• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Wednesday November 8, 2017

I imagine she just thinks she's pulling a prank (and probably will parrot some variant of "safety first").  But considering all the various beasties who have been clamoring for this moment for whatever reason...

Perhaps Magus finally got the nerve to tell Ellen (or anyone who would tell her) and she is doing everything she can to get him a body so he can help with the impending vampire attack.

YES!!! Finally, after eleven* long years!!! Ellen shall zap Elliot, and Magus shall rise once more! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

(Just wait, Ashley's going to bravely intercept the beam, or something else will interfere, and we'll have to wait even longer for Magus' resurrection.)

* I first read the opening of Grace's Birthday Party in 2006.

The ZZZZZZZAAAAPPPP!!!! has only progressed to ZZZ-. Elliot could dodge, or Ashley could knock him aside and get zapped instead.

Where's Nanase? Remember, Elliot has the car; the plan was for Elliot to drop off Ellen while Nanase drove her family's PT Cruiser to join Ellen.

1 hour ago, Haylo said:

Perhaps Magus finally got the nerve to tell Ellen (or anyone who would tell her) and she is doing everything she can to get him a body so he can help with the impending vampire attack.

Magus can't talk to anyone except Pandora and Sirleck. Otherwise he can only eavesdrop, maybe sense what people are thinking or feeling, and implant urges.

3 hours ago, Haylo said:

Magus can't talk to anyone on the physical plane.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Magus can't talk to anyone except Pandora and Sirleck. Otherwise he can only eavesdrop, maybe sense what people are thinking or feeling, and implant urges.

Actually, he can talk to the French Immortals. It's the part where they're enemies that's the problem.

6 hours ago, WR...S said:

I imagine she just thinks she's pulling a prank (and probably will parrot some variant of "safety first").  But considering all the various beasties who have been clamoring for this moment for whatever reason...

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Where's Nanase? Remember, Elliot has the car; the plan was for Elliot to drop off Ellen while Nanase drove her family's PT Cruiser to join Ellen.

Ok, so while we didn't see it happen, it's quite possible that Sirleck had jumped from the butler to Francine the janitor, then followed Ellen into the bathroom at school and jumped to her there, leaving Francine unconscious (but alive so there's hope for Ellen to survive this). Ellen, under possession of Sirleck lies to Nanase about the "inhuman voyeur at the college", Nanase is currently waiting for Ellen to get dropped off, but I'm betting Elliot hadn't seen Ellen since the morning so has no clue that he should be driving Ellen anywhere, he might have even assumed that Ellen went straight to Nanase's after school or something.

If this is an ambush, Ellen is not being very sneaky about it.

Her FV5 beam, we know, does not require recharge time between attacks.  But do any of her beam attacks actually require a charge-up phase?

For some reason, Ellen has been compelled to "attack" Elliot.  But she has retained enough presence of mind to make sure Elliot knows he is under attack.

I blame Tedd.

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, WR...S said:

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Ok, so while we didn't see it happen, it's quite possible that Sirleck had jumped from the butler to Francine the janitor, then followed Ellen into the bathroom at school and jumped to her there, leaving Francine unconscious (but alive so there's hope for Ellen to survive this). Ellen, under possession of Sirleck lies to Nanase about the "inhuman voyeur at the college", Nanase is currently waiting for Ellen to get dropped off, but I'm betting Elliot hadn't seen Ellen since the morning so has no clue that he should be driving Ellen anywhere, he might have even assumed that Ellen went straight to Nanase's after school or something.

Possible, though really creepy. Though Sirleck only came to Mopeville because of Adrian, giving the impression that he was going to deal with the half-immortal personally (after his mercenaries wear him down that is.)

Just now, Drasvin said:

Possible, though really creepy. Though Sirleck only came to Mopeville because of Adrian, giving the impression that he was going to deal with the half-immortal personally (after his mercenaries wear him down that is.)

It makes sense though, if Sirleck wants to possess Magus, he'd have to be close enough to make the jump when Magus got a physical body again, so Sirleck possesses Ellen, zaps Elliot which allows Magus to possess him, then the two of them go to the Diamond together.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, Drasvin said:

It makes sense though, if Sirleck wants to possess Magus, he'd have to be close enough to make the jump when Magus got a physical body again, so Sirleck possesses Ellen, zaps Elliot which allows Magus to possess him, then the two of them go to the Diamond together.

Makes sense, but it raises the question of what was planned if Sirleck hadn't found out about Adrian.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2420

Oooh boy...

Wait a moment...

Sirleck has possessed her, hasn't he?

I worried that this might what is happening; do we know of any long-term consequences for Sirleck possession?  I was worried that Sirleck possessing you was equivalent to being killed (I have read of Body Jumpers in other media that worked this way), but that seems a little dark for this comic.

I suppose since this is happening now, that Sirleck's plan to keep the Immortals otherwise occupied by going after Raven is and causing Chaos and Destruction is happening as we speak?

I was also trying to come up with a plausible scenario for why Ellen would suddenly zap Elliot, and I considered someone capturing and threatening Nanase, but that doesn't seem like something Ellen would just go along with.

Well, those are interesting comments ... I never even considered sirleck here ... I instantly assumed that was not actually Ellen.

After all, we know how many people who can look like Ellen if they want to?  I'm sure some of the vampires could handle it!

Edit: I'm gonna call it. That's Francine the janitor, currently possessed by a vampire.

Edited by JustBecauseICantDraw

6 minutes ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

After all, we know how many people who can look like Ellen if they want to?

And have a magic zap?  Not that many.

Just now, Drasvin said:

Makes sense, but it raises the question of what was planned if Sirleck hadn't found out about Adrian.

Sirleck had already lured a number of abberations to Moperville with the hope that Helena and Demetrius would be distracted at the same moment Ellen and Elliot were together and Magus could get Ellen to zap Elliot. When Abner originally called to say that Helena and Demetrius were getting distracted as planned, that was just confirmation. When Voltaire called after and impersonated Abner to leave the tip about Adrian, Sirleck pulled out all the stops to make certain that Helena and Demetrius were sufficiently distracted.

17 hours ago, Scotty said:

Wait a moment...

Sirleck has possessed her, hasn't he?

First idea I had too. Although it may be different aberration mind-controlling her as well.

Second was: did he done it just now or already in school?

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yes. The way she was talking to Nanase WAS suspicious.

7 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

I worried that this might what is happening; do we know of any long-term consequences for Sirleck possession?  I was worried that Sirleck possessing you was equivalent to being killed (I have read of Body Jumpers in other media that worked this way), but that seems a little dark for this comic.

Francine seemed relatively ok ...

16 hours ago, detrius said:

She could just be following Mrs. Dunkel's "keep it between girls" line of thinking.

Without warning? Maybe on Tedd, but not on Elliot.

16 hours ago, WR...S said:

I imagine she just thinks she's pulling a prank (and probably will parrot some variant of "safety first").

... right, maybe Magus finally found useful emotion to enhance ...

12 hours ago, partner555 said:
14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Actually, he can talk to the French Immortals. It's the part where they're enemies that's the problem.

He can talk to ANYONE on astral plane - any immortal and presumably more aberrations than just Sirleck. But he only KNOWS three immortals who he really don't want to talk to and Sirleck.

I'm sure he could be talking to Jerry if he tried.

3 hours ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

After all, we know how many people who can look like Ellen if they want to?  I'm sure some of the vampires could handle it!

Looking as Ellen? Easy. Casting spell like Ellen? Hard. It mimics Uryuom magic, remember.

17 hours ago, Scotty said:

A few tiny problems with that and all "Sirleck has possessed Ellen" variations:

1. Magus has to be between Ellen and Elliot.
  2. Magus can see Sirleck's true form when even when he's possessing someone.
  3. Magus is not going to be OK with that.
  4. Helen and Demetrius may not be able to be invisible to other immortals. There may be another Immortal watching Elliot, besides Voltaire. Just the possibility of getting detected by an Immortal should give Sirleck pause.
  5. Sirleck knows Pandora is interested in Ellen. Sirleck knows that Edward is interested in Ellen. Two more excellent reasons not to deal with Ellen without using at least one cut-out.
  6. Magus already got Ellen to try to zap Elliot. The problem with doing it again has really been Helen and Demetrius watching  Just a suggestion like "didn't you forget something?" could bring Ellen home, then "call Elliot out so you can tease him" and then "Why not zap Elliot? You know Ashley likes Elliot as a woman."
Edited by Tom Sewell
Mixed up Elliot and Nanase, an entirely novel screwup for me. Perhaps a Freudian slip? Or maybe because I was terrifically tired. Now I am merely tired.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Looking as Ellen? Easy. Casting spell like Ellen? Hard. It mimics Uryuom magic, remember.

First, when Ellen uses her basic spell on human any male, the target turns into a female version but still recognizable as the same person.

Second, is the spell really based on uryuom magic? Tedd worked on that gun for a very long time and put in lots of modifications. Tedd is really a wand maker. He can make up the spells he puts in wands. All his guns, watches, and whatever other transformation gadgets he's invented or modified could be mostly or entirely human-compatible magic.

Third, the Dewitchery Diamond was enchanted with human magic, so it's reasonable  to assume it can only act on curses made by human magic.

Magus has to be between Ellen and Nanase.

Magus has to be between Ellen and Elliot. Nanase is not part of the equation.

Magus can see Sirleck's true form when even when he's possessing someone.

Yeah, that's a given.

Magus is not going to be OK with that.

Are you sure? If Sirleck can possess and release without killing the host then it Magus might begrudgingly allow it. Magus would have to know that Sirleck would be possessing Ellen to make her zap Elliot and that he'd have to be ready for it.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Helen and Demetrius may not be able to be invisible to other immortals. There may be another Immortal watching Elliot, besides Voltaire. Just the possibility of getting detected by an Immortal should give Sirleck pause.

Let's see, if Helena and Demetrius are being distracted, Jerry2.0's watching Susan and Diane, Pandora's probably distracted by other things as well, and Voltaire's probably getting popcorn ready for watching crap hit the fan at that mall. I honestly don't think this would be an appropriate time for Hanma's canon debut. So who would intervene?

Sirleck knows Pandora is interested in Ellen. Sirleck knows that Edward is interested in Ellen. Two more excellent reasons not to deal with Ellen without using at least one cut-out.

What do you mean by "interested", yes Pandora know's about Magus trying to get Ellen to zap Elliot, but she had know clue that it's happening right now, when she worried about Tedd's wand being used as a substitute for Ellen, she decided not to say anything because she didn't think it'd be relevant, she was being complacent thinking that Magus was still bumbling around trying to figure out how to get back into the physical realm.

Magus already got Ellen to try to zap Elliot. The problem with doing it again has really been Helen and Demetrius watching  Just a suggestion like "didn't you forget something?" could bring Ellen home, then "call Elliot out so you can tease him" and then "Why not zap Elliot? You know Ashley likes Elliot as a woman."

That's not guaranteed to work though, the previous time Magus tried to amplify Ellen's urge to zap Elliot, she resisted it enough to redirect the beam to hit Tedd instead.

Also, this is probably several hours of manipulating Ellen here, from her sudden change of story at school,"Elliot and Ashley are doing the movie night thing in our room" to "Turns out they're going out tonight after all" even though Elliot and Ashley didn't go out and never even mentioned changing plans, meant Ellen's story was a lie. Why would she lie to Nanase about Elliot needing the car. No amount of emotional amplification could make her do that, so the only option would be possession.

48 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

In one of the Q&As it is specifically stated that Ellen's beam mimics Uryuom magic. It is human magic imitating Uryuom magic

Tedd needs to discover the underlying metaphysical connextion between the different varieties of magic.

And I count wealth, political power, and social influence as types of magic.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Useful Detail Added