• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

Filler 11/4/17 - Get Off Your Butt and VOTE!

ElectionDay2017Filler.png

TheHeroesOfCRASH.com

I know that we've already had two Halloween fillers, and some more holiday fillers are on the way with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, but I felt like this was a pretty important message to get out. Part of the reason our government is so corrupt is because of an uninformed, uninterested public. We need to watch what bills our representatives support and vote on. We need to contact our representatives and let them know what we want from them. And perhaps most importantly, WE NEED TO VOTE. And every election matters, even local ones. These local elections are where most of our state and federal officials get their start. So if you have an election in your state this month, GO OUT AND VOTE!

Oh, and one more thing you can do... I've just been notified that Google Maps lets you rate your government representatives just like businesses, giving them 1-5 stars and writing reviews. So if you have a representative that keeps voting on the most morally bankrupt bills, feel free to post your rating and review.

But that's all stuff you can read on the front page of my site. If you follow me online, you want a bit extra info behind why I draw what I draw. For today's filler, I could have drawn any of my characters, or even drawn myself, but I chose Dino-Mo. Partly, this is because we haven't seen much of her lately. But it has a bit more to do with the fact that I see a lot of my "hippie side" in her. Driven and true to her morals, she has the potential to be the strongest activist in my cast, even compared to my main three (She's more outspoken than Belt Boy or TM, and speaks more sincerely than master-of-sarcasm Cannon). I also wanted to have a character address a political issue who wasn't a white male, so I thought that Dino-Mo - canonically a half-Mexican, half-Native American woman - would be a better choice for this filler (Granted, she's still a character written by me, a white male, so this is mostly a symbolic gesture. I encourage you to go online and look at what real, non-fictitious Native Americans and Latinx people are saying about what's happening in our country!).