• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
JustBecauseICantDraw

Griffins are awesome

I'm on the road and only have a tiny notebook and a silly pencil to draw with, but I felt Diane slowly becoming a main character deserved some sort of recognition. Her pupils are nearly as big as the pencil lead. It's hard drawing small.

Anyway, here we have Diane, with a summoned lance, sitting on Tara. I regret not making the lance glow.

I thought the griffin would be hard to draw, but nope. Seems I'm quite good at griffins. Diane, though ... I couldn't figure out what her old outfit would look like sitting down, her head is 2 sizes too big, and her pose is WAY out.  And I think she's been hitting the donuts.  I might try again when I get home and do a better one.

(FYI Tara is based on the one that is just about to get hit with a soccer ball while chasing Cheerleadra, but I couldn't make it look right with Dan's style of wing so I made my own up)

taraanddiane_by_justbecauseicantdraw-dbs

On 11/3/2017 at 7:01 AM, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

I'm on the road and only have a tiny notebook and a silly pencil to draw with, but I felt Diane slowly becoming a main character deserved some sort of recognition. Her pupils are nearly as big as the pencil lead. It's hard drawing small.

Anyway, here we have Diane, with a summoned lance, sitting on Tara. I regret not making the lance glow.

I thought the griffin would be hard to draw, but nope. Seems I'm quite good at griffins. Diane, though ... I couldn't figure out what her old outfit would look like sitting down, her head is 2 sizes too big, and her pose is WAY out.  And I think she's been hitting the donuts.  I might try again when I get home and do a better one.

(FYI Tara is based on the one that is just about to get hit with a soccer ball while chasing Cheerleadra, but I couldn't make it look right with Dan's style of wing so I made my own up)

taraanddiane_by_justbecauseicantdraw-dbs

That's it, you have to change your nickname now.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

That's it, you have to change your nickname now.

Awww, thanks. But it's because I can't draw that I'm practicing :)

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I thought the nick name meant a strong preference for Stud rather than Draw Poker.

I ... um ... don't even know what the difference is ... but now I'm imagining a strip poker variant that involves a transformation gun

13 hours ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

Awww, thanks. But it's because I can't draw that I'm practicing :)

I ... um ... don't even know what the difference is ... but now I'm imagining a strip poker variant that involves a transformation gun

In broad terms

• Stud poker is playing the cards you were dealt.

• Draw poker means you can ask for new cards which you hope will be better.

There are lots of variations which mix, match and add rules.

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

In broad terms

• Stud poker is playing the cards you were dealt.

• Draw poker means you can ask for new cards which you hope will be better.

There are lots of variations which mix, match and add rules.

Personally I prefer "Hold-Em" games where some cards are yours alone and some cards are shared by everyone.  It is a metaphor for life.