• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Friday November 10, 2017

So the first impression from previous comics was correct: it IS Sirleck. He did considered the distraction good enough to actually go into Moperville and help Magus possessing Elliot ...

Also, despite the two day wait on our side, only few milliseconds passed inside EGS and Elliot wasn't able to dodge, and neither was Ashley able to intervene.

6 minutes ago, WR...S said:

One, two, THREE Elliots!  Mwahahahahahaha!

Not yet.

Actually, while that is Magus's plan, Sirleck's plan might be different ...

Just now, hkmaly said:
2 minutes ago, WR...S said:

One, two, THREE Elliots!  Mwahahahahahaha!

Not yet.

No sign of whether this duplicated Elliot's body with one having Magusin control, or what. I'm not even sure what will happen next though, since Sirleck has already taken possession of Ellen, there's nothing stopping him from just jumping to Magus while still in Elliot's body. Ashley's may intervene somehow, but Ellen may be out of it for a while.

I think Tedd's likely going to put his guantlet to use in order to separate Sirleck from Magus/Elliot, and then take them to the diamond to separate Magus from Elliot.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

No sign of whether this duplicated Elliot's body with one having Magusin control, or what.

It didn't. Magus PLANNED to use dewitchery diamond to do the separation.

I'm not even sure what will happen next though, since Sirleck has already taken possession of Ellen, there's nothing stopping him from just jumping to Magus while still in Elliot's body. Ashley's may intervene somehow, but Ellen may be out of it for a while.

Therefore, Friday comics.

I think Tedd's likely going to put his guantlet to use in order to separate Sirleck from Magus/Elliot, and then take them to the diamond to separate Magus from Elliot.

Interesting idea, but might be too specific. In any case, I think Tedd will need to pursue Elliot for some time. It's even possible that we will see the conclusion of the Susan/Diane/Vampires story and maybe even Pandora's story before the end of Elliot's story.

(Although even THAT should still be inside Sister 3, shouldn't it?)

Is there any chance this is just Ellen in a bad costume?

And where is Brownie?
Aren't house cats supposed to heroically dive into the fight and save their humans from certain doom?
Even at the cost of seven of their nine lives?

Zoo wee, Brownie looks smaller than the beam. But still, wha?

Uh, Magus, ya might wanna look down below (if possible). Yet hey, Magus is doppelgänger material.

Looks to me like Magus has merged with Elliot. There's a suggestion of that in the three overlapping silhouettes in Panel 3, and the person in Panel 4 is wearing Elliot's clothes.

My guess is that Sirleck's next move will be to try to kill Ashley, to leave no witnesses.

To the several people I argued with about Sirleck possessing Ellen, kudos. You guessed right. The backstory would seem that Sirleck was possessing Francine the janitor, who was seen earlier in the background of Panel 2 and maybe Panel 3  of #2396  and again in Panels 1 and 2 of #2399 .

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Looks to me like Magus has merged with Elliot.

Yes.

There's a suggestion of that in the three overlapping silhouettes in Panel 3

Uhh ... you think?

and the person in Panel 4 is wearing Elliot's clothes.

Yes, Elliot's clothes and Magus's expression.

My guess is that Sirleck's next move will be to try to kill Ashley, to leave no witnesses.

Using Ellen? How? Sirleck's next move is to possess Magus-merged-with-Elliot.

To the several people I argued with about Sirleck possessing Ellen, kudos. You guessed right. The backstory would seem that Sirleck was possessing Francine the janitor, who was seen earlier in the background of Panel 2 and maybe Panel 3  of #2396  and again in Panels 1 and 2 of #2399 .

Hmmm ... I'm surprised Dan didn't mentioned Francine in the links. Maybe later. It definitely seems most likely.

Ellen is being possessed by Sirleck.  Elliot is being possessed by Magus.  And it looks like they have access to their possess-ee's magic abilities.  If Sirleck can use Ellen's beams, it seems likely Magus can now turn into (his version of?) Cheerleadra, as well as a copy of any female he chooses.  Plus the unknown new "occular" ability.

Two of the heavy-hitters just switched sides.  And everyone else will be reluctant to attack them, for fear of hurting their friends.  Especially Grace, who has nightmares about this exact sort of dilemma.

If Sirleck doesn't make the jump to Magus-Elliot right away, I expect we'll see Sirleck-Ellen using her beam weapons a whole lit more freely and creatively than we've seen before this.....Dan does seem to like the idea of a transformation rampage, but all the good guys are too scrupulous to do that to other people casually.  Sirleck will likely have no such restraint.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Not immediately. Remember, Sirleck can be seen when he's not possessing a host, and Magus is looking right at him. In fact, by the look in Magus' eyes, he might be able to see Sirleck merged with Ellen now--and I don't think he particularly wants to kill Ellen.

And who exactly is Magus-merged-with-Elliot? Is Magus running the whole show? Does Elliot have some control? The worst circumstance would be if Sirleck has already possessed Magus-Elliot, something that lunatic expression in Panel 4 would fit. I don't think either Magus or Elliot has ever looked that over-the-top.

But going back to the premise of the first paragraph, Magus detests Sirleck, and now that he has a body, his next move may well be to kill Sirleck or give it the old college try.

Place your bets, I guess.

3 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Plus the unknown new "occular" ability.

The ability to see something...like Sirleck?

5 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Two of the heavy-hitters just switched sides.  And everyone else will be reluctant to attack them, for fear of hurting their friends.  Especially Grace, who has nightmares about this exact sort of dilemma.

Down the road maybe, but how are they going to get down that road?

If Sirleck has already possessed Elliot-Magus, Ellen is going to be at least as far out of it as Francine the janitor, maybe even passed out. But Ashley would have seen Sirleck in his horrible natural form. Not a terribly good situation for either Ashley or Ellen, you think?

On the other hand, if Elliot-Magus can already see Sirleck possessing Ellen, he wouldn't want to hurt Ellen. So Sirleck might just leave, planning to make a stealth attack later.

Or the Elliot part of Magus-Elliot, now with ocular enhancement, might just tear off enough pieces of Sirleck so that the remainder clinging to Ellen would be weak enough or dead enough to remove without harming her. Ellen could then use her more versatile beams in taking care of that nasty Vampire infestation.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Dan moves to a new scene, leaving us guessing what happened after this Friday comic. Not happy, but not surprised. So maybe we should all stock up on pitchforks and torches over the weekend.

Well that's a Wham Episode if ever there was one. (I deliberately did not link to the TVTropes page. You're welcome.)

Everyone seems to be assuming that Magus has possessed Elliot, but it looks to me like he was just returned to physical form. As in, he has his own body. This is what I'd always assumed would happen, and the art seems to support it.

MY big question is and has always been: Why on earth does Ellen zapping Elliot with FV5 have this very specific effect?

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:
5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Sirleck probably considers Ashley to not be any threat to him. Since we already have clear evidence that Sirleck can use his host's abilities, jumping to Magus/Elliot now would give him access to those abilities, which would make him a formidable opponent. Ashley would be wise to try to get warning to someone (Nanase, Susan, Sarah, Tedd?). My guess is when Sirleck takes off after possessing Magus/Elliot, Ashley will rush over to Ellen to see if she's ok and then probably use Ellen's cellphone to contact someone.

Speaking of magic though, it's probably correct to assume that Magus is able to use his abilities while in Elliot's body, whether he also can use Elliot's abilities as well is another thing but it might be possible, the question would be whether Magus can access Elliot's knowledge which would seem to be how Sirleck is able to use Ellen's abilities.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Remember, Sirleck can be seen when he's not possessing a host, and Magus is looking right at him.

But Ashley would have seen Sirleck in his horrible natural form.

I don't think that's the case. We only see him because Dan wants us to know he's there, but to other characters, he's on another plane of existence, Magus saw Sirleck because he shared that plane for a while, I'm betting now that Magus is in the physical realm, he does not see Sirleck anymore and wouldn't see him swoop in too take possession. When Sirleck took possession of the butler, we saw Sirleck behind him, but there was no indication that the butler was aware that he was about to be hijacked.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I don't think that's the case. We only see him because Dan wants us to know he's there, but to other characters, he's on another plane of existence, Magus saw Sirleck because he shared that plane for a while, I'm betting now that Magus is in the physical realm, he does not see Sirleck anymore and wouldn't see him swoop in too take possession. When Sirleck took possession of the butler, we saw Sirleck behind him, but there was no indication that the butler was aware that he was about to be hijacked.

The only time we've seen Sirleck's real form when he wasn't possessing a host (aside from a single sketchbook) was when he was about to possess the butler. Dan has already admitted that he's at least somewhat obsessive-compulsive, and he has invested quite a lot of time creating this convention. And at the moment the butler was about to be hijacked, Sirleck was behind him' the butler was still looking mesmerized at his master's fallen body.

Possibly the butler was thinking this was too good to be true

2 hours ago, Illjwamh said:

Everyone seems to be assuming that Magus has possessed Elliot, but it looks to me like he was just returned to physical form. As in, he has his own body. This is what I'd always assumed would happen, and the art seems to support it.

MY big question is and has always been: Why on earth does Ellen zapping Elliot with FV5 have this very specific effect?

.Well, the fact that the figure in Panel 4 is framed so tightly that we can't tell if it has boobs may provide some hint of an explanation. Also, it seems to have been Pandora, not Sirleck, who told Magus that the dewitchery diamond was still part of the plan to recover his own body after it had already been used to create Ellen. My theory on how that would work is that Elliot-Magus has to touch that diamond again to split apart.

Pandora didn't mention what sex Magus would be when the process completed.

41 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

The only time we've seen Sirleck's real form when he wasn't possessing a host (aside from a single sketchbook) was when he was about to possess the butler. Dan has already admitted that he's at least somewhat obsessive-compulsive, and he has invested quite a lot of time creating this convention. And at the moment the butler was about to be hijacked, Sirleck was behind him' the butler was still looking mesmerized at his master's fallen body.

In every case when Sirleck has been on a different plane than the person he's possessing, Dan has drawn the possessed alone, with Sirleck not visible, all in one density.  When he draws both Sirleck and the person he's possessing, Sirleck is drawn with normal density and the one he's possessing (and the rest of our plane) is greyed out, emphasizing the fact that Sirleck is on a different plane of existence, not visible to those in our plane.  In the image where he is about to grab hold of the butler, both are drawn in the same density; the implication is that they are both on the same plane of existence, that they are both visible in the same way.  It could be that he only has to enter our plane when he is actually attacking someone, or it might be that he is visible any time he is not on a host., we have no indication which is the case yet.

Also, it seems to have been Pandora, not Sirleck, who told Magus that the dewitchery diamond was still part of the plan to recover his own body after it had already been used to create Ellen. My theory on how that would work is that Elliot-Magus has to touch that diamond again to split apart.

I think that's been the most popular assumption, that Magus would then want to touch the DD and get his own body, leaving Elliot unharmed (and possibly with new magic abilities based on Magus's?).  Personally, I think if Magus were to just explain his situation, trapped in a strange universe with no body and no friends, and his plan to get himself a new body and get back home....the whole gang would be all for helping him, especially Elliot!  Perhaps Pandora could advocate for him as well, if she finds out that Magus has carried out that part of her plan.

Magus's actions now that he can interact with the normal world will, of course, have a huge impact on how willing to help him everyone will be.  If he prevents Sirleck from hurting Ashley, for example.  I picture Ashley hearing an argument between Magus and Sirleck, possibly about whether to kill her, and thus figuring out that Magus is not such a bad guy but Sirleck is a monster, and reporting this to the others.

Pandora didn't mention what sex Magus would be when the process completed.

I'm not sure he really cares.  However, given that Elliot can return himself to his default male sex at will, I would expect Magus to do so, so that Elliot will be under only one enchantment when he touches the Diamond, that is, possession by Magus.  Otherwise, there would be a chance the Diamond might either create a separate new entity (Elaine?) as well as a separate Magus, or that it would find the number of enchantments too confusing and not give Magus a new body at all.

16 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

there would be a chance the Diamond might either create a separate new entity (Elaine?) as well as a separate Magus

Why stop there?  How about a separate body for each of the various forms Elliot has taken?  Edward Verres would be able to provide cover stories for all of the women.  But what do we do about that darn cat?  Should we take suggestions from Bob Barker?

53 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Why stop there?  How about a separate body for each of the various forms Elliot has taken?  Edward Verres would be able to provide cover stories for all of the women.  But what do we do about that darn cat?  Should we take suggestions from Bob Barker?

Anyone familiar with the anime (and manga) Seven of Seven (七人のナナ Shichinin no Nana)? By a remarkable coincidence, it's from 2002, the same year EGS began.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

In every case when Sirleck has been on a different plane than the person he's possessing, Dan has drawn the possessed alone, with Sirleck not visible, all in one density.  When he draws both Sirleck and the person he's possessing, Sirleck is drawn with normal density and the one he's possessing (and the rest of our plane) is greyed out, emphasizing the fact that Sirleck is on a different plane of existence, not visible to those in our plane.  In the image where he is about to grab hold of the butler, both are drawn in the same density; the implication is that they are both on the same plane of existence, that they are both visible in the same way.  It could be that he only has to enter our plane when he is actually attacking someone, or it might be that he is visible any time he is not on a host., we have no indication which is the case yet.

Sirleck complained early on that he couldn't take a break from his brain-dead host. However, he had to be invisible to the butler when he left the rich old man who immediately fell over dead because the butler was looking right at the old man. So it seems most likely he has to fully enter the material plane and become visible to its natives just before he attacks.

Some character, maybe Edward, maybe Susan, explains at some point that Abberations always have a monstrous form, although some of them can appear as normal humans until they attack to feed.

Anyway, whether or not Magus or Magus-Elliot or Magus-Elaine, or whoever and whatever the figure in Panel 4 is, that face looks like the face of someone who wants to kill someone. I hope it's not Ashley. If it's Magus, it may be Sirleck, whom he detests. But before he went back to Sirleck, Magus vowed "Pandora, I will end you."

It could be that Magus wants to kill them both, but Magus seems to have some morality and betraying his partner who has helped him so much doesn't seem to jive with that morality, even if Sirleck  is utterly detestable. But Pandora, not likely Magus forgiven her; she attacked him only when he refused to help him kill Abraham, and Magus has seen Pandora at her monstrous worst.

I've said it at least once before on this forum, but it bears repeating here: I don't think Magus has any idea that Sirleck is sending vampires to kill Pandora's son.         

17 minutes ago, mlooney said:

This story line just turned darker than I was expecting and not the way I was expecting it to turn.

Painted Black was pretty darned dark.

16 minutes ago, Drachefly said:

Magus actually embodied? Wow, this show is really on the road!

I don't think this road will be paved with yellow bricks.

Edited by Tom Sewell
Made it a little clearer

This is the part we're supposed to be all worried for Elliot and Ellen, but I'm still dancing around in my head going "Finally! Finally!"

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

And who exactly is Magus-merged-with-Elliot? Is Magus running the whole show? Does Elliot have some control? The worst circumstance would be if Sirleck has already possessed Magus-Elliot, something that lunatic expression in Panel 4 would fit. I don't think either Magus or Elliot has ever looked that over-the-top.

I don't know, the figure in the final panel looks a lot like Elliot in his bully-hunter phase.

4 hours ago, Illjwamh said:

There are three possibilities here, the way I see it. One: Magus has been given a new body, which looks a lot like Elliot. Two: Magus was blasted into Elliot by the beam, and is now possessing him. Three: Ellen zapping Elliot (something I'm pretty sure has never happened before) who she was once split off from forged a connection causing the two of them to merge back into one body, and by standing in between them Magus was able to add himself to the mix.

I always considered option two the most likely, but the three images of Elliot in panel three make me wonder if option three might be in play.

At any rate, until we get a wider shot showing exactly who is in the room following the blast, there's no way to be sure. (Assuming we don't cut away to another scene on Monday.)

28 minutes ago, mlooney said:

This story line just turned darker than I was expecting and not the way I was expecting it to turn.

I've been expecting (and looking forward to) this to happen in Sister III since the Sister III title page...

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

Welp Pandroa, that plan of yours is going great!  (I am assuming it was Pandora who marooned Magus on the spirit plane)

I don't think it was, she just happened to notice his arrival and though she'd have some fun.

I think she'd be more regretful about the way she left him though.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

There are three possibilities here, the way I see it. One: Magus has been given a new body, which looks a lot like Elliot.

It doesn't look like Elliot; it looks like his original body, which happens to resemble Elliot.

I remember when I first read that strip all those years ago, I assumed Magus was an alternate Elliot from yet another universe.