• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
partner555

NP Wednesday Nov 1 2017

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:
4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I was speaking about every card being separately enchanted.

Even Dan said there were 813 possible combinations, the game needs to be able to keep track of it somehow right?

Once again: you proposed Hanma's game doesn't need to be sentient, it's could be enchanted with conditionals, each card probably has specific enchantments that activate when placed down.

I countered that system consisting of so many separately enchanted components is likely having so big risk of failure / bug that having the game sentient would likely be safer.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

(D&D game between lawyer students might get interesting)

No, no it's not.  Or maybe it is in the Chinese meaning of interesting.

However once I explained that I can and will use rule zero ("The DM is always right") and that it was, literally impossible for me to "cheat", the games got much better.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

(D&D game between lawyer students might get interesting)

No, no it's not.  Or maybe it is in the Chinese meaning of interesting.

There is no chinese meaning. Interesting ALWAYS means what it does in that chinese curse, only it's not always obvious.

Also, either you are not lawyer or you shouldn't be one if it wasn't fun for you.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

However once I explained that I can and will use rule zero ("The DM is always right") and that it was, literally impossible for me to "cheat", the games got much better.

Can, will and never stop using.

21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm ... "caveat four: none of your wishes can refer to any other wish, including but not limited to wishes you made before it or wishes you made after it".

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
On 11/3/2017 at 2:38 AM, hkmaly said:

That guy's second wish just would not be granted.  It violates the rules set out at the beginning.  No amount of lawyerly talk would get around that fact.

IMHO it would. He doesn't wish for more wishes (yet). He talks about wishes but it would effectively only affect his third, last wish.

I think the four caveat I proposed, when mentioned on beginning, would be simplest way to prevent this: "none of your wishes can refer to any other wish, including but not limited to wishes you made before it or wishes you made after it".

(Also, there is the little detail that wish making doesn't ACTUALLY work on this level - the caveats likely can't be declared null by wish, despite this technically not being mentioned as caveat, and there will be other unmentioned caveats as well.)