• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Monday November 6, 2017

Yes Elliot it is weird, especially if you still tries to not look at Ellen when she's naked.

Wait: the review show is NOT done in Susan's much bigger house?

And Ellen is not SUPPOSED to show up unexpectedly, although as we already talked about on previous page, there is something weird going on with their plans for tonight ...

(EDIT: Can't find where it happened. There are times Ellen's made things awkward for him but I also think she teased him with being naked and can't find it ... I think Elliot was saying "I would look if you were actually wearing something"

... EDIT 2: Found it. )

Huh. Ashley might have called it.

Plus, I could blame the home space if the parents also share a room, or whatnot.

[And either I am crazy or the font here changed]

15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

As far as we know, Justin is the only male that's been in Susan's house since her dad left. 

19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

And Ellen is not SUPPOSED to show up unexpectedly, although as we already talked about on previous page, there is something weird going on with their plans for tonight ...

Ellen being there would fit in with Magus' plan to get a body back. But Ellen and Nanase were supposed to be at Rhea and Charlotte's place investigating that peeper.

Possibly a vampire?

Or mom and dad home early?

I think maybe this was supposed to be a Friday comic, but Dan put in an extra comic and pushed this one up to Monday.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:
25 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

As far as we know, Justin is the only male that's been in Susan's house since her dad left. 

True ; her mother might still protest against any straight male.

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

Ellen being there would fit in with Magus' plan to get a body back. But Ellen and Nanase were supposed to be at Rhea and Charlotte's place investigating that peeper.

Maybe not YET. Elliot was supposed to take Ellen there in car, which might not yet happen ...

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

Possibly a vampire?

Or that.

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe not YET. Elliot was supposed to take Ellen there in car, which might not yet happen ...

It's not 100% clear, but I'm assuming that Elliot dropped off Ellen before or after taking Ashley to return that overdue library book. Nanase was using the car she used for the New  Year's Eve party (I presuming one of her parent's cars). Ellen and Nanase could have come back for some reason, but Ellen wouldn't have the garage door opener. Maybe the door doesn't have an opener, or maybe she could use her cellphone, though.

I think the parents returning early is the most likely.

However, vampires aren't out of the question. Kangaroo Guy surprised me.

2 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

It's not 100% clear, but I'm assuming that Elliot dropped off Ellen before or after taking Ashley to return that overdue library book.

I'm 90% sure the book was throwaway gag and Ashley returned it by herself. (On the other hand, I was also sure the griffin was throwaway gag ... that's why I moved from 100% to 90% ...).

4 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Ellen and Nanase could have come back for some reason, but Ellen wouldn't have the garage door opener. Maybe the door doesn't have an opener, or maybe she could use her cellphone, though.

Definitely sounds unlikely.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I was also sure the griffin was throwaway gag ... that's why I moved from 100% to 90% ...).

Even the Demonic Duck wasn't a throwaway gag. He's even made a cameo in at least one other webcomic.

You're in the EU, which means it is at least eight hours later where you are. Here it is 1:45 AM. I am going to bed now.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I thought the same thing, I would have figured it'd be easier for Susan to not have to carry the equipment to Elliot's, unless Elliot already had a decent camera and computer for shooting and editing the videos.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe the inhuman voyuer was a false alarm? Or they solved it that quickly. Or maybe there's something that Ellen needed to get from home to help solve it? Or maybe the inhuman voyeur stuff was Ellen coming up with an excuse to go somewhere else so that Nanase didn't feel like she was on a double date with her ex (which I still think is a silly thing to be hung up on since she did go on a double date with her cousin).

Also, should probably note that Ellen does not make her bed. ;)

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

For some reason I had always assumed Teds house (but not the basement) for a better editing computer, and a camerman. or Justin's for the same reason. 

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I thought the same thing, I would have figured it'd be easier for Susan to not have to carry the equipment to Elliot's, unless Elliot already had a decent camera and computer for shooting and editing the videos.

You know, I've always thought they did the show in Tedd's basement because I think that's where they were when they'd just watched a bunch of review shows. But now I see it could have been done in Susan's house. Or, since the show was Tensaided's idea in the first place and he owns a video store, at the store or in his home, assuming he actually doesn't live at his store or maybe over it. I think the second alternative would fit better assuming Susan's mom hasn't changed her attitude toward men.

But on the other hand--when did I grow another hand? Anyway, if Elliot has been doing the show from Susan's place, Susan's mom may have softened her attitude toward Elliot since he's ridiculously well-behaved. She might even be hoping they'll get together because he looks like the safest prospect for Susan. I'm assuming that Mrs. Pompoms wants some grandkids eventually.

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

You know, I've always thought they did the show in Tedd's basement because I think that's where they were when they'd just watched a bunch of review shows. But now I see it could have been done in Susan's house. Or, since the show was Tensaided's idea in the first place and he owns a video store, at the store or in his home, assuming he actually doesn't live at his store or maybe over it. I think the second alternative would fit better assuming Susan's mom hasn't changed her attitude toward men.

But on the other hand--when did I grow another hand? Anyway, if Elliot has been doing the show from Susan's place, Susan's mom may have softened her attitude toward Elliot since he's ridiculously well-behaved. She might even hoping they'll get together because he looks like the safest prospect for Susan. I'm assuming that Mrs. Pompoms wants some grandkids eventually.

Going through the archives again, Elliot and Susan initially watched movies at Susan's house, note the style of couch and the side table (no visible lamps either). But then when they get around to doing their first review, different couch, different side tables (with lamps). There's no mention of it being at Elliot's so my assumption was "well, Susan does live in a big house, there probably is several rooms with couches, they could have watched movies in one room, and recorded the review in another".

As for editing the reviews, we do know Sarah helped with one, though uncertain if she regularly edits them. I can also see the editing and uploading being done from Tedd's computer, he'd likely have a very good computer and Edward probably getting very good internet either through the government or just pays for the best service.

And as for Mrs Pompoms softening her attitude, Elliot has been in the house, so she must be aware (or Susan's been keeping it from her which I doubt) I don't think Susan would have gone with the "he's gay" excuse a second time either, so maybe Mrs Pompom is aware that Susan's made male friends and might even be relieved that Susan no longer on the path of becoming cynical about men like she is? Again I can't be certain what Susan's mom thinks at this time because we've only had the 1 instance of her very early on and to use Mama Kitsune as an example, her attitude toward's Nanase dating Ellen seems to have softened quite a bit over time so that could be the case with Susan's mom, it's uncertain.

I had been thinking that Mr Tensaided himself was the producer of the review videos.  Perhaps the parlor set was part of his office at the store.  Certainly it would not surprise me if he has sufficient video and computer equipment to edit a decent show.

But no.  The set for the (is it still unnamed?) review show is in Stately Dunkle Manor.

So this makes me wonder...  Susan should have experienced more interaction with Elliot's parents and Brownie if she has been going to Elliot's to shoot the shows.  Now I really want to know more about their first meeting and if any sort of relationship developed.

But, for the mental and emotional well being of both the EGS world and our own, let us ignore those events if there was anything like the "Kitty" scene.

Elliot and Susan initially watched movies at Susan's house, note the style of couch and the side table (no visible lamps either).

Yes, popcorn with chopsticks. Forgot that one. So, officially established that Elliot has been to Susan's house at least once. And, apparently, alone. Was Mrs. Pompoms out of town? Maybe her sister broke her other leg.

But then when they get around to doing their first review, different couch, different side tables (with lamps). There's no mention of it being at Elliot's so my assumption was "well, Susan does live in a big house, there probably is several rooms with couches, they could have watched movies in one room, and recorded the review in another".

Or maybe the Really Big Couch (with remote control), it's gags exhausted, went to couch heaven where it frolics with the other sofas of yesteryear and the ottomans of old. Or maybe Dan just decided, "Hey, how about a better-looking couch for this comic?"

I kind of think they'd want to use the biggest screen set, especially for sacred occasions such as watching the entire seven seasons of ST:TNG (twice), and even Susan would think that having any male in her bedroom alone has certain implications. For instance, what if Sarah asked where they were watching?

How do Susan and her mom keep up that enormous pile? Invisible Mexicans? (The intercom plays Mexican radio.)

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

But then when they get around to doing their first review, different couch, different side tables (with lamps).

I noticed something in Dan's commentary for that comic: He got his math wrong. He says Susan is 5' 6". But that was Susan's height before her growth spurt, as noted 137 comics earlier, before the summer break began, when Matt Cohen (remember poor Matt Cohen?) asked Susan for a date. 

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

We've only had the 1 instance of her very early on and to use Mama Kitsune as an example, her attitude toward's Nanase dating Ellen seems to have softened quite a bit over time...

One thought I've had for a couple of years now, maybe longer, is that Noriko might have left Edward for another woman. It would fit well with my theory that Mrs. Kitsune wanted to be Mrs. Verres, and if Adrian Raven played matchmaker, it would further explain why MK is still angry with him.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The set for the (is it still unnamed?) review show is in Stately Dunkle Manor.

You must mean Schloss Dunkel.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But, for the mental and emotional well being of both the EGS world and our own, let us ignore those events if there was anything like the "Kitty" scene.

At least until the inevitable Kittylypse at the mall.

A catgirl here, a catgirl there,
A catgirl down the hall,
That's how we maul vampires away
From the jolly old Moperville Mall.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also, should probably note that Ellen does not make her bed.

She might do it when they bought it (from Swedeka presumably). It would be stupid to disassemble it and then make it again every day.

What do you mean there is different meaning of that phrase?

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Maybe the inhuman voyuer was a false alarm? Or they solved it that quickly. Or maybe there's something that Ellen needed to get from home to help solve it? Or maybe the inhuman voyeur stuff was Ellen coming up with an excuse to go somewhere else so that Nanase didn't feel like she was on a double date with her ex (which I still think is a silly thing to be hung up on since she did go on a double date with her cousin).

I'm pretty sure that inhuman voyuer is someone hired by Sirleck, so no. Unless he's so good he already tied up both Nanase and Ellen and now is getting them back to Elliot according to plan.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

But on the other hand--when did I grow another hand? Anyway, if Elliot has been doing the show from Susan's place, Susan's mom may have softened her attitude toward Elliot since he's ridiculously well-behaved. She might even be hoping they'll get together because he looks like the safest prospect for Susan. I'm assuming that Mrs. Pompoms wants some grandkids eventually.

That might be too bold assumption. She wanted Susan to become lesbian. She SHOULD be aware that it usually means no grandkids.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

So they DID get him over Mrs. Pompoms at least once.

As for editing the reviews, we do know Sarah helped with one, though uncertain if she regularly edits them. I can also see the editing and uploading being done from Tedd's computer, he'd likely have a very good computer and Edward probably getting very good internet either through the government or just pays for the best service.

Well Tedd's computer is definitely very good as it likely has several Uryuom upgrades.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I kind of think they'd want to use the biggest screen set, especially for sacred occasions such as watching the entire seven seasons of ST:TNG (twice), and even Susan would think that having any male in her bedroom alone has certain implications. For instance, what if Sarah asked where they were watching?

Exactly. Although the implications are totally illogical, as they could do it anywhere, including Tedd's basement (unless the light would go out again).

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

We've only had the 1 instance of her very early on and to use Mama Kitsune as an example, her attitude toward's Nanase dating Ellen seems to have softened quite a bit over time...

One thought I've had for a couple of years now, maybe longer, is that Noriko might have left Edward for another woman.

Well Noriko is a wizard so we can't rule that out completely, but still, considering she wanted apprentice and certainly had at least one another child I think man would make more sense.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Well Noriko is a wizard so we can't rule that out completely, but still, considering she wanted apprentice and certainly had at least one another child I think man would make more sense.

The other child could have been an infant, or Noriko could have been pregnant when she left. We don't know anything about what arrangements Edward and Noriko may have left; it isn't unheard of for custody of children in a divorce to be divided between parents. Maybe Edward and/or Noriko decided it would be better if Tedd didn't know he had a sibling who did have (obvious) magic. Or, at the ultimate limit of possibility, Edward doesn't know that Noriko has another child. Or maybe not-Tengu said "children" to emphasize that he would kill everyone in Noriko's family, even members he might discover later.

Or maybe Noriko did have a child with Adrian, and maybe Susan and Diane have a red-headed sister or even a brother--which would also make them both related to Nanase. Maybe it was Magic's taste for dramatic serendipity that got Susan and Nanase together on that trip to France.

Meanwhile, is Ashley relieved or disappointed because Elliot sharing the same bedroom as his sister means it's more unlikely she will be having sex tonight?

Edited by Tom Sewell
I forgot the "be" between "will" and "having sex'".

25 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

The other child could have been an infant, or Noriko could have been pregnant when she left. We don't know anything about what arrangements Edward and Noriko may have left; it isn't unheard of for custody of children in a divorce to be divided between parents. Maybe Edward and/or Noriko decided it would be better if Tedd didn't know he had a sibling who did have (obvious) magic. Or, at the ultimate limit of possibility, Edward doesn't know that Noriko has another child. Or maybe not-Tengu said "children" to emphasize that he would kill everyone in Noriko's family, even members he might discover later.

I'm pretty sure not-Tengu said "children" as a deliberate foreshadowing that this child will appear in EGS later.

Otherwise, yes ... technically, it could be still Edward's child. I find hard to believe they would successfully hide sibling from Tedd while living in one house, but Noriko being pregnant with Edward both knowing or not knowing would be possible. It's also possible that Noriko stopped living with Edward before the divorce finished and she stopped communicating with him.

I still think it's more likely Noriko tried with someone else ... and hopefully not Adrian, Edward and Adrian's relationship doesn't look THAT bad and Adrian doesn't KNOW he can have kids.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Or maybe Noriko did have a child with Adrian, and maybe Susan and Diane have a red-headed sister or even a brother--which would also make them both related to Nanase.

Probably brother, considering not-Tengu specifically saying "first-born son".

Meanwhile, is Ashley relieved or disappointed because Elliot sharing the same bedroom as his sister means it's more unlikely she will having sex tonight?

I'm pretty sure only possible answer to this is "yes".

Or maybe "both".

Also, I hope they kill any vampire who would try to prevent them from having sex. Because I don't think Ellen would return unexpectedly without some major problem happening, and what else than vampire could happened? IF it's Ellen at all.

Between Ellen and Elliot, Elliot is the one who is bigger obstacle to sex.

31 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I still think it's more likely Noriko tried with someone else ... and hopefully not Adrian, Edward and Adrian's relationship doesn't look THAT bad and Adrian doesn't KNOW he can have kids.

It could be another reason Noriko is so distant. She may be protecting her younger child/children from Immortal wrath. And Edward "Mr. Know-It-All" Verres may agree 100%. Maybe he faked that seizure when Tedd wondered aloud if his mom had any more kids.

OR

Noriko doesn't want either Adrian or Edward to know because it would hurt them both, not to mention Tedd.

It could be another reason Noriko is so distant. She may be protecting her younger child/children from Immortal wrath.

Wrath. Right.

Noriko doesn't want either Adrian or Edward to know because it would hurt them both, not to mention Tedd.

This I would consider plausible. IF she had sex with Adrian, she likely thinks that mentioning she got pregnant from it would hurt both Adrian and Edward.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It could be another reason Noriko is so distant. She may be protecting her younger child/children from Immortal wrath.

Wrath. Right.

Right? Chew on this: Another Immortal is trying to kill Adrian. Does this suggest all Immortals have warm and fuzzy feelings for the children of half-Immortals? 

27 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Wrath. Right.

Right? Chew on this: Another Immortal is trying to kill Adrian. Does this suggest all Immortals have warm and fuzzy feelings for the children of half-Immortals? 

If that would be the issue, Adrian would be the best to protect him. Hiding him would only make sense if Noriko feared specifically Adrian or Pandora. AND if she had sex with Adrian, she likely knows him better than we do.

20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yes Elliot it is weird, especially if you still tries to not look at Ellen when she's naked.

(EDIT: Can't find where it happened. There are times Ellen's made things awkward for him but I also think she teased him with being naked and can't find it ... I think Elliot was saying "I would look if you were actually wearing something")

Found it.