• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Sketchbook Thursday November 2, 2017

Isn't it redundant to post about sketchbook entries after Patreon posts have already been made? I feel it goes along with 2 people posting separate reaction threads for the same comic.

I understand the enthusiasm for posting about it being posted to the sketchbook section since it is a separate site, but it might be better for keeping the subforum less cluttered if maybe we just make note in an already existing thread that the image was posted elsewhere.

25 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Odd.  I'm kind meh about this.   I usually like Rhoda  stuff too.

That  is what I thought as well.

I think the issue might be the "sauciness" of the pose. We've always seen Rhoda as sort of meek, very cute, and always nice. This is Rhoda taking the cookie and crossing over to the dark side. That's why I voted against her being a foe to Sarah. I just don't see her going mad with power.

52 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I think the issue might be the "sauciness" of the pose. We've always seen Rhoda as sort of meek, very cute, and always nice. This is Rhoda taking the cookie and crossing over to the dark side. That's why I voted against her being a foe to Sarah. I just don't see her going mad with power.

If she would, however, she would be very hard to stop.

On 11/2/2017 at 10:38 AM, Scotty said:

Isn't it redundant to post about sketchbook entries after Patreon posts have already been made? I feel it goes along with 2 people posting separate reaction threads for the same comic.

Trouble is, people who aren't Patreon patrons wouldn't know to look for an older post about the same image.  If the original poster about that image were to edit the title of the post to reflect its appearing in Sketchbook as well, that might work, but otherwise, it's asking a lot to expect non-Patreon readers to know to (and bother to) look back through a bunch of previous posts to see if each Sketchbook post had appeared somewhere else before.

Somewhere out there, someone is seeing the Vitameatavegamin episode for the first time.  Do we make this person wade through sixty years of Lucy related commentary and criticism before saying what they like about it?

A separate thread for each place a comic is posted isn't a big problem.  At least it's a place for a link to the thread where the conversation is already ongoing.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
On 11/2/2017 at 4:38 PM, Scotty said:

Trouble is, people who aren't Patreon patrons wouldn't know to look for an older post about the same image.  If the original poster about that image were to edit the title of the post to reflect its appearing in Sketchbook as well, that might work, but otherwise, it's asking a lot to expect non-Patreon readers to know to (and bother to) look back through a bunch of previous posts to see if each Sketchbook post had appeared somewhere else before.

That would be more relevant if the image actually required to be Patreon patron to see. It is on Patreon, but it was visible to everyone the moment the thread was created.

It would also be relevant if someone would ever try to search for older discussions, but I don't think that is happening and if it is it's already very hard. Mainly because the discussion thread is not linked from specific comics itself AND lacks own "prev" and "next" links and links to starts of chapters.

(On the other hand, at least comments are rarely needed to understand the comics ; on drowtales, the navigation is just as hard, despite the forum being official forum - meaning, the forum is linked, but not individual threads - and every thread starts with comment from author which is OFTEN explaining something not visible from comics itself.)

I agree with the idea that the original poster should've updated the post, though.

34 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A separate thread for each place a comic is posted isn't a big problem.

It wouldn't in few cases, it would if this becomes usual. Case in point, we DON'T have separate threads for Patreon and for tumblr.

34 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

At least it's a place for a link to the thread where the conversation is already ongoing.

... which didn't happened.

Rhoda has been awakened for over two months now, and Pandora was surprised how great her potential turned out to be. One of the things I kind of suspect will happen in the main story is that Rhoda will save Diane at one point. Role reversal.

But, on the other hand, Rhoda's very committed to Catalina. She's kind of the niceness-equivalent of Ashley for Moperville South. I can see Rhoda having fantasies like this, but, no.

I wonder how Lucy is going to react when she finds out both Rhoda and Diane have magic?

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It would also be relevant if someone would ever try to search for older discussions, but I don't think that is happening and if it is it's already very hard. Mainly because the discussion thread is not linked from specific comics itself AND lacks own "prev" and "next" links and links to starts of chapters.

And it's not like we had tables like this:

Rad Squirrel
Comics 436: NP Monday March 21, 2016
Comics 437: NP Wednesday March 23, 2016
Comics 438: NP Friday March 25, 2016
Comics 439: NP Monday March 28, 2016
Comics 440: NP, Wednesday March 30, 2016
Comics 441: NP Friday April 1, 2016
Comics 442: NP, Monday April 4, 2016
Comics 443: NP: Wednesday, April 6, 2016
Comics 444: NP: Friday, April 8, 2016
Comics 445: NP: Monday, April 11, 2016
Comics 446: NP: Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Comics 447: NP, Friday April 15, 2016
Comics 448: NP Monday April 18, 2016
Comics 449: NP: Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Comics 450: NP, Friday April 22, 2016
Comics 451: NP Monday April 25, 2016
Comics 452: NP, Wednesday April 27, 2016
Comics 453: NP, Friday April 29, 2016

Detective Block
Comics 454: NP: Monday, May 2, 2016
Comics 455: NP, Wednesday May 4th, 2016
Comics 456: NP, Friday May 6th, 2016
Comics 457: NP: Monday, May 9, 2016
Comics 458: NP: Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Comics 459: NP: Friday, May 13, 2016

Assorted 2016 Alpha
Comics 460: NP: Monday, May 16, 2016
Comics 461: NP: Wednesday, May 18, 2016
Comics 462: NP: Friday, May 20, 2016
Comics 463: NP: Monday, May 23, 2016
Comics 464: NP: Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Comics 465: NP Friday 27 May 2016
Comics 466: NP: Monday, May 30, 2016
Comics 467: NP Wednesday 1 June, 2016
Comics 468: NP Friday June 3, 2016
Comics 469: NP Monday June 6, 2016
Comics 470: NP, Wednesday June 8, 2016
Comics 471: NP Friday June 10, 2016

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Rhoda has been awakened for over two months now, and Pandora was surprised how great her potential turned out to be. One of the things I kind of suspect will happen in the main story is that Rhoda will save Diane at one point. Role reversal.

Would be nice but I'm not sure if this storyline isn't already too complicated even without Rhoda and Catalina ...

But, on the other hand, Rhoda's very committed to Catalina. She's kind of the niceness-equivalent of Ashley for Moperville South. I can see Rhoda having fantasies like this, but, no.

I think that Rhoda is nowhere near as nice as Ashley. For example, I think Rhoda's jealousy shown in this story is canon. Wait. Ashley's reaction to Catalina likely too. Ok, Ashley might not be as nice either.

I wonder how Lucy is going to react when she finds out both Rhoda and Diane have magic?

"If I knew I can get magic if I start pursuing serious relationship I would started already" :)

... WILL she finds out, actually? They should be keeping it secret, shouldn't they? Sure, Nanase told Diane, but only because she sort of already knew ...

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:
9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
On 11/2/2017 at 11:38 AM, Scotty said:

That would be more relevant if the image actually required to be Patreon patron to see. It is on Patreon, but it was visible to everyone the moment the thread was created.

(On the other hand, at least comments are rarely needed to understand the comics ; on drowtales, the navigation is just as hard, despite the forum being official forum - meaning, the forum is linked, but not individual threads - and every thread starts with comment from author which is OFTEN explaining something not visible from comics itself.)

I agree with the idea that the original poster should've updated the post, though.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A separate thread for each place a comic is posted isn't a big problem.

It wouldn't in few cases, it would if this becomes usual. Case in point, we DON'T have separate threads for Patreon and for tumblr.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

At least it's a place for a link to the thread where the conversation is already ongoing.

... which didn't happened.

My train of thought on this was that the sketchbook posts were made a day after the Patreon posts, which as I said before, felt like it put it in the realm of double posting. If Dan ever got around to putting other Patreon milestone images that he considers tame (like vampire hunter Susan for instance) I can accept someone creating a new thread for that because posting a reaction in the original thread could be in the realm of necroposting. So it's really a timing thing.

I did also mention in the Trick or Treat Pirate Grace patreon thread that Dan was planning on posting the image in the sketckbook section, and later Stature posted in that thread that it was now in the section, that would have been a good point to post the link as well.