• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

NP Friday November 3, 2017

Hanma, it's nice when you answer so clearly, but we would like to know WHAT are the other defaults you just confirmed you choose.

Is it sex/gender? Sex/gender preference? Species? Well we wouldn't need to worry about the last one, as Grace is not playing.

Physics should not allow Susan's piece to be waving, and tiptoed on one foot. :demonicduck:

I want to what happens to those waves before the storm.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hanma, it's nice when you answer so clearly, but we would like to know WHAT are the other defaults you just confirmed you choose.

Is it sex/gender? Sex/gender preference? Species? Well we wouldn't need to worry about the last one, as Grace is not playing.

Maybe a default mental state?

So it appears that the pieces might mover along the board themselves rather than the players moving them. That would make the "leave the game by removing the piece from the board" easier to handle since the player wouldn't need to touch the piece unless they were removing it from the board.

Are the playing pieces produced and/or animated through a means similar to Nanase's Fairy Doll spell with which Susan is so familiar?  Or is this a different kind of magic?

Do they represent the personality of the game, or the subconscious thoughts of the players?

1 hour ago, Stature said:

Physics should not allow Susan's piece to be waving, and tiptoed on one foot.

She can wave as long as she moves the other leg (or arm, or the hair) to balance. Not exactly most natural position, but not physically impossible.

Alternatively, she's not actually waving just now - like, she waved, then did some little jump.

28 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Maybe a default mental state?

Susan doesn't seem "default". But maybe only the parts of mental state game changes were changed to default. Like, the attraction.

30 minutes ago, Scotty said:

So it appears that the pieces might mover along the board themselves rather than the players moving them. That would make the "leave the game by removing the piece from the board" easier to handle since the player wouldn't need to touch the piece unless they were removing it from the board.

It would be possibility not present otherwise. However, stuff like self-moving pieces make even more likely it works on intent.

15 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Are the playing pieces produced and/or animated through a means similar to Nanase's Fairy Doll spell with which Susan is so familiar?  Or is this a different kind of magic?

Do they represent the personality of the game, or the subconscious thoughts of the players?

WERE there any pieces before starting the game? There definitely were not visible.

Susan's too cheerful to represent her subconscious, however Hanma's comment about playtesting suggests that it's bug. Presumably, they combine following the rules (including, possibly, greeting the players in pre-programmed way) with some conscious control and possibly subconscious as well. Like, you can't make it leave the field they are supposed to be at, unless it's part of "quitting" mechanics or it's your turn and you decided which direction should they go.

Note that THIS is the question we WILL get better answer for in next strip(s).

PS: The angles are off. If the pieces are waving in direction of their player, Catalina and Rhoda might be correct, but Susan and Ashley looks like the board rotated at least 50 degrees between previous page and current one.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

We've seen plenty of examples of Little Nase acting on happy, open impulses Susan would never act out herself.  Perhaps the game piece is more linked to Susan's "drunk hippie side"?

I don't think any example was THAT cheery. Nase was happier, more open and more impulsive but not cheery. Also, Hanma effectively ADMITTED it's bug.

The game isn't canon, unless Dan retcons it.

Maybe Dan was inspired by that game Chewbacca and R2D2 were playing in the Millenium Falcon, the one where the pieces were animated holograms.