger into it, I don't think the barrier projected any force, it just contained enough heat to incinerate just about anything that tried to enter it. Grace was able to withstand that because her fur is fireproof, which was a quality she was specifically engineered with (Because she was made to fight the 'Lord of Fire') instead of being a result of her Uryuom Power.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:
13 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yes, that may be the issue as well - Grace trained her Uryuom power, Noah possibly started training Earth magic before Uryuom power.

(Still, it's possible his flight is Uryuom power.)

On top of that, I'm not sure what Noah could get out of his Uryuom power without a CMD. It has been hinted at that Uryuom have some shapeshifting abilities without a CMD, but it hasn't been elaborated on how much. And Noah is a chimera, which have flawed transformation abilities until corrected by use of a CMD. Adrian might be able to get a CMD for Noah if Noah really wanted one (though not one with as extensive abilities as the TFG, due to Uryuom laws that makes getting one like that tricky), but Adrian has much greater access to magical knowledge and resources.

3 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

I imagine he probably could have penetrated the flame barrier. Based on Greg sticking his finger into it, I don't think the barrier projected any force, it just contained enough heat to incinerate just about anything that tried to enter it. Grace was able to withstand that because her fur is fireproof, which was a quality she was specifically engineered with (Because she was made to fight the 'Lord of Fire') instead of being a result of her Uryuom Power.

Not sure how that explains how Noah could penetrate the barrier. No, there's no force field that actually blocks stuff, but the intense heat would prevent most from getting to Dex. Sure if Noah had the ability to resist fire or cancel the effect altogether then certainly, but we don't have anything to suggest he has that.

7 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

On top of that, I'm not sure what Noah could get out of his Uryuom power without a CMD. It has been hinted at that Uryuom have some shapeshifting abilities without a CMD, but it hasn't been elaborated on how much. And Noah is a chimera, which have flawed transformation abilities until corrected by use of a CMD. Adrian might be able to get a CMD for Noah if Noah really wanted one (though not one with as extensive abilities as the TFG, due to Uryuom laws that makes getting one like that tricky), but Adrian has much greater access to magical knowledge and resources.

Grace had limited shapeshifting because of her multi species nature, even Hedge and Guineas could shapeshift into their respective animal forms. The difference with Grace though was both the Uryuom and Lespuko DNA that let her take full squirrel form, she could do that before she got zapped. In the case of Noah, he seems to be straight Uryuom-Human so he might not have had even limited shapeshifting until he learned how to use magic to transform into the shadow guy. I don't believe Adrian would have had access to a CMD either, he was doesn't have any connections to the Paranormal Division since he and Edward couldn't have been on speaking terms when Adrian adopted Noah.

39 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

I imagine he probably could have penetrated the flame barrier.

I imagine he would be incinerated.

On top of that, I'm not sure what Noah could get out of his Uryuom power without a CMD. It has been hinted at that Uryuom have some shapeshifting abilities without a CMD, but it hasn't been elaborated on how much.

They have some natural abilities plus they are able to shift to any form ever given to them by CMD. Meanwhile, Grace can mix&match forms, but only due to her lespuko genes.

And Noah is a chimera, which have flawed transformation abilities until corrected by use of a CMD.

Good point: while we don't know if chimeras have less Uryuom power before having their shapeshifting corrected, we also don't know if they don't.

Adrian might be able to get a CMD for Noah if Noah really wanted one (though not one with as extensive abilities as the TFG, due to Uryuom laws that makes getting one like that tricky), but Adrian has much greater access to magical knowledge and resources.

He could get him TF Gun as well, if it only occurred to him Edward has one. Well, he would also need to ask Edward for it, which might be hit to his pride, but I think Edward would lend it to him.

(And there is additional issue of Adrian possibly deliberately keeping Noah secret from DGB.)

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I don't believe Adrian would have had access to a CMD either, he was doesn't have any connections to the Paranormal Division since he and Edward couldn't have been on speaking terms when Adrian adopted Noah.

Well they WERE able to speak when it mattered. However it's likely true Edward was Adrian's only connection in DGB - otherwise he would contact his other contact and not Edward.

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:

In the case of Noah, he seems to be straight Uryuom-Human so he might not have had even limited shapeshifting until he learned how to use magic to transform into the shadow guy.

The shadow guy transformation seem to be more disguise than shapeshifting. And he might have two forms as Grace's siblings - he does have two different DNAs, Human and Uryuom, and while Grace doesn't seem to have specifically Uryuom form, Noah might.

53 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The shadow guy transformation seem to be more disguise than shapeshifting. And he might have two forms as Grace's siblings - he does have two different DNAs, Human and Uryuom, and while Grace doesn't seem to have specifically Uryuom form, Noah might.

I think the fact that we haven't seen any greater chimera shapeshift into an Uryuom form without the help of a CMD says something though, at least we should keep this in mind for the next round of Q&A's and ask about it.

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I think the fact that we haven't seen any greater chimera shapeshift into an Uryuom form without the help of a CMD says something though, at least we should keep this in mind for the next round of Q&A's and ask about it.

No it doesn't say anything considering we only saw ONE greater chimera transforming - Grace. Vlad was greater chimera but we never saw him transform on his own, only Ellen transforming him, and Noah (IF he's greater chimera) we didn't saw transforming at all. Oh, and neither did we saw Archie transforming.

Also, I'm not sure what you want to ask. The "Can Noah transform to Uryuom form" question is going to be labeled spoiler just like "Is Noah greater chimera", which it's obviously something which is supposed to be revealed later. Not that it wouldn't be good question, I'm just afraid we would need to wait for the reveal and then ask for details.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Not sure how that explains how Noah could penetrate the barrier. No, there's no force field that actually blocks stuff, but the intense heat would prevent most from getting to Dex. Sure if Noah had the ability to resist fire or cancel the effect altogether then certainly, but we don't have anything to suggest he has that.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I probably should have been more clear. I figured he could get through the barrier, but unless he has a magical source of fire resistance, he would be incinerated, or at least very badly burned. Assuming he didn't try some kind of ranged attack, which I would hope Adrian taught him some sort of ranged technique. Those come in handy when you can't get close to your target.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

He could get him TF Gun as well, if it only occurred to him Edward has one. Well, he would also need to ask Edward for it, which might be hit to his pride, but I think Edward would lend it to him.

Adrian and Edward aren't exactly on speaking terms. Also the TF Gun isn't Edward's. It belongs to Tedd. Sure, Edward would able to ask Tedd if Adrian could borrow it for a bit, but before the events of the comic, I'm not sure Tedd would have been comfortable letting someone he barely knows borrow the TFG.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I don't believe Adrian would have had access to a CMD either, he was doesn't have any connections to the Paranormal Division since he and Edward couldn't have been on speaking terms when Adrian adopted Noah.

Well they WERE able to speak when it mattered. However it's likely true Edward was Adrian's only connection in DGB - otherwise he would contact his other contact and not Edward.

There are likely formal ways to contact the Paranormal Division, other than going through personal contacts. Adrian mentioned he didn't want to speak with Arthur about the boar incident. Possibly, the head of the Paranormal Division handles the formal requests and inquiries, likely for security reasons (Edward knows about extraterrestrials and even has a Uryuom secretary, but his two top agents aren't in the know)

40 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, I'm not sure what you want to ask. The "Can Noah transform to Uryuom form" question is going to be labeled spoiler just like "Is Noah greater chimera", which it's obviously something which is supposed to be revealed later. Not that it wouldn't be good question, I'm just afraid we would need to wait for the reveal and then ask for details.

"Can a greater chimera assume a uryuom form without the use of a CMD?"

4 hours ago, Drasvin said:
6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I probably should have been more clear. I figured he could get through the barrier, but unless he has a magical source of fire resistance, he would be incinerated, or at least very badly burned. Assuming he didn't try some kind of ranged attack, which I would hope Adrian taught him some sort of ranged technique. Those come in handy when you can't get close to your target.

I would assume he would try some ranged attack and seriously hurt Dex. Ranged incapacitating attacks are hard.

Adrian and Edward aren't exactly on speaking terms

The boar incident proves otherwise as I already mentioned.

Also the TF Gun isn't Edward's. It belongs to Tedd.

I doubt this. First, I think it belongs to William. Tedd even asked if he wants it back. Second, Edward can always confiscate it as dangerous device. That said, Edward would likely ask Tedd. He would also likely ask in way which would make Tedd agree.

I'm not sure Tedd would have been comfortable letting someone he barely knows borrow the TFG.

I would think in most cases, Edward would object more than Tedd. Meanwhile, if Edward would tell him HE knows the person, why would Tedd object?

There are likely formal ways to contact the Paranormal Division, other than going through personal contacts. Adrian mentioned he didn't want to speak with Arthur about the boar incident. Possibly, the head of the Paranormal Division handles the formal requests and inquiries, likely for security reasons (Edward knows about extraterrestrials and even has a Uryuom secretary, but his two top agents aren't in the know)

There are likely formal ways to contact the Paranormal Division which includes code words which gets you over people who would just reply "hahaha, is this a prank call?" to people with appropriate clearance. The head of the Paranormal Division doesn't need to handle ALL format requests and inquiries, but might decide to handle Adrian Raven's, like for example because he has noone who can deliver the laugh as he can.

"Can a greater chimera assume a uryuom form without the use of a CMD?"

That sounds like the answer would be "why do you ask? Is this attempt to catch me on some inconsistency?" ... however, maybe it will work. Better chance to ask about Noah specifically I guess.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

we should keep this in mind for the next round of Q&A's and ask about it.

We can also ask directly on twitter and/or tumblr (ok, I can ask over tumblr, not sure what accounts you have). Sometimes Dan does answer that way, although usually to matters related to current comics. I've got one answer ... out of four I think.

On 10/27/2017 at 11:46 PM, hkmaly said:

The point of that reference is that for uryuom hybrids, using human magic is hard but not impossible. If it would be impossible, Dan would simply say "it's not possible". Making it possible and explaining it in such detail is obvious Chekhov's gun (tvtropes) and Dan does seem to enjoy firing his Chekhov's guns.

Note that a hairstyle suspiciously similar to Noah's pigtails also make an appearance in that Q&A....I took that as a hint, too. ;-)

Also, we KNOW that Grace has lespuko genes which makes her shapeshifting stronger ; Noah not having such genes could be all difference needed.

I think this is what makes Grace so powerful, her combination including not just human, animal, and Uryuom, but also Lespuko.

Hmm, I wonder, as I have before, whether a chimera (genes mixed in a Uryuom egg) who was a mix of human genes but no other species would have any magic powers?

On 10/27/2017 at 11:43 PM, Don Edwards said:

I am of the opinion that a person who is absolutely strictly heterosexual would find it unpleasant to participate in group/team activities with others of their own sex - without regard to what the activities are, but also even more so for activities where the norm is to be substantially but not completely dressed - such as basketball.

There would be no reason for someone's sexuality to cause them to dislike non-sexual contact, that is a separate factor.  Homophobia or a plain dislike of being touched would make physical contact with someone of the same sex unpleasant, but without such other factors touch itself should be neutral.  Sexual attraction may make it more pleasant, and might even overcome a dislike of touching.  Dislike of pain might make rough contact in sports unpleasant, with enjoyment of the sport itself, the camaraderie that comes with being on a team, the pleasure of success in the sport, or enjoying the physical contact for sexual reasons, could all be reasons to enjoy sports despite physical pain being involved sometimes.

Even close contact can be without a sexual component, such as for a massage therapist, and pleasant physical sensations can be pleasant without any sexual component, but modern humans are so physically separate from each other that many/most of us are pretty bad at telling sensual apart from sexual -- as Grace learned about nudity in our culture, because the two are usually associated, the one tends to make us think of the other.

On 10/28/2017 at 0:00 AM, Tom Sewell said:

They are definitely mobile.  If you've ever seen a pet rat, they can wrap their tails around things for balance and security, but they can't actually hang their full weight by them for more than a moment or pick things up with them.  They're referred to as partially prehensile.  Whether Noah's tentacles are fully or partially prehensile, they are definitely not just hair.   Greater chimeras always have tentacles, although it's unusual ("weird") for them to come out in back.  A greater chimera is one with Uryuom genes.  So, it's pretty clear that Noah is part Uryuom, as said above, most likely through having at least one parent who was a greater chimera.

ETA: Wow, usually the system lets me know when more has bern posted while working on a reply, but I never saw any "See More" link! Ah, well, if I'd been reading all that, I wouldn't have had time to post....

10 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, I wonder, as I have before, whether a chimera (genes mixed in a Uryuom egg) who was a mix of human genes but no other species would have any magic powers?

Technically, definitely, as Uryuom eggs works by mag- .... Uryuom power. Usable level, hard to say.

Alternatively, if you meant to ask if human genes containing magic talent will activate in chimera, that might be even more complicated question ...

10 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Greater chimeras always have tentacles, although it's unusual ("weird") for them to come out in back.

Look at their ages. I don't think it's actually unusual for them to come out in back, kids of this age are even worse with statistics than adults.