• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Monday October 30, 2017

Gee, Susan has to think more than just Elliot and Catalina. Then again, surely confirmed – all thoughts, no action, on a double default.

Gosh, I have to love Susan's "tongue out" face. It is too... pure.

1 hour ago, Stature said:

Gee, Susan has to think more than just Elliot and Catalina.

She might also try Justin, but I don't think that would change anything.

Maybe she needs to think less and be more impulsive. Although even that may not work without being transformed.

Also, this is second time Diane is sure she got incomplete answer. She should get used to it. On the other hand ... if the faces Susan was making were real, she might already had the answer for this.

34 minutes ago, Sjmcc13 said:

She appears to have some level of Cat fetish...

Why do you think so? Imagining Catalina as catgirl is completely natural, she's just THAT cat-like.

... wait. She also imagined Elliot as catboy. Ok, maybe she has.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She also imagined Elliot as catboy.

Elliot is a catboy, don't forget, and I think Susan has seen him in that form at least once.

So what I'm left wondering here is where the distinction actually lies.  Is the issue "things" or is it doing "things" herself?  She has no issues with "sexy" when it involves others, but she has a definite issue with sexual acts involving her.  Is the issue that it involves her, or is it sexual acts?  Maybe I'm putting too fine a point on it, but this seems like a significant distinction to me.

All of this also raises a question I don't think I've ever considered, which is whether its ok for someone to simply have no interest in sex.  My gut reaction is that must be the result of some kind of defect or injury/trauma.  But given the much broader range of gender identities that EGS has opened my eyes to, maybe its just another range on the spectrum?  

52 minutes ago, Nayl said:

Is the issue that it involves her, or is it sexual acts?  Maybe I'm putting too fine a point on it, but this seems like a significant distinction to me.

The way I understood this is that if it involves her personally, she has issues with it. That was the definite impression I got from the last page.

53 minutes ago, Nayl said:

All of this also raises a question I don't think I've ever considered, which is whether its ok for someone to simply have no interest in sex.  My gut reaction is that must be the result of some kind of defect or injury/trauma.  But given the much broader range of gender identities that EGS has opened my eyes to, maybe its just another range on the spectrum?  

Being asexual is a perfectly valid position on the spectrum. Some people are just not interested and that is fine. What you are speaking of -- the trauma-induced phenomenon -- is called erotophobia and is not the same thing. Erotophobes have sex drives, they are just terrified of engaging sexually with people.

13 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Being asexual is a perfectly valid position on the spectrum. Some people are just not interested and that is fine. What you are speaking of -- the trauma-induced phenomenon -- is called erotophobia and is not the same thing. Erotophobes have sex drives, they are just terrified of engaging sexually with people.

Yeah, but we don't know for sure about Susan. It could be from the same trauma caused by seeing her father cheating, for all we know...

Just now, Entropy said:

Yeah, but we don't know for sure about Susan. It could be from the same trauma caused by seeing her father cheating, for all we know...

This is true, or something else we haven't seen. The vampire aberration in France might also be an underlying factor. But please note that I was not saying Susan was either, only differentiating them. She could be either of these or even something we haven't mapped out yet.

In a way, it is like thinking about pie but not eating it. Thinking about baseball but not playing ball. So yes, she just finds doing such acts repulsive.

4 minutes ago, Entropy said:

Seconds, but just roughly.

Someone get these kids a good therapist

Only if the sessions are done in EGSNP, otherwise the main comic would be nothing but until the sun goes cold.

I can't tell is Susan is asexual or [[bisexual or bicurious] with her touch phobia getting in the way of actually doing...things.] or something else.

9 hours ago, Entropy said:

Susan "likes to watch", but she caught her dad with another woman. I can see the experience being a reason that Susan would be wary of dating guys, the fear of them cheating, but I would have expected someone who experienced that trauma wouldn't want to even see others engaged in physical contact either. Or maybe Susan had been suppressing it all this time until she saw Catalina and Elliot.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

Elliot is a catboy, don't forget, and I think Susan has seen him in that form at least once.

Considering it's painful, I think it was just once and he looks differently in that form.

14 hours ago, Nayl said:

But given the much broader range of gender identities that EGS has opened my eyes to, maybe its just another range on the spectrum?  

It's definitely on spectrum. It may also be technically (biologically) defect but we don't understand embryogenesis enough to be sure about it, much less just think about fixing it properly ... and fixing it improperly has so bad sideefects that even just calling it defect is now stigmatized.

9 hours ago, Nayl said:

Someone get these kids a good therapist

Only if the sessions are done in EGSNP, otherwise the main comic would be nothing but until the sun goes cold.

It could also be off-panel but it would be pity as it would definitely be interesting. Unfortunately, seems pretty obvious DGB doesn't have one and are afraid of allowing anyone without the clearance to get near them.

7 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

I can't tell is Susan is asexual or [[bisexual or bicurious] with her touch phobia getting in the way of actually doing...things.] or something else.

Her touch phobia isn't THAT bad. She successfully hugged several people. But maybe it's the body fluid parts which scares her ...

It would definitely help if we saw what things exactly is she imagining. Of course that's unlikely to happen ...

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
13 hours ago, Entropy said:

Susan "likes to watch", but she caught her dad with another woman. I can see the experience being a reason that Susan would be wary of dating guys, the fear of them cheating, but I would have expected someone who experienced that trauma wouldn't want to even see others engaged in physical contact either.

I would consider this to be sign that it is NOT from trauma caused by seeing her father cheating. Although traumas don't always work logically.

Note that she apparently caught her daddy quite soon, they still had some clothes on.

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Considering it's painful, I think it was just once and he looks differently in that form.

It's definitely on spectrum. It may also be technically (biologically) defect but we don't understand embryogenesis enough to be sure about it, much less just think about fixing it properly ... and fixing it improperly has so bad sideefects that even just calling it defect is now stigmatized.

It could also be off-panel but it would be pity as it would definitely be interesting. Unfortunately, seems pretty obvious DGB doesn't have one and are afraid of allowing anyone without the clearance to get near them.

Her touch phobia isn't THAT bad. She successfully hugged several people. But maybe it's the body fluid parts which scares her ...

It would definitely help if we saw what things exactly is she imagining. Of course that's unlikely to happen ...

I would consider this to be sign that it is NOT from trauma caused by seeing her father cheating. Although traumas don't always work logically.

Note that she apparently caught her daddy quite soon, they still had some clothes on.

Maybe it's more than one thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the cheating and the vampire slaying built on each other.

7 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Considering "THINGS" almost exclusively involves one touching or one being touched by another person's damp and smelly parts, and how Susan can barely touch another person's typical parts there's no way to really tease out the specifics of her sexuality without mitigating her compulsive/phobic behavior first. 

And something about EGS I'm sure I've said before is that it's astounding the amount of time the characters dwell on all kinds of sexuality, but none of them do much with their sexuality. All theory and no practice.

17 minutes ago, Thor said:

And something about EGS I'm sure I've said before is that it's astounding the amount of time the characters dwell on all kinds of sexuality, but none of them do much with their sexuality. All theory and no practice.

I suppose you talk about panel time because not only I refuse to believe healthy teenagers are doing that little with their sexuality, we have at least one example of characters obviously doing more than we were shown. Granted, how much more is open to interpretation, but still. Also, Catalina and Rhoda ALSO were doing more than shown.

18 minutes ago, animalia said:

Maybe it's more than one thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the cheating and the vampire slaying built on each other.

Not that the vampire slaying helped, but I would assume it would be noted if her touch phobia got noticeably worse after returning from France. So, I think she had it even before.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I suppose you talk about panel time because not only I refuse to believe healthy teenagers are doing that little with their sexuality, we have at least one example of characters obviously doing more than we were shown. Granted, how much more is open to interpretation, but still. Also, Catalina and Rhoda ALSO were doing more than shown.

Not that the vampire slaying helped, but I would assume it would be noted if her touch phobia got noticeably worse after returning from France. So, I think she had it even before.

I never said she didn't have it before but we KNOW the vampire slaying caused Susan deep emotional trauma do the incident with Jerry the Immortal in hammerchlorians, and according to Dan that is the reason for Susan's stare, to think it did not make her touching problems worse (assuming the touching problem is caused by emotional trauma) seems highly unlikely to me.

47 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, but the woman only had her panties left on, no bra, so there was very likely skin on skin contact when she caught them.

31 minutes ago, animalia said:

I never said she didn't have it before but we KNOW the vampire slaying caused Susan deep emotional trauma do the incident with Jerry the Immortal in hammerchlorians, and according to Dan that is the reason for Susan's stare, to think it did not make her touching problems worse (assuming the touching problem is caused by emotional trauma) seems highly unlikely to me.

I think it might make her general socialization worse without influencing the touching problem directly. It also postponed the realization that her touching problem is detrimental to her happiness.

The disappearance of Susan's stare suggests that Jerry and his serenity spell (and his counselling) helped her a lot in overcoming the vampire slaying trauma. The touching problem remained.

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, but the woman only had her panties left on, no bra, so there was very likely skin on skin contact when she caught them.

Still much less likely to cause trauma than if her caught them covered in sweat and possibly other bodily fluids ...

42 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think it might make her general socialization worse without influencing the touching problem directly. It also postponed the realization that her touching problem is detrimental to her happiness.

The disappearance of Susan's stare suggests that Jerry and his serenity spell (and his counselling) helped her a lot in overcoming the vampire slaying trauma. The touching problem remained.

Still much less likely to cause trauma than if her caught them covered in sweat and possibly other bodily fluids ...

As someone who has regular therapy sessions (Asperger's Syndrome and OCD) can I state that change is an ongoing process I and just because Susan has gotten better in some regards about the vampire slaying, dosen't mean it has completely stopped effincting her. In fact it probably never will.

To use an example from my own life I recently came to a realization during a therapy session that one reason that I hate it whenever one of my parents try to suggest I add a sheduule or routine to my life is that my OCD already imposes so much forced order on my life in the way it compells me to do things in certain orders that the thought if any more is stiffilling.

In some ways this breakthrough has helped me, as a result of it  I AM able to schedule things in my life to some small degree where I wouldn't be able to before, but this mostly involves making sure I get writing done. In terms of big time scheduling that will probably never happen and even on the small scale I already have issues with backsliding, so I have to get myself back to work (I hope to get Patreon funded at some point). So my point is, take it from personal experience this stuff never goes away, it simply changes.

59 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

No offense but Jerry might be better than the people doing your therapy.

Also, not everything went away.

I forgot about that bit, and if anything it proves my point. That being said all of this is predicated on the idea that her aversion to be touched in that maner is caused by deep emotional trauma, something which we have no way to know about one way or the other at this point. Honestly I feel like it good go either way.